Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 05:22:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Immobilized vehicles in hostile territory  (Read 5174 times)
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« on: March 30, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »

I always assumed if you have immobilized vehicles in hostile territory, you will lose them. Apparently not.

I was defending against German tanks, destroyed most of them but only damaged two Tigers (tracks). I accepted the cease fire. The next turn I was attacked at the same place, by (mostly) the same forces. During the deployment phase I could see two Tigers destroyed, in my territory. The battle started and I was attacked by those same two Tigers!! I checked the place where I saw them destroyed in previous battle, and there weren't there anymore.

Was I wrong to assume that immobilized vehicles are abandoned after the battle if they are in enemy territory? Also, I find it strange they were repaired and ready for battle the very next turn...
JamesX
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »

Yes, I've seen my own immobilised tanks end up in the enemy zone at the end of the battle. I assumed they would be captured but they were not.  What would be good is if you & the enemy could capture each others immobilised afv's that end up in their territory - they could then be placed into an empty slot in an armoured formation and assigned any spare crew from that formation.  After it was repaired the captured AFV could then be used with new markings.  Late in an operation a single tank can make all the difference!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »

So long as the starting location of the unit is still under your command and the unit is not destroyed your damaged stuff is still in pool.  Just figure some recovery units showed up and towed your banged up armor away.   Grin

Yabba dabba do
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »

What would be good is if you & the enemy could capture each others immobilised afv's that end up in their territory - they could then be placed into an empty slot in an armoured formation and assigned any spare crew from that formation.  After it was repaired the captured AFV could then be used with new markings.
I'd love that!

So long as the starting location of the unit is still under your command and the unit is not destroyed your damaged stuff is still in pool.  Just figure some recovery units showed up and towed your banged up armor away.   Grin
It was actualy the enemy tanks who were left in my territory, and were ready for the next battle.  Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 10:30:02 PM »

Well not sure about capturing enemy stuff and then 3 hours later using it against their former owners.  Well tanks at least. 

As far as I know they would be taken to some rear depot, repaired, tested and then issued out to some unit using mainly captured crap.  There IS a t34 unit in the game files that is a German "Trophy" tank.  I do not think it has ever been used in any campaign. 

Yabba dabba do
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:18 AM »

Could it be that the enemy was able to retrieve their tanks because of the ceasefire? And would the tanks be abandoned and ultimately destroyed if I won the battle? As I mentioned, the territory where the tanks were was under my control before and after the battle.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 12:45:07 AM »

Enemy gear will only be lost if the unit is destroyed and sometimes if it becomes so damaged they end up just abandoning it permanently.

Real world loosing the ground of damaged gear is quite bad of course.  A huge amount of battle damaged gear is repairable.  Some army's are vary good at dragging away repairable gear, even doing so under fire. 

Yabba dabba do
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 06:29:13 AM »

Tracking immobilised stuff onto the tactical map is something that could be done better.  Overrun immobilised stuff should be lost, stuff that isn't overrun should be stuck in the same spot next battle.
kuri
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »

They would be dragged away by recovery vehicles if not overrun. From what i read in Tigers in the Mud, Germans went pretty far to recover valuable equipment such as the Tiger tank.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: