Graviteam
May 14, 2024, 01:10:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any chance I can Play Steel Fury on a IMac when using Windows 7 bootcamp?  (Read 3472 times)
camerabuddha
Oberleutnant

« on: April 19, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »

I have Windows 7 running (Bootcamp) on my Imac for the purpose of using Quickbooks and Publisher and I tried running Steel Fury but I keep getting that darn error file when starting the sim...error code.exception code 003. anyone out there has luck and setup instructions for running on a Imac? Thanks! It's a very pwerful machine. 3.2 ghz intel Corei3/8gigram/ATI Radeo HD 5670 512MBVRam. I have a feeling PC games don't like the Mac hardware///
John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »

Yes you're not the first one to complain that with a Mac laptop or pc they can't play games.It's got to do with the OS that Mac uses.Most games are designed with Microsoft Windows in mind.I know those with Linux type systems have no problems.You might have to install a dual OS .If you can find an old copy of XP that might solve your problem. Or else contact Apple's technical online service.They could suggest solutions.
Walshy71
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »

I would suggest installing Wine for linux, as linux and unix systems share a lot in common it should be a better solution than Bootcamp. I've used it on my wife's Ibook to run games for windows and on my linux box as well. Just run it in OS-X and away you go ..............
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: