Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 12:37:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Please don't stone me for sacrilege (War Thunders)  (Read 75120 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 04:55:28 AM »

SF has TVT beat in the details, and, with the mods, in variety.

SF AI is also way better than either TvT's or the old R.O.( not sure about the new one). But the maps in TvT MP were great, so large and Zeewolf has made even bigger maps for his mods....
Antipov
Major

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »

Yes, they Germans never thought of looking under one of their own tanks for a AT rifleman. I had a good laugh. I saw "Ballad" in 1972. Doesn't it start with the protagonist running for his life while being chased by a (mock up) Tiger I?

SF's AI does so many brain damaged things it is often like watching The Keystone Kops, but then it can do something pretty intelligent. TVT is so scripted there are few surprises unless you haven't played for awhile.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:52:40 PM by Antipov » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »

I saw "Ballad" in 1972. Doesn't it start with the protagonist running for his life while being chased by a (mock up) Tiger I?
I see this movie also,  perhaps in 1972, don't remember exactly.
Well, as my point, movie is always a fiction, allegory. Some kind of the battle a good vs evil. Mentioned movie had excellent scenario and actors playing. As for fake `Tiger I`(suppose it was T-54) it's just a dummy element, same with AA rifle.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:54:33 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »

TVT is so scripted there are few surprises unless you haven't played for awhile.

Scripted all right with absolutely no variation in the missions. Also the AI could so dumb. I remember once looking for the T34s and then I found 3 of them in a clearing just whirling about in circles.Killed all of them without one even firing back at me... Roll Eyes.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 09:06:14 PM »

Killed all of them without one even firing back at me... Roll Eyes.
Unfortunately, almost the same situation in SF with a soviet tanks IS-2. The AI is absolutely stupid, don't want to kill infantry with MG(almost always try HE shell) and try to be close with enemy inspite the very slow reload of shell. Idiotic situation.

BTW
What abt in APOS? Does it has IS-2?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 09:17:59 PM »

BTW
What abt in APOS? Does it has IS-2?

I wouldn't think so it takes place before the first JS-2 appeared on the battlefield.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 01:39:48 PM »

Great picture!

witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 07:26:55 AM »

Hi tankers
                 thought I would put iron front 1944 back on and patch it through and see how it goes. All I can say is thank god for steel fury and the modders that have made it what it is today. That is the best ww2 tank sim. Iron front for me is very disappointing for many reasons. As a tank sim
for me it doesn't compare. I know it is a fps as well but it just doesn't do it for me on either tank sim or fps. long live SF     
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 07:39:52 AM »

To be truthful I considered purchasing Iron Front Lib 1944 since I already own Arma Cold War Assault and Arma II Combined Ops with the excellent WW2 i44 mod but after reading about all the bugs in IFL44 I decided not to purchase it. Apparently there's s project going to on to improve on the game engine and iron out the bugs.
Then I may reconsider.

SF anyway cannot be compared; it's only SP and unlike IFL44 the tanks being the centrepiece of the game are more polished with better and more realistic features. IFL 44 was never intended to be anything other than a combined arms tactical shooter/sim not a tankim.
witt 88
Oberleutnant

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »

Yes I know what you are saying. Forgotten hope 2 for me is a much better combo than iron front 1944. Now I know why I took it off in the first place. I was just reading somewhere where they said how great the tank battles were. So I thought I would give it a second chance. Talk about
propaganda!!! 

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:38 AM »

FH2.4 is fun but again the armour is typically BF2 style, no realism just another weapon to be used around what is essentially an fps-shooter. Still fun but MP focused and definitely not a tanksim....

If you have IFL 1944 you might be interested in this:
http://awar.su/en/games/iron-clash.html

It's supposed to be an improved IFL ... I hope it will materialise!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:31:52 AM by frinik » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »

Did somebody manged to start the game with a tanks?

norm
Oberst

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2013, 12:19:05 AM »

Promotional trailer released :
There is a payed entry beta which I plan to get for chiristmas, which opens in december ($60 for early access to beta before it goes public, as well as various perks such as exclusive vehicle decals an exclusive vehicle, either a prototype T-34 if you buy the Russian one, or a trophy M4 Sherman if you buy the German, or $100 for all of the above). I plan to get this, would you all like if I post some of my reactions to it here?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »

Sure why not.... I don't think that game is for me but who knows your comments/reactions might sway me!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »

Hmm, tanks blasting away at each other from 20 meters.  How often did that happen?

Bring back 3D markers!
norm
Oberst

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2013, 01:21:39 AM »

On occasion, I'm sure. But anyway, it's a trailer, they supposed to look exciting, and watching a brawl is more exciting than watching a speck on the horizon fire at another speck. Anyway, trailers rarely are identical to gameplay, especially with multi-player games, so we will have to see how it plays out in full real battles/historical battles.

New development by the way, they are going to remove the 20 teir world of tanks esque teir system, over into grouping vehicles into 5 sections, pre-war (1) early war (2) mid war (3) Late war (4) and post war/Korea (5) which should help combat some of the wonky match-ups that some have been worried about (both in the War thunder community and mentioned here.)
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2013, 02:13:16 AM »

I haven't seen any trailers, but the IGN gameplay had the tanks about 400m or so apart, and this was with Russian KV-1's. As long as they ditch the laser arty bullshit, it looks pretty promising

norm
Oberst

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2013, 02:36:29 AM »

Whukid, in one of my last posts "Promotional trailer released :http://vimeo.com/80399893". It is a bit theatrical, I agree. And I also agree on the arty mechanic, though the IGN gameplay was in the arcade game mode, (the one closest to WoT), so hopefully that will not be in the more realistic modes.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »

It looks beautiful, everything: nature, tracks, muddy on the hull and soot on the barrel brake.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:29:34 PM by lockie » Logged

norm
Oberst

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2014, 10:14:31 PM »

The beta NDA has partially dropped, so you can now see some of the tanks and the arcade mode in action. I can try to grab some footage for you lot in the next week or so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: