Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 03:32:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Israeli Defense Force Mod Version 1.75 (1.76 patch released)  (Read 128498 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »

Took me 3 months of hell getting m2hb to work correctly.  F5 is nearly complete.  These are alot less complex than an AFV and my playable m113 is stalled.  Had to go learn more in order to get it in game.

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2012, 02:04:47 AM »

I would put more time into it, but I went from finishing up highschool finals (graduated by 2 points Grin ), to graduation, acing the ASVAB, and then going to MEPs, twice. (Doctors -_____________________________________- ) I've been extremely busy Sad

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »

Which MEPS?  I HATE those sob's.  Oakland CA.........the worst of the 2 I have been too.  Seattle's was not to horrible.  What service / job you after?

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2012, 02:31:12 AM »

Fort Meade, MD. USMC reserves, driving LAV-25's while I get my associates degree Smiley Then, hopefully, on to the bigger stuff

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2012, 12:20:16 AM »

So how do you guys like it? The latest version doesn't seem to be as popular for some reason.

Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2012, 12:54:51 AM »

I'm kind of holding off on installing any new mods until after the next patch (although I have your IDF Mod 1.75 d/l'ed and ready). I want to see if the turret malfunction in the M60 get addressed because it's a real PITA even with the stock Iran/Iraq campaign.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »

I agree!

Dont worry same has happened to me.  Major drop in DL's.  Patch sometime (probably over a month away)......APOS patch and DLC's released.  Its a punch in the face but I hope after next patch........

Just taking the time to try and add more features..............  Worst case senario....I have an uber mod for myself Tongue.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:06:32 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »

The M60's "Head Drive" is the Cannon mount. If you take a shot to the Gunners' controls or the gun itself, it becomes useless, as it should. (100mm Shells do mean things to soft spots)

I'm glad I'm not the only one without a whole lot of downloads. I was really kind've disappointed at first; kind've like a "what the hell!? I worked my ass off Sad " feeling. It's gone up to 42 so far, and I have no clue why people are still downloading 1.5.

At some point I'll get to adding those markings. Maybe next week or so

As for Meps, OH MY GOD. I've never had more contempt for one group of people in my life -_______-. I ended up staying a grand total of 5 days there; 2 to take the ASVAB and get a physical (they stuck me with those god damn needles THREE times.), and 3 to go back and get Depp'd in.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:04:14 PM by whukid » Logged

TacKLed
Oberleutnant

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:39 AM »

The M60's "Head Drive" is the Cannon mount. If you take a shot to the Gunners' controls or the gun itself, it becomes useless, as it should. (100mm Shells do mean things to soft spots)

I'm glad I'm not the only one without a whole lot of downloads. I was really kind've disappointed at first; kind've like a "what the hell!? I worked my ass off Sad " feeling. It's gone up to 42 so far, and I have no clue why people are still downloading 1.5.

As for Meps, OH MY GOD. I've never had more contempt for one group of people in my life -_______-. I ended up staying a grand total of 5 days there; 2 to take the ASVAB and get a physical (they stuck me with those god damn needles THREE times.), and 3 to go back and get Depp'd in.

I had bad experiences with DODMERB, which I take is similar to MEPS, and whatnot but I got through. They usually want to find things that are wrong with you so that the government wont have to pay for you if you find out you have something while in the military. It sucks but I got everything out. I leave for West Point in 17 days.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »

You got linked on other sights somewhere out in internet land.  I still get downloads for stuff I removed links for 4 months ago.   Undecided

Well it only goes down hill from there Cry  Ok.....gets ALOT better later.  Grin  When do you ship out for manditory brain washing?   Tongue   

I had bad experiences with DODMERB, which I take is similar to MEPS, and whatnot but I got through. They usually want to find things that are wrong with you so that the government wont have to pay for you if you find out you have something while in the military. It sucks but I got everything out. I leave for West Point in 17 days.

Pls don't become another I know everything 2nd Lt.  They like to say your special alot.  Its suppose to be a confidence builder thing for officer types, but often leads to lots of issues with NCO's attempting to bring their newbie Lt. back to earth. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2012, 03:01:34 AM »

Whukid..

On the israeli mod deal........obviously going to be put on pause for a number of months as you start your for kind a country deal.  That happens when?  But I'll be starting a moded/custom maps soon.  I think I understand 80 percent of what is behind these.  If you could post maps and sat images of area of battle area..........maybe I could attempt to whip up something.   Tongue  No promises on that.......HUGE undertaking.  Makes vehicles look super easy. 

Yabba dabba do
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »

I comment on this headdrive problem in another post.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10364.0

It's not the result from any kind of enemy fire direct or indirect whatsoever, it just happens for no reason and from what I can tell only with the M60. I think it's a game bug but since only one person besides myself has reported having this issue also it's hard to say. I really wish there was more feedback from SABoW players who use the M60 to see if it's widespread and if it is a game bug see if andrey12345 can fix it in the next patch. I have some free time this weekend so I'm going to do a 2nd install of SABoW on my HD and only patch up to the Jan Mod and see if the problem is there or if it started with the March Mod.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2012, 02:15:25 AM »

Wow! congrats on leaving for Westpoint! My highschool grades sucked bad (I passed by a point and a half) so I'm getting my AA degree at a Community College and going Reserves for the time being so I can get that all done. Then it's off to Active Duty to play with Tanks while using the GI bill to get my Bachelors, and then I'll become an officer and fly helicopters.

That's my wish anyway Smiley

Whukid..

