Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 02:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Please don't stone me for sacrilege (War Thunders)  (Read 75125 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:30 PM »

The beta NDA has partially dropped
Would be interesting to have a link Wink

Provocative signature removed
norm
Oberst

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »

Right-o then, I'll get Fraps re-installed, I may be able to have some rough, uncut footage from tonight's/tomorrow morning's session, or if not then, next Wednesday/Thursday.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:40 AM »

Looks like it will have to be next weeks session for footage, still trying to get the recording setup kinks worked out.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2014, 06:06:38 AM »

I have WT installed but I haven't tried it as air warfare just bores me.... Are we allowed to play the tanks in beta?
Lord_Haw-Haw
Major

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »

I have WT installed but I haven't tried it as air warfare just bores me.... Are we allowed to play the tanks in beta?

I would play WoT if it had a single player mode off-line, all those tank types WoT has would be great. My reason for off-line is I saw some in-game vids of people pushing around dead tanks as shields, so as in counter-strike it's not RL tactics but tactics exploiting the game engine. Head Shot!, came to mind -as a laughing 7 year old in a in jeep armed with a colt .45 kills me through the copula vision slot of my early Tiger 1 at 1500 meters 10 times in a row.

Years ago when my son played WoW, I asked if I would like WoW. He said, "Dad, no, it's NOT about game play, it is a social network".
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:09:41 PM by Lord_Haw-Haw » Logged
norm
Oberst

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »

Finik, the tanks have not been released into open beta yet, they are in closed beta. There is no announced open-beta release date as of yet. From my time playing so far, though, it feels far more realistic and convincing than world of tanks, and this is just the arcade mode. I'm really looking forward to the more realistic modes.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »

it feels far more realistic and convincing than world of tanks
What abt. infantry(AT guns, APC etc)? Will it be included or this will be a battle only - tank vs tank? Some kind of `counter-strike`? I.e. in ArmA u can use tanks, guns, mgs, small weapons. It's more interesting then use only one tank.

norm
Oberst

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2014, 04:03:34 AM »

No playable infantry or AT guns. But there are some AI AAA guns and such about the map, not tanks only. There is only the one map available at the moment, so we shall see what the others are like.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2014, 06:05:29 AM »

There's a video made by Sidestrafe ( for those of you who don't knowe him Sidestrafe is an avid gamer who makes high quality gameplay and review videos on his own Youtube production network about various shooters and sims like Red Orchestra, Arma 2 and 3, Battlefield 2 and 3, Iron Front Lib 1944) testing the Panzer IVF2 and giving his impressions... One thing I noticed and disliked; the reticle of the Pz IV is not the real one ; it's an arcadish, crosshair type.... I hope they will offer a realistic mode.

Here's the link:http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3889463/3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:44:11 PM by frinik » Logged
norm
Oberst

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2014, 06:55:19 PM »

Some footage from the same guy. And Frinik, I've said they only have the Arcade mode in the test so far. The two more realistic modes will be coming before too long. This is the least realistic of the three. With your remark about the croshair, I don't know if they will have the historical gun sight for each tank, but there is a lot of support for that idea on there forums. This is early beta, so stuff with certainly change.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:02:16 PM by norm » Logged
Pulstar
Oberleutnant

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2014, 03:15:57 AM »

There's a reason why games like Iron Front and Kharkov 1942 are played years after their release, basically even if you can't find an online game you can fire up the editor and have fun without much fuss. These f2p's have become a cultural phenomenon and you either have to fork out the dosh or spend unreasonable amounts of time grinding to get a half-decent piece of armour. Is WT offering something over WoT in this regard?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2014, 04:07:14 AM »

There's a reason why games like Iron Front and Kharkov 1942 are played years after their release, basically even if you can't find an online game you can fire up the editor and have fun without much fuss. These f2p's have become a cultural phenomenon and you either have to fork out the dosh or spend unreasonable amounts of time grinding to get a half-decent piece of armour. Is WT offering something over WoT in this regard?

The video seems to offer hope, especially if that's just the arcade mode. The T-34 seems to be a super tank though..

norm
Oberst

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2014, 02:58:38 AM »

Plustar, there is a mission editor in War Thunder, so you can set up singleplayer missions, using any aircraft with out having to unlock them. There are also scripted and dynamic campaigns. Whukid, I might be bad at driving it, but I wouldn't call the T-34 a super tank, i've been one shot several times with mine. I might be awful with it though. Tongue
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2014, 05:24:19 AM »

there is a mission editor in War Thunder, so you can set up singleplayer missions
This is great! So, I may create my personal mission and play offline against AI?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2014, 05:57:09 AM »

Hopefully this is true with the tanks too.

Lockie I suspect the mission editor allows you to make user-made missions but only to play online against other players....
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2014, 06:49:38 AM »

Any word on when tanks will get turned into an Open beta? Quickly tiring of airplanes

norm
Oberst

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 11:54:07 PM »

No announcement as of yet, I will pass it along when it comes. It's likely in January/early February. (surmise, don't take this as fact)

[edit] Here is some footage of the "realistic mode" (this is the intermediate of the three modes). As always, beta is beta, and all is subject to change.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:21:08 AM by norm » Logged
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2014, 06:23:54 AM »

Only 60$ and u'll become a happy owner of the M4A2 with 505th Heavy Tank Battalion insignia!  Wink
Buy it now!

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »

Oh no!  Lockie has turned into a salesman!

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2014, 07:16:20 PM »

I need to sale 100 Shermans and I'll get free my lovely insignia of the 505 Schwere Panzer-Abteilung!  Grin
I'm thinking, may be I should buy 100 Shermans to get free insignia, still hesitating  Huh?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: