Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 07:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Both worlds  (Read 8556 times)
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« on: January 22, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »

After having played around with SABOW (and more with APOS), I can hardly understand, why APOS was not the basis for a tank simulator, but a new region was chosen.
For me the "feeling" coming with the SABOW scenarios is far inferior to APOS. (...the infantry is totally dull, in the tank, tagets are indicated by the dots, which I cannot see in "reality" from gunner or comander position; the landscape is boring and poor of details).
Steel fury has given driveable tanks and APOS has given a detailed and interessting landscape and a good operational overlay.
So everything is there. With an addition of a few more tanks on the simulator side and some finetuning of APOS a combination of both concepts would create a game without comparison.
The only really missing thing is advertisement. See the Battlefront or Matrix forums and you know what I mean.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »

Dont mean jump all over you but turn the "dots" off.  Hmmm infantry seems pretty much the same to me.  Do you mean models/textures?  Ya the landscapes for sabow are not as good as apos.  But i don't know, i really like the Angola one, and the afgan one is pretty good now that Ive really dove into it.  Don't care for the Iran/Iraq one.  Just doesnt look right to me.  On a map, ya the area can look flat, but its not.  Remember flying out of Iraq and it looked like an ocean waves of sand/rock from the air.  Still can't beleave that place was like the cradle of civilization.  Talk about your society taking a gaint dump, but eh Europe had the dark ages.  Ok went off topic.   Grin  Like em both for different reasons.  Sabow on how armor works from end off ww2 to mid 70's is dead on.  Still has some bugs but its getting there.

Then theres that h39t thing..............maybe.

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »

After having played around with SABOW (and more with APOS), I can hardly understand, why APOS was not the basis for a tank simulator, but a new region was chosen.

Already have an SF with the same places. Why do I need one more of the same?

the landscape is boring and poor of details).

We reproduce according to the landscape as it is in reality. Do not specially beautiful or not beautiful places  Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »

Obviously you are not that excited about the idea...  Wink
Then forget it, it was only the first idea, which I had at once, when I saw
the improvements in APOS and remembered the strength of the Steel Fury game.

And come on, the infantry in SABOW is as intelligent as a stone. The overall "feeling" (for me) is just not the right one.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »

Already have an SF with the same places. Why do I need one more of the same?

I would also love to get a tank simulator based on APOS. The quality of everything has been noticeably increased in APOS when compared to Steel Fury. The reason to get a tank simulator based on APOS (when we already have SF) is the same that to have APOS when we already have APK43... Don't you think so?

Andrey, please, consider it... It seems that the development cost wouldn't be so high and I am sure that a lot of us would enjoy it a lot !!  Smiley

Txema
Meteor2
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »

Thanks Txema.

...totally in line.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:54:35 PM »

Oh ya apos terrain with ww2 tank sim, ya I would buy that.   Grin  But it seems to me that adding that to the H39t project (if happens) make more sence.   Grin  Just saying.

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

I would also love to get a tank simulator based on APOS. The quality of everything has been noticeably increased in APOS when compared to Steel Fury. The reason to get a tank simulator based on APOS (when we already have SF) is the same that to have APOS when we already have APK43... Don't you think so?
APK43 and APOS are our own projects we make them as we want. And I can say that with high probability there will be several DLC and add-on with code name H39T.

SF, SABOW its not our own projects. We can only offer suggestions, the publisher picks out what it likes. That it chose to modern setting to SABOW. At another time may choose Sim from APOS. There are no miracles  Grin

We ourselves make the simulator is very expensive.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 12:34:11 AM »

I would also love to get a tank simulator based on APOS.
And me also Wink

Provocative signature removed
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »

And me

Danielefc
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »

And me Wink
benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

I would like to see it done as well- but not at the expense of more "Achtung Panzer" series titles set during the Axis/Soviet war. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: