Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 03:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shield of the Prophet - Iranian strategy  (Read 3591 times)
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« on: May 18, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »

So, for the life of me, I can't seem to win from the Iranian side. While a good part of it is the rather dubious manner in which T-55's are out gunning my Chieftains at range, the biggest factor is fuel and ammo.

Am I missing something obvious, or do the Iranians have to fight all their battles with about 20% munitions, and with no fuel resupply until 4 turns in?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »

So, for the life of me, I can't seem to win from the Iranian side. While a good part of it is the rather dubious manner in which T-55's are out gunning my Chieftains at range, the biggest factor is fuel and ammo.

Am I missing something obvious, or do the Iranians have to fight all their battles with about 20% munitions, and with no fuel resupply until 4 turns in?

I haven't played this campaign yet.But I kind of figured the Iranians would get the short end of the stick in this DLC. Tongue
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »

Try to put your Chieftains into hull-down positions, firing at 1200+ meters range during the daytime.

At nighttime put your infantry dug-in at the keypoint and your tanks in a flanking position, so that your infantry can ambush the enemy tanks with their AT weapons.

Once the M60A1 armored brigade comes however, then you're set. Grin
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »

Is there anyway to get the Chieftains up to more than 20% of their ammo?

And what do you do when they run out of fuel?
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »

There is 1 supply truck platoon on the northern part of the operation map in reserve you can use to top up your tanks.
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 09:33:28 PM »

Does it do it automatically, or is there a way to order a resupply?
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »

Once you place it on the map (outside of the border squares) and it is within range of the platoons you want to resupply then it'll automatically resupply all platoons within its "supply range" (there's a button in the bottom bar that can show you the "supply range"--it looks like a truck). Also you should go into the platoon management screen of the platoon you want to prioritize resupply to (double click on the unit icon until you see an exclamation mark) to make sure that they get the fuel and ammo.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:42:43 PM by Tac Error » Logged
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »

Oh, okay, I thought that was for repairs and reinforcement only

Thanks for the replies, by the way!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: