Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 07:04:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valentine tanks in quick battles?  (Read 3164 times)
Lokik
Oberleutnant

« on: March 25, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »

Hello. I've been dicking around in quick battles while waiting for Mius Front, doing fun little scenarios to see how they go, but I've been wondering which Soviet unit(s) have Valentine tanks in them? I've found the lend-lease Matildas and Stuarts, but I just can't figure out how to get Valentines in my quick battles.

Have also been wondering about mortars and their ammunition. I've noticed that mortar squads have ammo crates next to them, and if I try to maneuver the mortar from its original position it loses the ammunition as the crew cannot take those crates with them. Is this correct or am I just misunderstanding something about how mortars work in this game?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

I think the Val's are under light tanks in QB. 

And yes, you move the mortar they loose 1/2 their ammo.  BUt you can go back to those crates and its back. 

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »

The Valentines are in the tank platoon of the motorcycle battalion.

If you move your mortars away from your ammo crates depending how far away from the crates the mortar is determines how soon the crew will go back and get more rounds.
You won't see the crew go and get them-this is abstracted.

From the manual-

"6.6 Moving guns and machineguns

As you move guns and machineguns around the amount of ammunition available may reduce.
The speed of resupply ammunition depends on a distance to ammo boxes. While maintaining
intense fire the crew can resupply its ammo stock from the boxes belonging to other guns.
ATTENTION! Moving guns and machineguns exhausts their crews, decreasing their fire
intensity
."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:38:49 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Lokik
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »

Thanks a bunch for the helpful answers! Should really spend more time with the manual instead of trying to figure out everything out by myself.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 11:14:43 PM »

The manual is very basic and outdated but still has some things in it that still apply to the current game.

The Graviteam wiki-http://gravitac.shoutwiki.com/
Is a little better but still incomplete and needs more work,though trial and error will most likely be what teaches you the most about this game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: