Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 02:05:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch August 2013  (Read 39278 times)
WallysWorld
Hauptmann

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 07:14:21 PM »

Once I get home, I'll move the Zhalanashkol entry to the top of the other DLC's and see if that solves it.

In fact, I'll move the entries around until it matches what Krabb posted. Perhaps there should be a sticky at the top of this forum showing exactly what order the list should in with the Updater. It would make our lives simpler for this great game.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:16:37 PM by WallysWorld » Logged
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »

How do you know what the latest one is?  Is there a date on them?

Memory of when they were released / when I got them, I may have Blau & Sokolovo wrong tho, that was a while ago! Smiley
Maybe GG has release dates on everything that can be cross-checked?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »

I think the DLCs are numbered on one of the Graviteam sites(DLC 1, DLC 2,etc...)

If I recall correctly.
Sokolovo was released 1st-DLC 1
Volokonovka(Fall Blau)-DLC2
Krasnaya Polyana-DLC3
Operation Hooper-DLC4
Shield of the Prophet-DLC5
Zhalanashkol-DLC6

I'm not sure if the Hi-Res DLC was numbered,but it goes directly above all the rest anyways if it is being used.And the District update is suppose to be above the game update.

So I guess it would be Game Update at bottom with the District update above that then Sokolovo,Fall Blau,Krasnaya Polyana, etc..

Why the Hi-Res was called a DLC is beyond my comprehension,it should have been sold as a mod. because basically that's what it is.And all mods generally when being used should go directly on top.
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »

Looks like I remembered the order OK then....

Dunno about HiRes as Mod vs DLC, other companies do call their skins packs DLC (eg - Total War series)- so from a marketing point of view it's in the right category.  Technically it is both a mod & DLC , either way I have enjoyed having the package.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »

The thing is,before the Hi-Res texture DLC it didn't matter what order your DLCs were in and only mods had to go to the top of the order.
Now the line between DLCs,Mods and Patches are becoming even more blurry.

This game is in need of a serious distinction between these items and a well defined read me attachments that state what requirements if any need to be met and their hierarchal  order whenever you add something new to your updater.
WallysWorld
Hauptmann

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »

Okay, I shifted my entries around in the Updater to match what Krabb wrote was posted in the wiki and the missing rifle issue is now gone.

Here is what I have with the four mods I downloaded at the very top of the list:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:05:42 PM by WallysWorld » Logged
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »

OK, is that different order than the wiki I was pointed to?  Does it matter?

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications

edit...OK, nevermind...I see that  the mods in the previous post are private ones and not offcial.  SO I guess those go at the top.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:09:16 AM by thewood » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 06:29:45 AM »

http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications

edit...OK, nevermind...I see that  the mods in the previous post are private ones and not offcial.  SO I guess those go at the top.

YES... in this case.  Although probably fine below too....maybe...   

Yabba dabba do
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

I do know that the uniform mod didn't work until I put it on top.
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

As you may already know, the order specifies in which order DLC, patch and mod files overrides each other (highest priority (top on the list) = override last). The updater works like a mod manager: you don't have to manually extract, copy and paste files to install DLCs, patches or mods. Without updater installing mods would be difficult. Whether the order matters or not - difficult to say sometimes.

As I've understood, in general, you want to have
- 1st priority for mods
- 2nd priority for patch
- 3rd priority for DLCs (in which newer DLCs have a higher priority)

Now that there are many DLCs, it would be practical to have priority tagged extension files and a button in the updater that would automatically arrange the entries according to tags.

----

Also it would helpful to have an updated list of latest version numbers of all the released content.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:31:15 AM by lavish » Logged
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »

Yes but put DLCs above patches, DLCs are patched with their own patch files so they go above the base patch or else stuff in the DLC might not work.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »

Ugh, the screenshot in the wiki doesn't show the order I guess.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

Yes but put DLCs above patches, DLCs are patched with their own patch files so they go above the base patch or else stuff in the DLC might not work.
DLCs not patched with their own patch files. DLCs patched by alone game patch or updated at all if landscape or operation have been changed.
When updates, the installer usually puts them automatically in the right order. With one exception - hi-res textures pack.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »

Can someone in authority put a screenshot of all official content up...or is the wiki fixed?

Frankly, does anyone here wonder why people complain about the patching process?  Just read this thread.
WallysWorld
Hauptmann

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »

Okay, I'm confused. Should the Game Update and the District Update go at the very bottom. Then the DLC's next in their order of release and finally the Hi-Res DLC?

Like so?

1) Mods at the top
2) Hi-Res DLC
3) DLC's starting with the newest release first
4) Game Update
5) District Update
chashka17
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »

The thing is,before the Hi-Res texture DLC it didn't matter what order your DLCs were in and only mods had to go to the top of the order.
Now the line between DLCs,Mods and Patches are becoming even more blurry.

This game is in need of a serious distinction between these items and a well defined read me attachments that state what requirements if any need to be met and their hierarchal  order whenever you add something new to your updater.

OK I see your point.  I had been thinking of the order as a load order regardless of package type (e.g. edelveys says his blood mod should be last in his readme).
But reading more of this thread I am finding things are getting obscure. 
My game is working but now I think I have the order wrong!    Huh? Roll Eyes Tongue  Grin
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 03:28:37 PM »

What I found through some basic testing is the order seems to sometimes have a significant impact on how the game looks and runs.  Not a formal test...just moving a few things around.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 04:20:11 PM »

Geez... Anyone read this? http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Installing_updates_and_modifications

Put DLCs and patch and whatever exactly like on the screenshot given there. I guess it is very confusing to read info given there. Need to invent an obscure way to do things and tell everything is very complicated.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
thewood
Oberleutnant

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »

For one thing, how about making the link to the Wiki easy to find.  I didn't know it existed until you posted it above

For another thing, the confusion is around what happens when DLC is updated.  Are there no exceptions to the wiki...it seems a couple people have said there were some exceptions

And you post above "Ugh, the screenshot in the wiki doesn't show the order I guess." actually completely confused me.  I had been using the order from the wiki then saw that. and thought I was wrong.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »

Cheesy Grin

Russians are obscure and always have been.
They don't think the same way We do here in the West.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: