Graviteam
May 14, 2024, 04:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie lost with mod installation  (Read 6913 times)
Shyhawk
Oberleutnant

« on: April 17, 2011, 05:30:21 AM »

I first want to say that this game is a lot of fun. There hasn't been very many good tank simulations, but this one is the best by a long shot! But I'm lost on the installation process. I downloaded Steel Fury patch, the SP 1.5 and the SP 1.5 fix and the Kyth missions, but even after unpacking them in Steel Fury Mod file and enabling them with the Mod installer, I can't find any new missions. In the case of the Kyth missions, I did follow instructions on copying the line and saving it under the camp file. But when I start the game, there isn't any evidence of any changes whatsoever.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:44:28 AM »

OK do you enable them through your mod enabler(JSGME)?Otherwise they won´t be activated even if you added the line and installed the download into your MODS folder.

You should find them in your user missions menu in your game not in the campaign or single missions menus.The mission you enabled should appear last in your list of user made missions if you have any.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »

I downloaded Steel Fury patch, the SP 1.5 and the SP 1.5 fix and the Kyth missions, but even after unpacking them in Steel Fury Mod file and enabling them with the Mod installer, I can't find any new missions. In the case of the Kyth missions, I did follow instructions on copying the line and saving it under the camp file. But when I start the game, there isn't any evidence of any changes whatsoever.

I'm glad you mentioned it;

I've just finished drafting my fully-illustrated installation instructions  Grin

You can get a copy here:

http://www.4shared.com/document/IoKWBSA-/MissionGuide.html

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
POW
Major

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »

SP 1.5 has lot of missions and a few campaigns. Something is wrong with your installation.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

POW he may be makin g a comparison with Steel Panzer 1.4 and Beta 1.5.Not too many new missions in Beta that you can't find in SP 1.4 especially considering how many new tanks and models have been introduced.
POW
Major

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:45 PM »

There is a new campaign with the Tiger tank, a few missions with the Tiger, another mission with the King Tiger, a mission with the Panther.... probably there are more new missions related to new tanks of SP 1.5 but i can't remember them now (and all the missions of SP 1.4, i checked all the mission files from SP 1.4 and ALL of them are included in SP 1.5)

Regarding about Framerate, if you don't use the new tanks you will have the same framerate than you had with SP 1.4, since the models from SP 1.4 were not updated or changed.

It's a waste of hard drive space to have an installation of Steel Fury for SP 1.4.

However, if you use the new tanks (King Tiger, Panther, etc...) you framerate will get slowdowns, since those tanks don't have low-res lods (for long distance drawing). Don't use the new tanks and your framerate will be the same than you had with SP 1.4

Newbies should install SP 1.5 (with the patch to fix the bugs) and forget about SP 1.4.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:23:27 PM by POW » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

Sorry to co,ntradict you POW but I checked and the series of 4 missions for the Tiger I are the same I had in SP 1.4.The tiger II mission is the same one I have with the tiger 1.0 mod.Most of the single missions are the same as well.Stug III g as well.The only reason I keep SP 1.4 is not out of sentimentamlity but simply because I have lots of stuff that I made with SP 1.4 whihc is unfortunately not playable with Beta 1.5( not compatible).That being said yes I agree for newbies it does not make sense to have SP 1.4
Shyhawk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »

BINGO! Got it set up right this time! Thanks for all your help. Lost an entire weekend's opportunity to get back to the game due to my pesky girlfriend Grin
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »

Does your girlfriend wear a tanktop? If she doesn't she"s not meant for you Grin
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:18:34 PM by frinik » Logged
Shyhawk
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »

I tried to get her interested in the game (always a lost effort, though she thought Civ 5 and Dragon Age interesting). I let her drive around a Mrk IV. She ran over some friendlies and went "oops!"
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 02:36:08 AM »

Women don' t dig tanks unless they have the option of manicuring their tracks, painting their hulls pink or criticizing the camo for being out of fashion with the latest summer collection.... Their idea of a Tiger is one being designed by Dolce y Gabbana, driven by Tom Cruise and equipped with a hair curler and a portable dvd player to get the latest episode of Desperate Housewives Grin

Well war and weapons are male things what can we do? When was the last time one of us willingly went to a fashion design show without raising our eyes to the sky and desperately trying to find a way out of it....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: