Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 09:42:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attn Panzerfaust Ambient sounds  (Read 4867 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: May 18, 2011, 04:48:39 AM »

Hi Panzerfaust!

I found the solution to your question about the ambinet sounds.Just open your sounds file and you'll find the ambient sounds wave files.There are 7 ambient sound files depending on the time of day you are playing or set in the ME.Ther's a couple with crickets and birds singing.You can just edit them or simply suppress/delete them if you feel like it.

Here's the path to these files:

F:\official 1.5 sept\official SF 1.5 sept\data\k42\loc_rus\sounds\ambient

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:12:04 AM »

Good advice for everyone, if birdsong does not get you in a chirpy mood,  Shocked

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »

You can just edit them or simply suppress/delete them if you feel like it.
It doesn't help, 'cause if u simply delete one file, the game'll take exactly the same from archive. There's only one way - edit the content of sound file(put in silence).

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »

if u simply delete one file, the game'll take exactly the same from archive. There's only one way - edit the content of sound file(put in silence

Makes sense!Then you can call the game the "Sounds of Silence" Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:26 AM »

if u simply delete one file, the game'll take exactly the same from archive. There's only one way - edit the content of sound file(put in silence

Makes sense!Then you can call the game the "Sounds of Silence" Grin

But... The chirping kind of calms us down...

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »

Yes between bursts of gunfire and the moaning and whimpering of dying men I find it quite soothing....
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 01:30:28 AM »

frinik thats for your efforts I do appreciate it  Smiley

Now please let me be clear about this to the others who have replied (not you frinik as I think you understand exactly what I'm talking about).
All I was wondering is it possible to control via a trigger WHEN the tracks start/stop playing? The ambient sound in SFK42 are fantastic and add to the immersion 100 fold, but somewhat lose that immersion when the lead starts to fly. Okay guys I'll drop this, like I said it was just a suggestion and in no way changes my view about SFK42 (IMHO the BEST WW2 tank simulation of all time). I know many are more inclined to see new armor and I have no complaints about that whatsoever.
Maybe it's because I'm a model builder and as such it's always the small insignificant details that draws my attention more then most other things  Wink .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: