Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 09:39:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few noob questions.  (Read 5133 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: April 22, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »

Hi Guys
 I've searched the forum before posting these but can't find any reference to them so here's my latest noob questions for you.

When hitting F8 to get to the map screen while my tank is in motion the map will rotate around sometimes wildly, very confusing and throwing me off balance. Bringing things back to perspective  takes precious seconds if I'm approaching the enemy or in a firefight. Is there any way to freeze the map view say always pointing North.

Also, the pause button stops the game but goes to a black screen with "PAUSE" in the center. Is this correct or is it possible to pause the game and visit the map screen and direct my units then proceed. F12 pauses the game but only long enough for a screen shot. I'd like to be able to really pause the action.

I just played one of Kyth's missions (#6 I think) and the goal was to proceed to a certain point then take a river crossing then attack a hill. I let the AI take everyone to the first way point but when I then issued orders to my unit to proceed to the river, only two tanks complied, the rest refused to budge. My two compatriots crossed the river with me, we all attacked the AT guns just at the close of the aerial bombardment and proceeded to attack the hill. Only after we'd gotten to the top did the balance of my force begin to move. What gives? This has happened before and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong if anything.

I'm the default gunner and sometimes the AI Commander is calling out enemy units very fast, like in the heat of battle. Is there any way to repeat the last sighting or command. If he's directing me to infantry at 500m at one heading then directs me to a tank that pops up only a couple hundred meters away at an opposite heading I need to make that a priority.

Love this game..well worth the wait to finally get it.

H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:03:17 AM »

Hi Hemisent,

No problem, these are good questions.

When hitting F8 to get to the map screen while my tank is in motion the map will rotate around sometimes wildly, very confusing and throwing me off balance. Bringing things back to perspective  takes precious seconds if I'm approaching the enemy or in a firefight. Is there any way to freeze the map view say always pointing North.

You'll have to disable the 'centered on player tank' option (the tank-shaped icon), otherwise the map will swing to follow your heading.

I just played one of Kyth's missions (#6 I think) and the goal was to proceed to a certain point then take a river crossing then attack a hill. I let the AI take everyone to the first way point but when I then issued orders to my unit to proceed to the river, only two tanks complied, the rest refused to budge. My two compatriots crossed the river with me, we all attacked the AT guns just at the close of the aerial bombardment and proceeded to attack the hill. Only after we'd gotten to the top did the balance of my force begin to move. What gives? This has happened before and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong if anything.

The 2 tanks are part of your platoon. Unfortunately the Panzer IV platoon doesn't take your orders.  Smiley They normally proceed when the AT position is taken out. It might be a good idea to scan the hill for any surviving AT guns, before moving across,

I'm the default gunner and sometimes the AI Commander is calling out enemy units very fast, like in the heat of battle. Is there any way to repeat the last sighting or command. If he's directing me to infantry at 500m at one heading then directs me to a tank that pops up only a couple hundred meters away at an opposite heading I need to make that a priority.

I guess practice makes perfect  Smiley Concentrate as he calls them out and at the same time, keep scanning for targets on your own. The F8 map is useful in this situation also.

Keep going! From the mission description, it sounds like you're halfway through the 10-mission campaign. Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:27:22 AM »

Hi Hemi! re your question:
Also, the pause button stops the game but goes to a black screen with "PAUSE" in the center. Is this correct or is it possible to pause the game and visit the map screen and direct my units then proceed. F12 pauses the game but only long enough for a screen shot. I'd like to be able to really pause the action.

I am afraid that 's the way the game is conceived.It freezes the screen and thus the action.As far as I know there are no other way to stop all movements.

BTW have you tried some enhancement mods like Lajcak's autumn and late autumn mods? The Panzer VIe(Tiger) enhancement pack?
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:19:32 AM »

Thanks guys for the fast reply, I appreciate it. Too bad on the pause issue but otherwise I can deal with the rest.

As for the Panzer enhancement pack-I've got it but have yet to enable it. BTW, which missions deal with the Tiger?
So far I've enabled:
patch,
SPM 1.5 plus it's fixes
gunsight damage fix
compass mod
all Kyth's missions

I have the Autumn mod along with a number of others but have yet to enable them.

Is there a way for the compass to actually show North (or degrees better yet)vs red/blue points
I come from playing Silent Hunter for years and am stuck on compass points and degrees, not colors LOL.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 05:14:38 AM »

The compass already has degrees indicated! I think it's included in the compass mod and / or SPM 1.5,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »

If you don't have it I can always email you the compass mod v2 which includes the degrees.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »

Thanks Frinik, I've got the compass mod but thought it was included in SPM 1.5 and I never enabled it. Will do so immediately.

I'm home from work early so I'm off to try not to get myself and my crew killed too quickly.

Cheers!

H

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: