Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 07:20:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can only play first tutorial  (Read 6346 times)
Scupper
Oberleutnant

« on: August 21, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »

Since installing the game I've been unable to do anything except play the first tutorial, driving the Matilda around. Pressing the 'Continue' button at the end of the circuit just keeps me in that finished mission, unable to do anything. Can't select any of the other missions in the main menu without ending up back in the first tutorial, which I've now finished three times.

I subsequently installed JSGME, into which I put the unofficial patch, Campaign Mod 8.4 and Steel Panzer 1.4, which correctly appear as available missions in the missions menu, but whatever mission I select, I end up in the Matilda in the first tutorial mission. I like what I see but it's getting a bit tedious driving an underpowered tank through the mud and I'd like to shoot something... Any ideas? Tongue

W7 64, Intel Core I 920, 3GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4800.

peashooter1
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:25:33 PM »

Hi Scupper,
After you have completed the training mission (even if you don't and just hit the ECS button) at the next screen do not click the Continue click the Quit button. If you click continue well thats what you will do, continue in the same mission. After you click the quit button the next screen you will see is where you can pick another training mission or a campaign or single mission by clicking on the Campaigns & Missions button. Don't worry about losing your progress by clicking the quit button at the screen I mentioned earlier, if you completed your objectives it will autosave and will make available the next mission in the campaign (if your playing a campaign, and another mission is available).  Smiley

EDIT: Sorry Scupper I changed somethings to make more clear, really should stay away from the PC when I'm tired  Grin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:01:56 PM by peashooter1 » Logged
Scupper
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:50:53 AM »

Hi Peashooter, thanks for your reply.

I just did the tutorial again and then pressed the Quit button instead of the Continue button. That sent me to the main menu, so after pressing the Campaigns and Missions button I selected the gunnery tutorial but ended up back in the Matilda driving one. I then tried pressing the C&M button and starting the first campaign, which gave me the black and white video intro of the Karkov situation, but then it put me right back in the Matilda driving tutorial.

Something isn't working right and I might have to try reinstalling the game when I have more time.
peashooter1
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 12:55:21 PM »

Hi Scupper,
Wow something is definately wrong there. It's been ages since I played the tutorials, but if memory serves me correctly I don't recall them being manditory to pass before your able to proceed to other missions, so something is definately corrupted. But if I could make a suggestion Scupper, before you do a complete uninstall/reinstall of SFK42 did this also happen before you installed JSGME and added the mods? If not or your not sure deactivate all the mods you have in JSGME and try playing SFK42 barebones. The unofficial patch is a must have as is SPM 1.4 for sure, but you can play the game without them for testing purposes. Would hate to see you do a complete uninatall/reinstall of SFK42 and in the end find out it was a corrupted mod that was causing the problems. Keep us posted okay? Smiley
Scupper
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 07:24:37 AM »

It was the same before the patch and extras, - I was hoping they'd fix it.

One thing that occurs to me is that the game's installed on my D drive and not my system drive, and I know that can be an issue for one or two games (nearly all mine are on the D drive), so I'll put it there (C drive) next time and report back.
Scupper
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 08:34:28 AM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Solved!

I think that's all it was, - it wasn't on the system drive. It is now and it works fine, - just started a single mission with a T34 and it's a lot better than the Matilda I was starting to get sick of.
peashooter1
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:46 AM »

Good for you Scupper  Smiley
There is some new armor and other enhancements that has been made for SFK42 since SPM 1.4, but from what I read at the sukhoi.ru forums, SPM 1.5 will be available in Sept. The Russian SPM 1.5 should be out around the 12th, and I'm sure the English version will follow a couple days later.  SPM 1.5 will incorporate all the armor made after SPM 1.4 and will be adding more new armor and the missions/campaigns also, plus a few other enhancement to be sure.
Scupper
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:03:59 AM »

Yep, - looking forward to all that.

Working on the plethora of key commands at the moment, - but it's all good. I'm having a lot of fun with this sim.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: