Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 07:36:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ME Crew out of tank  (Read 7958 times)
KurtTank
Major

« on: February 29, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »

Just wondering as I'm setting up a tank park in a village if the crews can be outside the tanks, and the engines, or at least most of them, turned off...

My idea is to ambush the tank park, and it would seem logical that most would be very unprepared to fight immediately...now, of course, the tanks are all running with crews inside and my ambush turns out badly....doen't seem realistic.
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »

No.

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »

The only time the crews can be outside their tank in the game is when their tank is hit too badly so they'll bail out and huddle on the ground until they finally and unwisely decide to run into enemy gun fire or when their tank catch fire and they start running as human torches.However you can create a script with a triger ror time delay which means the crews will not react to an attack until the time trigger kicks in.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:18:28 AM »

You might want to try setting the enemy morale level very low, say around zero percent, if you're aiming for the 'headless chicken' effect.  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
KurtTank
Major

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »

Thanks again. The initial shock of a tank attack on a tank park should be interesting with the parameters you gave me...
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »

Thanks again. The initial shock of a tank attack on a tank park should be interesting with the parameters you gave me...

But how realistic is such a scenario?
If you park your tank platoon and turn engines off it´s very quiet so you can hear a single tank moving even if it´s some kilometers away not to mention when there are a couple of them in the area.
Turning of engines to check the area around you was common when dark or foggy if i´m right.

norm
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 02:28:53 AM »

But how realistic is such a scenario?
If you park your tank platoon and turn engines off it´s very quiet so you can hear a single tank moving even if it´s some kilometers away not to mention when there are a couple of them in the area.
Turning of engines to check the area around you was common when dark or foggy if i´m right.
There is a scene from Tali Ihantala where this happens...
Rends
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »

There is a scene from Tali Ihantala where this happens...
Aeh from what?

tigershuffle
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »

referred to above.... Russian tankers ambushed during v early hours ....when there is only a few hours of nightfall midsummer

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »

referred to above.... Russian tankers ambushed during v early hours
Did I understand properly that er scenario based on the movie? If so, it's interesting, coz I also prefer fantastic missions, i.e. as in movie: stug IIIF against KV-1e, T-34-85.

ps
There's a similar mission "Hold on Kovalkovo", included in mission pack 1.0c
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:09:47 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »

Tigershuffle aren't you a player in the World of Tanks or is TvsT???Your name or rather your handle rings a bell?I have seen it on other fora.
tigershuffle
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »

yeah......one and the same.....its nice to have unique? tag

anything wi Tanks or planes youll find me there Smiley ...but im a wishywashy treehuggin hippy at heart ..honest  Wink

been gaming since i bought a Spectrum48k with my paper round money, then played lots of M1 Tank Platoon and all things Microprose on my amiga

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »

If you're tree hugger then you are definitely playing TvsT Grin

Nothing odd in this world.After all I know Skybird -  a nice guy who's totally nuts about Steel Beasts - who confessed more than once that he does not like tanks and feels no affinity for them?Huh??

For all I know Mother Teresa may have been a rabid Il-2 fan 8)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: