Graviteam
May 09, 2024, 04:09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elephant?  (Read 12166 times)
POW
Major

« on: March 31, 2011, 06:06:25 PM »

Is the elephant tank available in Seel Panter Mod 1.5 Huh? Any missions for it ??

BTW, i just discovered this sim and it's awesome !!! Best tank sim ever !!!
norm
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »

it is in game, but I don't know if it is drivable. You see them in the kursk missions (their a mod, I will see if I can find them for you.)
norm
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »

here it is!
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=517.0
POW
Major

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »

Thanks! I downloaded the campaing. I've played one mission (t-34) and it was good. Lot of tank busting !
norm
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 06:51:57 PM »

I for get which russki SPG is in the mission, but it is impossible to survive unless you run!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »

Hi POW,

Any luck shooting those Elephants?

Cheesy

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:20:08 AM »

It's the SU122 .Big gun similar to the JS-2's  but slow reload rate and limited amount of shells.The trick is to shoot its tracks off.Once immobilised the big Russki SUs( whether the 122 or the 152) are dead meat.Likewise with the Jagdpanther or Stugs; they just can't afford to lose their mobility because their guns have a very limited traverse.
POW
Major

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »

Yeah... I saw the SU-122. But it was on my side (i must try a mission with it) I think the elephant has not been added to the SPM 1.5.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »

On the contrary, those Elephants are definitely there, they're not pink either  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »

I can definitely confirm POW that the Elefant/Ferdinand is in SP 1.5 but there's no mission yet ,made for it.On the other hand it's in the Mission Editor as a playable vehicle. See for yourself.Just open your Mission Editor, click on create a mission, select a map for your test mission, give your mission a name and then click on the editor tab on the lower right corner of your ME window,Once you get to the open map there's a list of options on the right hand side; outlines,weather, divisions, scripts, triggers etc.Just clcik on the division option and a list of all the available guns, infantry units, apcs, tanks , trucks and spgs available will appear.You'll find the Ferdinand in the Werhmacht self propelled artillery.
POW
Major

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:30 AM »

Yes  Grin Grin

Screenshot from Prokhorovka campaign (i was driving a tiger and this elephant was a part of my company)

But there are no missions for it.... i tried the editor but it's complicated to make something
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »

POW the editor ain't as complicated as people make it out to be.You want to play the Elefant in Rends mission?

Simple.

1) Open your ME to create mission.The small editor window  appears on your screen.

2) Click on the editor tab lower right side of thta window.

3)The ME opens and shows you all kind of misison menus; rkka6, 7 etc user, Just move the slider up and down until you find Rends 1,2,3,4,5,6.

4) just pick one of his German Kursk missions and click on it.The ME will move to thta mission and open the Kursk map.

5) once you at the mission click on the divisions tab upper right side of the map.

6)you'll see all the vehicles, tanks, infantry guns etc being used in the misison listed in numerical order.

7) the player tank is greyed out.Let's say it's the TIger or Panther and you want to play the Elefant(called Ferdinand in the game).Just go down the list until you find it.To make it the player's tank you highlight it and go down the page until you see a small yellow hand.Click on it and the Ferdinand will be greyed-out as it becomes the new player tank.

8) just save the change( upper left side of the map) exit the editor and start the game/

If you've done it correctly the Elefant should be your new player's vehicle.
POW
Major

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »

I tried but i am dumb cause i can't find the yellow hand to select a division as player tank. Where is it? In which tab? Divisions? Contours?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »

In none of the above it is at the bottom (lower right)of that rectangular fringe or margin (for lack of a better name) that contains all the tabs(outlines, weather, divisions scripts etc).It may be that you have to pull or drag that fringe upwards with your mouse because it tends to be longer than what your screen can show.Pull it up and you'll see a variety of sliders for horizon, fog, haze, humidity etc all the way down.

Be persistent and you'll see it!
POW
Major

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »

YEAH !  Grin It was hidding!!

Thanks for the support !! BTW, the Elephant/Ferdinand is a BEAST!!!
But i found a problem.. i killed them all (see the smoke coming from the t-34s) but the mission didn't finished

PD: I play without shadows cause i'm using a 2,4 Ghz single core.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:53:00 PM by POW » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 05:14:04 PM »

Happy for you POW! Great pics!

How many did you kill?

If you like beasts try the Jagdpanther, same gun but more mobile than the Elefant and tougher even.
norm
Oberst

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 01:51:10 AM »

POW the editor ain't as complicated as people make it out to be.You want to play the Elefant in Rends mission?

Simple.

1) Open your ME to create mission.The small editor window  appears on your screen.

2) Click on the editor tab lower right side of thta window.

3)The ME opens and shows you all kind of misison menus; rkka6, 7 etc user, Just move the slider up and down until you find Rends 1,2,3,4,5,6.

4) just pick one of his German Kursk missions and click on it.The ME will move to thta mission and open the Kursk map.

5) once you at the mission click on the divisions tab upper right side of the map.

6)you'll see all the vehicles, tanks, infantry guns etc being used in the misison listed in numerical order.

7) the player tank is greyed out.Let's say it's the TIger or Panther and you want to play the Elefant(called Ferdinand in the game).Just go down the list until you find it.To make it the player's tank you highlight it and go down the page until you see a small yellow hand.Click on it and the Ferdinand will be greyed-out as it becomes the new player tank.

8) just save the change( upper left side of the map) exit the editor and start the game/

If you've done it correctly the Elefant should be your new player's vehicle.
I can't find the rends missions in the list. I dropped the Rends_Prokhorovka_Version1 folder in the mods folder, do I need to install it differently?
norm
Oberst

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 02:26:13 AM »

no, wait, got it, never mind.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 02:27:02 AM »

Rends missions are in a folder of their own.Open the ME and look through the various categories rkka 6,7,8 wer 1,2,3,4 , single, user anect .You"ll see a separate category called rends.At least that's the way they are in my ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: