Graviteam
May 03, 2024, 01:42:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: March 2013 update (news and discussion)  (Read 199475 times)
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »

Question: what does the polygon update provide? What wil we notice?

In "Graviteam-esque" so to speak  Grin , "Polygons" are updates to the 3D models of the terrain maps. Not sure if it also might include updated models of tanks, personell etc.
fmj
Oberleutnant

« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »

Again I say a 200 page manual would be lovely and many wargamers would love it

So quit your whining and do it yourself. As far as I'm concerned, Gravi has done an amazing job of supporting and continuing to develop Op Star over the past year plus. You sound like an unappreciative brat. The game is constantly morphing, growing and adapting. It's an adventure to be explored with each new patch/update. If you really need your hand to be held on every point then I think you're missing the big picture.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »

Again I say a 200 page manual would be lovely and many wargamers would love it

So quit your whining and do it yourself. As far as I'm concerned, Gravi has done an amazing job of supporting and continuing to develop Op Star over the past year plus. You sound like an unappreciative brat. The game is constantly morphing, growing and adapting. It's an adventure to be explored with each new patch/update. If you really need your hand to be held on every point then I think you're missing the big picture.

I quite disagree with your point of view and attitude fmj.  There is no need to become abusive towards someone expressing a wish to see the game improved.  To characterise that as whining seems a bit impatient and short sighted.  I agree with wodin that a updated manual in correct English would improve the game.  I don't see how that can be denied.  The only arguments that have been mustered against an updated manual are the lack of resources and the lack of time.  Both may explain why there won't be a manual but they don't mean that a manual would not improve the game.  The ingame help, despite Andrey's claims, is inadequate. To point these things out does not make someone a whiner anymore than uncritical acceptance of game short comings makes someone an unregernate fanboi.  To claim that wishing to have complete documentation about game features is hand holding is ridiculous.

Bring back 3D markers!
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »

For what its worth, i'll have my two pence worth.
I think a manual is abit of a daft idea, it would take so long to write it. By the time you have finished, it would be ready for the next update.
You just couldnt read it quick enough before the next DLC.
So pretty pointless!
I have to say the in game help/tutorial would certainly benifit from an English speakers touch. I do find myself trying to decipher the language sometimes, and somethings seem to be missing altogether.
I think the biggest problem here is Andrey and his merry men have gone into such detail in the game, its abit over kill and takes so long to learn.
Thats not in anyway a critisism, just an observation.
Everybody has their valid points
I personally think the game could do with a few more user options when it comes to realism. But then again its great as it is.
At the end of the day its Andreys and Graviteams baby, so its theirs to do with as they please.
We as the paying customers can only give our suggestions as to which direction we feel the game should head in, but thats all they are suggestions.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:08:41 PM by Schuck » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »

I'm mystified about how updating a pdf file or online manual would take any longer than updating the in game help system.  I suspect a written document that exactly duplicates what is available in the in game help would show the paucity of information that is contained there. 

I think the main concern of the "manual crowd" is not that there is not a "manual" available but that there is no good, complete, concise, searchable repository about the details and features of the game.  Call it whatever one wishes.  Sorry Andrey, the in game help system does not do it yet.

I'm sure I could read any manual in the 3 months between patches.

I do agree that the will to make a very detailed program is not matched by the desire to document it for the users.

Bring back 3D markers!
budd
Major

« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2013, 12:17:17 AM »

I agree that a manual is probably not a good idea since the game changes and improves so much over time. I'll i'm asking for and i believe most everyone else too, is that the new changes and how to use the features and what things mean be explained better. The in game help is fine for the basics but lacking in details, i'm having a hard time seeing the objection to this.
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »

some kind of gravitactic-pedia would be fine, with constand updates..
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #307 on: March 26, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »

Small bug-fix
http://files.mail.ru/2F3B3515F0D540A5B75AE3B4803E5741

if the game hangs on combat loading in operations.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2013, 11:58:50 PM »

High resolution textures DLC have been updated.

A new textures added:

- KV-1 mod. 1942 (UZTM).
- PzJager I
- 52-K AA gun
- Mk III Valentine

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
marseu
Oberleutnant

« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »

Hi to all.

I see you added trucks to squads, but what is they'r use? Is it possible to embark infantry on it? They give some benefit to the squads that are attached in?

I have seen some screenshot of infantry sitted on a tank, how to do that?

thanks
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2013, 01:44:29 AM »

To get infantry riding on a tank, select both a tank and an infantry squad and press the "get in" button. If the tank has enough space then the entire squad will be able to ride on.

Trucks are mostly used by suppy and repair units. Haven't seen them used for infantry transport (though that is possible to do manually).
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »

Some changes in March13 patch coming soon
93) Fixed hangs in some cases when battle in the operation is loading.
94) The algorithm of selecting units in the platoon at the start of the operation and at the change of broken squads (for AI).
95) The error of targeting at shooting throught a broken sights is reduced.
96) Fixed bug with incorrect update for highlighting platoons that engaged in combat when the rapid movement of the cursor from one battle point to another.
97) The recognition speed of the enemies for open located soldiers (not in vehicles) is increased.
98) The base point for the calculation of the platoons that are involved in combat is shifted towards the attacker.
99) English text for ingame helper is improved.
100) Fixed various minor bugs.
101) Fixed bug with fire-tails on C-5 rockets.
102) Fixed a bug with the ability to set the shelling range outside the active area of the battle.
103) Fixed a bug with the spontaneous changes of squad places in deploy phase in some cases.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2013, 04:59:17 AM »

One of the bush plants or shrubs in the gullies don't look right with the new patch.I only noticed it on the Volokonovka map.It looked fine before the patch but when adding the March patch it looks wrong.

Instead of a bush or shrub it looks like a bundle of green sticks.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2013, 05:47:09 AM »

One of the bush plants or shrubs in the gullies don't look right with the new patch.I only noticed it on the Volokonovka map.It looked fine before the patch but when adding the March patch it looks wrong.

Instead of a bush or shrub it looks like a bundle of green sticks.
Please add screenshot.

Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #314 on: April 02, 2013, 02:36:36 AM »

This one I guess.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »

Yes in new update

Is better suitable than previous version to be something like this
http://baburka.zp.ua/encyclopedia/0606_44.jpg

chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »

Just discovered the current core update file
gtos_cu_581_eng.exe
updates to (2138) I really wish GT would add the (####)s  to make it clear what is posted & it might save some bandwidth on unnecessary downloads...
Please add some more numbers GT!   Tongue

I like the reeds btw.  Smiley
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »

Just discovered the current core update file
gtos_cu_581_eng.exe
updates to (2138) I really wish GT would add the (####)s  to make it clear what is posted & it might save some bandwidth on unnecessary downloads...
Please add some more numbers GT!   Tongue

I like the reeds btw.  Smiley

I second that chaska.  How difficult could it be to do what you've suggested?

Bring back 3D markers!
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »

Yup, reeds are good Cheesy

I like sunflowers, good bit in the Stug III crew handbook about Sunflower fields and visibility.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:35:18 PM by Aces » Logged

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »

A friend of mine in Detroit use to live next door to an old Ukrainian couple,and they had a bunch of sunflower plants in their back yard along with a yellow painted garage.That had to be the brightest yard I've ever seen,even on cloudy days.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: