Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 06:23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell other forum members you most memorable missions  (Read 8991 times)
peashooter1
« on: July 05, 2009, 05:30:58 PM »

My most memorable mission to date was playing the Soviet Army Group South Krasny Gigant Campaign 5/18/1942. On this mission my T-34s tank platoon was assigned to the 2nd Tank Battalion and our mission was to outflank the Germans and take a small village in the Krasney Gigant region. The mission was pretty tough and I lost one of the T-34s under my command. But we secured the village and I was busy mopping up scattered German infantry units. The second part of the mission started when the message from HQ came down that we were to expect a counter attack by German armor. I found a good spot and loaded up my AP rounds and waited. The wait wasn't long as I soon seen a couple Panzer MKIII's with some infantry support approaching. I dispached one PzIII pretty quickly and my other tank got the other PzIII. I then switched up to HE and started taking out the infantry supporting the German tanks. It all seemed to easy. I moved from my cover to get a better view of the area and to see if there were any enemy infantry pockets to mop up. I didn't see any so I popped my head back down into the turret just as an enemy AP round hit my T-34. My radioman/MG was killed instantly, I jumped to my main gun site and swung my turret around to the 2 o'clock position just in time to catch a StuGIII coming out from behind a bluff. A quick look at my loaded ammo display made my heart sink, I still had an HE round in the breech. I let it fly hoping it would distract the StuGIII crew long enough to get an AP round in the breech and get a shot off. My desperation shot seemed to work and I was ready to put an AP round into the StuGIII when I noticed some movement in my sight from the treeline...it was another StugIII. I zeroed in on this new threat and sent my AP round downrange towards him, it was a lucky shot and hit him square in the gun mantlet. I moved my sites back to the first StuGIII just in time to see an incoming AP round heading straight for my T-34. I had commited a serious error and stayed stationary for too long and allowed the first StuGIII crew time to regain thier senses and line up a killing shot while I was preoccupied with the other StuGIII. The AP round impacted my T-34 killing all on board. I have played this mission a couple of times and the StuGs don't always appear. The last time I played this mission no StuGs showed up, the time before that a single stuG appeared and took my T-34 out in almost the exact same manner as I wrote here, this time there were two. I think thats why I love this game so much, just when you think you know whats going to happen it suprises you Grin
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »

Cool report. Smiley Thanks.
Also I like the missions near Lozovskoe village (Soviet Army South Group).
Very strenuous. Grin

Maybe later I will try to find an initial variant of night mission on barrow near Lozovskoe Tongue

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
peashooter1
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:50:19 AM »

Thanks Iceman, I will have to try the Soviet Army Group South missions near Lozovskoe village this weekend, you say there is there a night mission in this one? I have only played one mission so far at night and that was when I first got SFK:42 (forgot the mission's name) but I remember I really got pasted. But since I have been playing for awhile maybe it's time to try a few. Grin

Come on you treadheads! I really want to hear about some of your memorable mission so please share them with all the forum members Smiley
HarryM
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

Yes, this one is a good mission. Did it again last night, been playing this one again after a few months hiatus. I got my turret mechanism and sites damaged by an anti-tank gun on the initial assault on the village. Could not traverse past centerline to the left, so the rest of mission had to make sure to keep the tank turned to the left slightly against opposition. Took the village and this time it was 3 stugs that appeared. Got them all. Fun.

The one have been replaying that is tough is when you start in rain, have to attack a column, then cross a river to defend a village. I kept getting bagged by an SP gun. Finally after a couple of tries got past that but then in the village there were no friendly tanks, and 3 pzIV. On top of that I only have 1 AP shell.

The single mission Matilda mission where you are defending the river crossing is great for training, the Matilda is pretty well invulnerable when buttoned up. 
peashooter1
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 12:32:56 AM »

Good read HarryM, I have a real good one that happened yesterday but my log-in keeps timing out for some reason today. I have written the post twice already and it didn't take so I will wait and add it here later
Snantose73
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »

Hi Hunter, you might try right here at Valhalla....we have a for sale section and one of our members may like owning your shell.

Robert
HarryM
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »

Just had a great mission where I bagged 3 T-34s, 2 T-60s and a KV-1, a record for me. It was the 5th or so Frederikus mission where you have to cross a river and capture a village then await a counterattack. I stayed on my side of the river and found a nice spot to wait. Got some nice tracking/leading shots on the T-34s, hitting them perfectly in the side right below/behind the turret, flamed right up. Love that 75MM on the PzIV, nice. Esp after getting through the Matilda (North) missions with it's pop-gun, nice to have some real hitting power.

So now I've finished all the South and North missions and am about 1/2 through Frederikus. I also had no idea you could see your stats in the change profile area. Neat. It said I got a "medal", wonder what was and what for.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »

I ahve had an incredible number of wonderful missions with both German and Soviet ones. The last memorable one was playing that first TIger 0_98 mission Nepokrytoe.It was pure pandemonium, explosions everywhere, machine gun rattling, smoke and dust, tanks on fire, machine guns barking, German and Soviet guns slamming shells right and left.The noise was deafening!

After pulverising an AT gun and its crew, I was faced by 4 rushing T34-85 on my right side at 500 metres.I took one with a Panzergranate 40 through the turret.it burst into flames, then another shot another t34- roasting,I saw a T34-85 at 1360 metres up on hill and I took him out with one single shot, then an unfortunate Bt5 1540 metres on a hill top behind the village.I used an HE pz granate 39 and the poor tank juts whirl about under the impact and landed 3 metres further after bursting in flames. By the time the battle was finished the battlefield was littered with burning German and Soviet tanks and APCs.

I destroyed 7 tanks, and 3 AT guns and 59 infantry and my wingmen destroyed another 5 tanks and 2At guns but I lost 2 Panzer IVE, 1 panzer IVF2, 5 APCs.What was impressive was not only the sheer realism and intensity of the battle but the immersion replete with explsoion, smoke, flames and noise of human voices and shells.

Anothe rmemorable one is the Road to Sidi Rezegh with the afrika mod.What tough battles with 2 dozen Soviet tanks and numerous aATs all well entrenched.I would get killed after destroying 9 tanks or more and soometimes more. Well made mods.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:11:37 PM »

I once managed to kill 3 Panzer III's with a T-60! Huh?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:18:13 PM by norm » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: