Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 03:16:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta patch December 2011 is released  (Read 15102 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« on: December 31, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »

Beta 5 version of patch
http://files.mail.ru/MBF230

Install:

0) Cancel all operations
1) Download and unpack patch to temp folder
2) Update.cmd -> select unpacked patch and click Yes to uninstall previous.
3) Wait...
4) Click Save&Play
5) First at all create new profile

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »

You know this will make me stop messing with SABOW.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:52:50 AM »

You know this will make me stop messing with SABOW.   Grin

For SABOW patch coming soon  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:45:12 AM »

Thanks Andrey and happy new year.
wolk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »

Does the "update_district_taranovka_rakitnoe.exe" - updates polygons(?) work on english version?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »

Does the "update_district_taranovka_rakitnoe.exe" - updates polygons(?) work on english version?

No, English version will be released soon

Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 12:07:12 AM »

A suggestion if I may: Could something be implemented to see company-battalion hierarchy on the operational map in the future? It would help a great deal in keeping cohesion together.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »

A suggestion if I may: Could something be implemented to see company-battalion hierarchy on the operational map in the future? It would help a great deal in keeping cohesion together.
May be... but how do you propose to do this? Smiley

Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »

How about something like this?

- A platoon and all platoons part of the selected platoon’s company, when selected draws a red line to the platoon with the company commander. This line pulsates towards the company commander.
- The platoon containing the company commander, when selected draws a yellow line towards battalion commander. This line pulsates towards the battalion commander.
- Selected attached support units (artillery, antitank) draw a yellow line directly towards the supported battalion commander.
- There could be an option to show all of the lines when the player selects any platoon as well.

A very rough visualization:

The game Hearts of Iron 3 does a similar concept:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9914/hoi31u.jpg

I think also for the tactical mode, something could be done making hierarchy more visible now that battles can be battalion size. How about if an outline of other color (similar to the blue outline now) be laid over the other platoons in the same company in the unit selection panel? Or add other column to the panel so we can select an entire company with one click.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:07:41 AM by Tac Error » Logged
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »

I like this idea  8)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:10:18 AM »

2Tac Error add to work plan  Grin

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »

Hey Guys,
This looks almost identical to a game called Airbourne Assault from 2002.
Its a very good idea, but only if it will only show up in the "Map Mode" as alot of Blue rings and Red and Yellow lines in the Tactical phase will for me spoil the look of the game.
Unless of course you have the option to turn it on and off, like the Command and Arty rings.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:21:56 AM by Schuck » Logged
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »

Just a quick note on the patch.
Downloaded ok, installed ok.
Started up the game,
Got a new profile, re-entered all my settings.
Tried the Quick Battle.
More units, better layout, the hot-buttons now work with the interface off! (Yippee, thanks Andrey)
Seperate Command rings and Arty rings. Everything working OK.
Wow..... can it get any better?
Arranged my forces, started the Tactical Battle.. And.......ohh.. to many units for my poor old PC to handle, and it ground to a stuttering halt...  i think im going to cry Cry

So make sure you have a Proccesor up to the job, back to the Oct patch for me then!

PS Any chance of a patch without so many units per square? please Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:30:01 PM by Schuck » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »

Just a quick note on the patch.
Downloaded ok, installed ok.
Started up the game,
Got a new profile, re-entered all my settings.
Tried the Quick Battle.
More units, better layout, the hot-buttons now work with the interface off! (Yippee, thanks Andrey)
Seperate Command rings and Arty rings. Everything working OK.
Wow..... can it get any better?
Arranged my forces, started the Tactical Battle.. And.......ohh.. to many units for my poor old PC to handle, and it ground to a stuttering halt...  i think im going to cry Cry

So make sure you have a Proccesor up to the job, back to the Oct patch for me then!

PS Any chance of a patch without so many units per square? please Grin

Try option 4.18 to minimal (+Limited) - be same as oct patch (may be same) Smiley

Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »

Thanks Andrey,
Ive given it a go, but its just the same.
I tried in Quick Battle and the problem starts if there are more than nine units, (that includes AI) as it was before the Patch.
Maybe there should be an option 4.19: Limit one unit per square.
Everything else seems Ok, just a small graphics glitch on the halftrack/tank tracks flickering/flashing.

Anyway, maybe this is just the excuse i need to get a new PC  Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »

Thanks Andrey,
Ive given it a go, but its just the same.
I tried in Quick Battle and the problem starts if there are more than nine units, (that includes AI) as it was before the Patch.
Maybe there should be an option 4.19: Limit one unit per square.
Everything else seems Ok, just a small graphics glitch on the halftrack/tank tracks flickering/flashing.

Anyway, maybe this is just the excuse i need to get a new PC  Grin

This is an inevitable process - adding new features, especially the x2.5 of the number of troops, leading to increased system specs.

I do wonder how it happened that almost no one complains about the performance  Grin

Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »

Beta 5 version of patch
http://files.mail.ru/MBF230

Install:

0) Cancel all operations
1) Download and unpack patch to temp folder
2) Update.cmd -> select unpacked patch and click Yes to uninstall previous.
3) Wait...
4) Click Save&Play
5) First at all create new profile
Huh?Huh?Huh?

I have the patch, but no idea how to install it.

If I click the update tab in the menu screen and try to select the new patch nothing ever show up in the addon list.

Can someone please tell me exactly how this process works?  I've downloaded the other patches on Gamersgate and have the same issue.  Some are 7Zip files, but the v577 is an .exe but with the similar directions.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:18:54 PM by Capt Sam » Logged
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »

The v577 .exe is the core update. The 7z patch files you have to extract into separate folders and then use the in-game updater and select the patches' respective desc.addpack files.

BTW, there are new patches up on GamersGate. Download them instead. Smiley

Andrey, in one engagement, one of my Bren carriers fired a smoke grenade and it killed a member of the vehicle's dismount squad. Could you look into it for subsequent patches please? Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »

Step-by-step guide "How to install patch" with images
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73356

Install game release (if not installed), unpack patch to temp folder, install game core update (if not installed) and correctly specifying the path to the game and then select patch in update tool.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 11:49:40 PM »

Andrey, in one engagement, one of my Bren carriers fired a smoke grenade and it killed a member of the vehicle's dismount squad. Could you look into it for subsequent patches please? Smiley

The vicissitudes of war  Grin

I think it happens very rarely, and creates a pleasant (or unpleasant) surprise as in real combat.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: