Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 07:00:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Early 1943 mod skins [ Completed ]  (Read 46813 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 11:53:50 PM »

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=76030&page=15.

The Russian community seems interested in your work,but are a little confused it seems with your choice of color scheme and shading(gloss and surface roughness map) effects.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:55:26 PM by dane49 » Logged
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 12:19:33 AM »

Lol. I thought the guy who called it garbage was hilarious Tongue

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 12:22:18 AM »

Don't pay attention to him,He is always argueing with Andrey about something or other every day on that forum.

Besides they are under the impression that you are simulating colors for 1942(Fall Blau) not early 43.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:30:46 AM by dane49 » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »

Great that someone is doing new skins\colour scheme..but I'm not sure I like the patchy ones...not sure I've ever seen this Camo before, is it  a historical colour scheme?
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 03:10:14 PM »

Yep. The Germans used a two tone green-on-yellow scheme during Kursk. During the first few months of 1943, Hitler ordered the yellow coloring of all his tanks. The crews then took green paint and made adjustments themselves Smiley

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 01:08:43 AM »

I have seen the yellow and green scheme but the stripes are around equal thickness. I also think the green should be abit more subdued..just a thought.
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 06:49:57 PM »

I have seen the yellow and green scheme but the stripes are around equal thickness. I also think the green should be abit more subdued..just a thought.

well, the green was given to the crews in paint buckets, so the schemes differed. These are only the preliminary schemes Smiley

Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

in the field, dust was an extra filter on the paint  Wink
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 05:08:55 AM »

Updated

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 05:19:06 AM »

They're progressing very nicely.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »

Looking great..looks good with abit more green on..
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

Scout platoon vehicles and Stug's completed Smiley

Some in battle shots

I'm growing more annoyed every time I play, unfortunately. The AI is unbearably stupid, for some reason. The Tankers in SABOW are far better at keeping enemy tanks at bay for some reason; even the BMP's with their 73mm's have teeth if you get too close.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »

I do think the path issues where tanks and vehicles fall into trenches needs sorting out urgently..it's th eonly major issue I have with the game..I lose more tanks falling into a trench than by the enemy..
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »

I find that it's impossible to do anything but slowly creep forward under the watchful eye of tanks or SPG's. Any armored charges turn into retarded melee's, the tankers ignoring enemy armor and charging forward while the enemy wreaks havoc with any following infantry. It's like they deliberately avoid eachother in some cases.

wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »

I have to use excessive amounts of priority targeting with armour..again something that needs looking at..though I have a feeling it's down to the armour  having restrictive LOS so they may not see the unit..also I think if you give an attack order to a tank unit it should move only as close as effective range rather than try and get toe to toe which doesn't feel realistic..Tanks would get with in effective range then stop and shoot..now they just carry on until they are next to each other..I instead of an attack order give a defend order some distance away from the enemy tanks so they will shoot at a decent range
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »

instead of an attack order give a defend order some distance away from the enemy tanks so they will shoot at a decent range

I do the same thing.I very rarely give the attack or assault order because my units will rush pell mell into the defenses without out firing and maneuvering onto the objective.

If I want to assault an objective I issue the defend order to the units I want to attack and click on the objective,this way my units at least make an attempt at stopping occasionally to lay down suppresive fire while others advance against the designated objective.

Still,some of the close assault combat looks ridiculous when opposing units close to within grenade range of each other.Tank combat isn't any prettier at the close ranges either.

I try not to zoom the camera in to look at the close combat fighting because it spoils the game for me observing some of these insane melees where the combatants seem to be stumbling around like shell shocked zombies wearing horse blinders.

Another thing I do for the QBs is set the parameter settings for minimal casualties,it helps somewhat to keep the enemy AI from launching suicidal assaults over open terrain,I also set the battles to 3 hours so the AI at least trys to organize some form of plan and not rush all out piece meal to their early demise.

The AI does a pretty good  job on the defense,but on the attack they are horrible,if I want the AI to attack in a QB I find that I have to give them a 3-1 advantage ratio or set my defending units to low morale and/or low ammo settings to give the AI some chance of success and credibility.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:08:50 PM by Dane49 » Logged
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

3 hours!! I do 1 hour..but thats in a campaign game as you don't want the game to go on for so long that every combat ends up with a total defeat for one die or the other...
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »

Even when I set the QBs for 3 hours my battles rarely last more than 45 mins or so before the issue is decided.Alot depends on where you initially set the units up before the battle begins.If I set them up at total oppisite ends of the 3x3  Battle grid it could take longer before the actual fighting begins.I do this occasionally if I want both sides to conduct meeting engagement recon battles.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »

instead of an attack order give a defend order some distance away from the enemy tanks so they will shoot at a decent range

I do the same thing.I very rarely give the attack or assault order because my units will rush pell mell into the defenses without out firing and maneuvering onto the objective.

If I want to assault an objective I issue the defend order to the units I want to attack and click on the objective,this way my units at least make an attempt at stopping occasionally to lay down suppresive fire while others advance against the designated objective.

As far as I have understood order ''defend' does not differ during the actual movement from orders ''move'' or ''march' (with free formation modifier). Defend order makes units move without formation to the destination - and once there they take defensive positions to the spesified direction.

When advancing fast with tanks they tend to miss a lot of targets just because - as mentioned - their LOS is limited. If they can see and shoot the enemy within effective range, then there is no reason to advance with tanks untill you really need to storm the position fast preferably with infantry support.

I agree that the close combat in the game can be a bit ridiculous sometimes. But I understand it's very difficult to make A.I. intelligent enough to act naturally. I find it especially funny when one soldiers runs towards an enemy soldier and the enemy soldier does not react at all until the running soldier is within melee range hitting his face with his gun or kicking his balls  Grin
Also units tend to miss a lot even within extremely close dinstances. I have no idea how realistic is that under stressful situation, however.

Oh, the skins are  looking nice, but... maybe too clean?  Smiley
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 09:45:09 PM »

Blimey,
I really do play this game abit differently to some.
I also set my Campaign time for 3 hours, but often i run out of time!! Shocked
I generally use the movement order with armour out front, they then seem to craw along but engage the enemy at longer distances.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: