Graviteam
May 04, 2024, 12:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pulling out my hair ..... 1920x1200 resolution  (Read 5998 times)
Walshy71
Oberleutnant

« on: May 07, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »

Has anyone got this game to run on a Nvidia graphics card higher than 1280x1084 with any kind of antialaising without the game getting the white washout effect coming in from the sides of the screen? It's really beginning to get on my nerves! Has graviteam abandonded support for this game as I can't seem to find patches or fixes anywhere, all any froums seem to talk about is mods and new vehicles ....... Have ploughed through every forum from this one to simhq to panzersim and all in between. Can ANYONE help me, and I'm Not computer illerate. I am losing my mind ............

My pc's specs

Windows 7 Ultimate
Asus Crosshair II Extreme motherboard
Amd Phenom 2 X4 965 running at 3.7ghz
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 with a GT 8800 for running the physics
Driver version 270.51
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

Have you tried using Nvidia Inspector with AA compatibility settings?

There's more information here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336854

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Walshy71
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »

Have you tried using Nvidia Inspector with AA compatibility settings?

There's more information here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336854

Thanks Kyth have downloaded it and can't find the Steel fury profile anywhere in the driver profile settings even though it says on the page you sent me too that there is a profile for the game?Huh? Am I missing something ..................
Walshy71
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »

Ah my bad have got it working now finally, thought I was going absolutely mad there!!! What one needs to do is edit the general profile to suit Steel Fury, thanks again Kyth for your help mate.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:49:10 AM »

Kyth I am curious! I had never heard of this Nvidia inspector.Is this something you have to download or can you find it on the Nvidia 3D control panel?Is it the counterpart of ATI tray tools? What does it do exactly? Make sure you Nvidia gpu is compatible with a particular game? Mind you I currently only play SF on 2 ATI Radeon gpus but it¨s always useful knowledge in case of future needs. Cheesy
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 04:03:49 AM »

The Nvidia Inspector is a 3rd-party application to 'tweak' the settings for game profiles.
It appears that nowadays nVidia doesn't really bother much to provide compatibility with their standard drivers.

Here's the source, as far as I can tell. I assume you don't need a translation:

http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 04:16:41 AM »

Thanks Kyth1! No I did not need a translator can read German fluently even their Germanglish Grin

Looks like a mix of ATI Tools tray and Catalyst Suite on the Nvidia side. One of the problems the 2 gaming Graphic card competitros face is an accelrate dpace of innovation, fierce competition and ever demanding gamers who want the best of everything.In the last 3 years I have seen more new gpus than in the decade before.What you buy today is already obsolete a month after Roll Eyes

Which why I don¨t spend a forttune on those top-of-the-line gpus .Just buy a decent under $ 100 gaming card and I can live with the fact that the top-of-the-line one that was worth several hundred bucks is already surpassed by yet another monster card!!!!!

Reminds me of Bleser a simmer on the subsim forum who just dumped his HD5870 for an Nvidia GTX580 so he could gain a few more fps while playing Zeewolf¨s mods.At leats that´s what he was told and rather than verify just plunked a load of money to trade one high end gpu for another one....This is what I call having more money than common sense....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: