Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 01:43:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Larger maps  (Read 6274 times)
SSPEIPER
Major

« on: May 10, 2012, 03:38:40 AM »

I am loving where this game is heading......constantly improving and feedback from players is taken into consideration by the developers...

I would love to see larger maps... I set up a custom battle last night and was dismayed that I couldnt fight on more than just 9 square sectors in a single battle...

I know it is a large area...although when you consider that the German 88 had an effective range of 1km+ it would be great to see larger battles and maps as
the series progresses...

Eventually I would love to see infantry have better movements (motion capture) and be able to micro-manage them a little better...They are still a bit awkward and dont
find cover in building etc... as easy as one would like...

Seeing a Kursk or Bagration set of campaigns would be amazing....and then, dare i say........Western Europe...!!!

Keep up the great work....!
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:29:47 AM »

I agree - maybe a 4 x 4 battle map to start with?  Not so large that units get lost, but more scope for maneuverability.

My wish list for future campaign developments, to be built in this order:

1. Barbarossa, with German and Soviet campaigns for AGN, AGC, AGS and Operation Typhoon.

2. An expanded Operation Blau, to include the drive to the Caucasus, Stalingrad (small maps with factories, ruins, etc.) and the Crimean campaign.

3. Kursk

4. Bagration

5. Hungary and Berlin

6. Poland 1939

7. A full strategic level map (a kind of Matrix WitE-lite) that allows the player to choose his path to victory or defeat.  Andrey could partner with Gary Grigsby to produce this Wink

I think that Graviteam should stick to the war in the east because this is their main strength.  If they shift to D-Day etc. then they come up head-to-head against CMBN and the Russian 'flavor' of the Graviteam game, manuals, support etc. will taste a little strange.
Void
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

5. Hungary and Berlin

My dream Wink
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

A Finnish Winter War campaign would be very good as well, but it needs ski troops...
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »

My list:

0) Winter south-east Kharkov
1) Summer is near Leningrad
2) Summer is somewhere in the south-east of Ukraine
3) Summer in Mongolia

Grin

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »

A Finnish Winter War campaign would be very good as well, but it needs ski troops...
Yes, in far far plans

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »

I agree - maybe a 4 x 4 battle map to start with?  Not so large that units get lost, but more scope for maneuverability.
4x4 dont have a center tile, not suitable for link-map to an operation level.
May be only if we add standalone missions.

f they shift to D-Day etc. then they come up head-to-head against CMBN and the Russian 'flavor' of the Graviteam game, manuals, support etc. will taste a little strange.
Manual in next patch will be completely discarded, will be one problem less  Grin

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »

A Summer option for the maps Taranovka,Sokolovo or Rakitinoe would sit well with me.I mostly play quick battles,and would love to have the added seasonal flavor for my battle scenarios.I use these winter maps to play all sorts of Operation Mars and the Wehrmacht retreat from Moskow scenarios.I figure with a Summer option for these maps,I could create even more scenarios.
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »

A Summer option for the maps Taranovka,Sokolovo or Rakitinoe would sit well with me.I mostly play quick battles,and would love to have the added seasonal flavor for my battle scenarios.I use these winter maps to play all sorts of Operation Mars and the Wehrmacht retreat from Moskow scenarios.I figure with a Summer option for these maps,I could create even more scenarios.

An easier Editor would make all of that possible without waiting for DLC content.  I would prefer the devs to focus on new campaigns and the AI Smiley
Redmarkus4
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »

My list:

0) Winter south-east Kharkov
1) Summer is near Leningrad
2) Summer is somewhere in the south-east of Ukraine
3) Summer in Mongolia

Grin

That's a great list too!  I'll buy all of those Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print