On the israeli mod deal........obviously going to be put on pause for a number of months as you start your for kind a country deal.  That happens when?  But I'll be starting a moded/custom maps soon.  I think I understand 80 percent of what is behind these.  If you could post maps and sat images of area of battle area..........maybe I could attempt to whip up something.   Tongue  No promises on that.......HUGE undertaking.  Makes vehicles look super easy. 

I leave in January Tongue I'm taking a break because I need one Smiley I'll try and see what I can do about the maps of battle zones. I recommend using Google Earth, but that's just me Tongue They'll be up soon.

I need your opinion on the Importing vehicles thing; I don't have any clue how to do 3D stuff, and yl9961027 was in charge of making them. In your opinion, would it just be easier for him to import the vehicles or for me to do all the coding and shit while he does the 3D stuff? I feel like that's the biggest killer in all this; it's really close to impossible to switch modders half way through an import process. I'm not sure though.

To Panzerfaust,

Does it happen on all your tanks? I'm in a rush at the moment and I can't really go back and read all your posts (my sincerest apologies), but it sounds like a clean install should do the trick. Unfortunately (or Fortunately, I can't figure out which), all my "Head Drive" failures come from getting whacked in the nose. I don't know the inner workings of the game well enough to pinpoint the problem Sad

Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »

Its really weird, as soon as I exit the deployment screen and go into the game within seconds I get a message a M60 is retreating (usually in my platoon). When I check that tanks damage report the gunner always reports head damage. The last time this happened I immediately went to the outside view of my M60 after deploying to see what was going on around my platoon. As luck would have it my #3 tank reported he was retreating, again I checked the tanks damage report and it was this head damage again. While I was in outside view I witnessed no explosions, like artillery fire, small arms fire, AT or ATGM or enemy tank fire (I wasn't even close to any enemy forces with my platoon). Also I did not pick up any AC on my mini map  Huh? I'm totally baffled as to what is causing this. When I tried playing from the Iraqi side none of the T-62's report this problem after the deployment phase.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »

Man it just gets weirder and weirder  Tongue
I havn't had time to do a fresh duplicate install of SABoW yet (just got a 1981 Honda GL500 Silverwing and I'm putting it back together), so as a quicky last night I deactivated my mods in SABoW so all I have is the 577 update and the unofficial March update running. Went and fired up my already in progress Iran/Iraq campaign, deployed and sure enough one of my M60's was retreating with head damage. Although this time I did noticed a yellow flashing circle over that M60 before I got the retreating message, (man this game really needs a fix to allow you to get to other units where something is happening faster  Angry ) Now I did forget to mention this yellow circle before but I didn't know if it was relevant since the head damage happened even if there was no flashing yellow circle, sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't, but the M60 head damage happens always.  So just for sh*ts and giggles I deleted my profile and made a new one, figured why not since I was getting no where in the current campaign with this problem  Angry Played 4 missions in a restarted Iran/Iraq campaign with my new profile and no M60's have retreated after the deployment phase with head damage  Huh? So I really don't know what to make of this. I hope to play several more missions tonight to see if this problem rears it's ugly head again.

I really hope it doesn't because if it does I'm pretty much finished with SABoW unless I can figure out whats causing this. I pretty much purchased SABoW because of the playable M60 (really wish the Chieftein was playable too). So if the M60 is broken and being I have little interest in the T-62 which is 75% of this sim btw then whats the point. As much as I am a supporter of Graviteam and their products I'm a little disappointed with SABoW and it's heavy slant towards the T-62 as I thought this sim was suppose to feature the M60 and the T-62 equally, they really just should have called it Steel Armor: T-62  Undecided Sorry for the rant.....just really frustrated  Sad
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »

Hopefully we'll make some breakthroughs in playable tanks here within the next few months Smiley

Are you starting a New Campaign? or is it at a random turn in the middle of it? Damage carries over from previous engagements, just so you know.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »

Hopefully we'll make some breakthroughs in playable tanks here within the next few months Smiley

Are you starting a New Campaign? or is it at a random turn in the middle of it? Damage carries over from previous engagements, just so you know.

Personally speaking I am planning on break thru playable vics in the next few weeks.   Tongue - a decent interior....it will be poop.  Well for my little test car thingie anyways. 

Yabba dabba do
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:37 AM »

Hi whukid,

Man that would make my year having some more western armor playable in SABoW. I have nothing personal against the T-62 but for petes sake every campaign gives you the option to man a T-62 while the M60 is only playable in only one campaign? If Graviteam would have at least made the Chieftein/Oliphant playable you would have the choice of using the Chieftein or the M60 in the Iran/Iraq campaign and the Chieftein/Oliphant in the Angola campaign rather then having your choice of a T-62's or..... a T-62's  Roll Eyes . It's why I haven't even bothered played the Angola campaign.

Yes I did know that damage is carried over from one engagement to the next and the damaged vehicle has to move next to a repair unit (if mobile) for a certain amount of turns (1-3?) before damage was repaired. It's one of the things I like about SABoW, no magical fixes between engagements. So knowing this the the only units I deployed into combat were either fresh or undamaged, damaged vehicles are pulled and sent to the rear for repair. Because SABoW has no way (that I know of) to jump directly to a platoon or unit under attack it was a crap shoot trying to figure out what was happening with this head damage. I did get lucky that one time (talked about earlier) and seen that there was no enemy fire causing this damage, it just happened.
Cheers
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2012, 02:36:34 AM »

Personally speaking I am planning on break thru playable vics in the next few weeks.   Tongue - a decent interior....it will be poop.  Well for my little test car thingie anyways. 

Hi FB,
Yep been following your little test car with great interest  Wink
Cheers
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »

I hit a wall today on the insignia's. I'm not quite sure why, but I get a 001 CTD at 46% everytime I attempt to load a mission

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: