Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 08:24:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger I Ausf E. Three Tones  (Read 13972 times)
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »

Released ! Many thanks guys to your support and your interest ! The mapping is not perfect and surely will not because the uvws and the missing parts of the model. So, I share you a better quality, imo, of the tigerss proposed. Hope you like it after all. Wink

http://www.4shared.com/archive/wJrX4U4w/Tiger_I_Ausf_E_Three_Tones.html

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:48:16 PM by Jochem Hraback » Logged

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
Littlebro
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:54:29 PM »

Wow great work!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:58:10 AM »

Yeah great camo for the autumn mod!Can't tell the Tiger from the surrounding grass! Gute arbeit Jochem! Wink
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:10:55 AM »

awhhh you bastard Sad Stealing my idea..

Nicely done!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 04:41:07 AM »

Hi guys,

With all the recent improvements in the German late-war camo schemes, it might be a good idea to compile them all into one download. Right now I see separate mods for the Tiger 1, Jagdpanther, Panther(s), and others.

A one-stop compilation, for example, a 'Panzer Colors' Mod, would make it easy for the many, many folks that don't check in regularly, what say you?

(Just one suggestion on my part - only mods directly related to skins and camo colours. No other configuration changes or unrelated knick-knacks.)

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »

Hi mate,

Thanks very much I just downloaded the Tiger skin and it looks absolutely super, top job mate, very well done.

Cheers

Acees

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »

I concur with Kyth's bright idea which obviously he stole from me 8). We should also add Mistwalker 2 tone camo for the Panzer IVF2 which I have adopted and love....Jochem also made some schemes for the existing camos which add more tones and colours.... Let's make it into a super mod.I am in the mood for Mod slinging.... Grin
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 12:04:52 PM »

Yeah, of course Kyth is perfectly right. This is the way to share the best of SF 1942 Smiley As Frinik said, I have re-worked the colorimetry to some of the panzers camo. I'll share you to the communauty the work soon but, if for some reason, some of you do not like these changes, I will retire it.

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »

When did Mistwalker come out with a Two-tone Panzer IV scheme?

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »

We should also add Mistwalker 2 tone camo for the Panzer IVF2 which I have adopted and love....

When did Mistwalker come out with a Two-tone Panzer IV scheme?

Frinik you must be terribly mistaken. As I recall, it was either the Horrible yellow colour (F2) or the Green Slime (H).

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 02:27:21 AM »

Nope! I ain't it's a two-tone grey-beige camo which Mistwalker offered a few months ago to people asking about a camo for the Panzer IVF2 a bit after the the Panzer IVH came out along with the Jagdpanzer IV L70.I can send you pics if you want?Huh??
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 02:38:29 AM »

Nope! I ain't it's a two-tone grey-beige camo which Mistwalker offered a few months ago to people asking about a camo for the Panzer IVF2 a bit after the the Panzer IVH came out along with the Jagdpanzer IV L70.

That's the standard skin for the F2 now  Roll Eyes To escape from it, you need a mod.
However, if you want to stick with it (there's really no accounting for taste  Cheesy) just don't overwrite it with any newer skin,

There was a bit of discussion about it:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10117.msg22381#msg22381

Good luck!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:50:22 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »

Well I happen to like it and my tastes are reproachless Roll Eyes
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 02:47:47 AM »

After 'stealing' Frinik's idea, (the Panzer Colors mod thing) I've been sitting on it, kind of,

The main issue, I think, is that each tank can have only one skin. So it's a matter of selecting one which is sufficiently generic, representative, yet not too unsightly. It boils down, basically to individual preference. If everyone agrees that I'll be the judge, jury and executioner, I'd be willing to take a crack at this task.

After we overcome this hurdle, here's where I see it going - We'll be able to churn out 'Panzer Colors' version 1.0 - 1.4 at a fairly rapid pace. Then we'll reach version 1.5 and stop there inexplicably, confusing the hell out of everybody.  Cheesy 

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 08:25:10 AM »

HI Jochem!Is your Three tones camo for the Tiger SS or just the plain, stock Ausf.H model?Huh?

There are so many skins for the Tiger I that I am getting lost and confused in the process.... Grin
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »

The main issue, I think, is that each tank can have only one skin. So it's a matter of selecting one which is sufficiently generic, representative, yet not too unsightly. It boils down, basically to individual preference. If everyone agrees that I'll be the judge, jury and executioner, I'd be willing to take a crack at this task.

Hi guys,

I've not had a chance to try this but it's an idea. Might this work?

1. Edit the skin and produce say 4 different versions differing in camouflage detail eg. tiger1a.dds, tiger1b.dds etc. A shortcut to testing just make each skin a completely different colour eg. all green, red, blue, yellow or whatever.
2. Edit matlib and make the entries for tiger1a, b,c, and d and assign each one of these unique skins.
3. Load the tiger's go file into the Objects Editor and assign it one of these skins in turn and save it as tiger1a.go, tiger1b.go etc..
4. Duplicate the tiger's encfg file as tiger1a.engcfg, tiger1b.encfg etc..
5. produce the neccessary "mixed" unit in the common.units file and also the vehicle's "text" file. (I need to look at existing "mixed" units for examples) and also in common.res.
6. I know it is possible to have a unit with mixed vehicles eg. 4 trucks and 2 kubelwagons etc. then it could be possibe to have a unit with mixed tigers (or any other model) with different skins shouldn't it?.

If I get a chance I'll try out my theory later. Actually if this idea works then it opens up other possibilities to have say four vehicles in a unit with different stowage (requires the model to be edited of course), tac marks placement etc.. I think I'll try my sdkfz251/1 mod or maybe my kubelwagon mod as I have the models and files at hand easy to edit. Could try producing four slightly different sdkfz251/1 models with different arrangement of stowage and/or skins to try out so that I have a platoion of four vehicles each slightly different.

Cheers

Aces
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:06:01 AM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »

I guess, but tanks in the same platoon generally had the same scheme. I think it would be better if instead there were just a different platoon for each scheme

Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 05:34:05 PM »

Hi mate,

What I meant was not different schemes but slightly differnces in the paintwork, tac mark positions, stowage/model etc.. I do agree that different platoons could also have differnt schemes but I was envisioning for example a platoon of 4 vehicles, say sdkfz251s, maybe one with an air recon flag, different internal and/orexternal stowage, jerry cans, helmets, zeltbahns,  spare roadyheels, extra track, numberplates etc. etc..

Cheers

Aces

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »

Hi mate,

What I meant was not different schemes but slightly differnces in the paintwork, tac mark positions, stowage/model etc.. I do agree that different platoons could also have differnt schemes but I was envisioning for example a platoon of 4 vehicles, say sdkfz251s, maybe one with an air recon flag, different internal and/orexternal stowage, jerry cans, helmets, zeltbahns,  spare roadyheels, extra track, numberplates etc. etc..

Cheers

Aces

It might not be necessary to create a whole new go file for each one, you just need to add the different stowage configurations in the 'random' section of the tech-cfg file. Each one would have a 'probability of appearance' value.

"Yes."
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »

Hi mate,

Yes, your idea regarding the use of add-ons for stowage items is a good one. I guess that if one wants a quick multi-skin then duplicating gos and editing the neccessary files would be fine, maybe changing the skin, tac marks etc. for each one slightly to give some slight variation between vehicles in the same platoon and/or vehicles in different platoons. For exisiting vehicles it should be fairly straigforward. For my 251 where I have the 3d model file it is quicker to produce four variants and do my positioning in the model stage than it is to export the stowage items seperately and then use add-ons to position them. As I have the skin file then that is also straighforward to edit a little for each one.

Cheers

Aces

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: