Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 06:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: NTA Mod (English version)  (Read 520228 times)
Amizaur
Oberleutnant

« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

OK, now 4shared links from the 1st page are working for me too Smiley just downloaded the update  !

Thanks!
minimi66
Major

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

Guys,

Following this install guide my game still crashes to desktop at going into the actual gameplay phase on about 50% of all the available missions?  To be honest i'm starting to get fed up with trying to sort this out?  Have checked all the patch/update files and they seem fine.

Also about 50% of my mission titles are in Russian using this install guide?  What happened to using the English patches?  I've tried about 6 different combinations of installs and still loads of missions CTDing!!

Any ideas?

Cheers.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »

Following this install guide my game still crashes to desktop at going into the actual gameplay phase on about 50% of all the available missions? 
50% means that u've a problems with models and configs. It does that u've wrong installation. There should not be any combinations of installation. UpdNov and Mission Pack 2.0 works only with recommended installation order. Before release had place, it had been tested and passed at least 5 times from 5 users. So, I'd like to suggest u to PM me and we'll try to get this issue over Wink
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:09:33 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »

Guys,

Following this install guide my game still crashes to desktop at going into the actual gameplay phase on about 50% of all the available missions?  To be honest i'm starting to get fed up with trying to sort this out?  Have checked all the patch/update files and they seem fine.

Also about 50% of my mission titles are in Russian using this install guide?  What happened to using the English patches?  I've tried about 6 different combinations of installs and still loads of missions CTDing!!

Any ideas?

Cheers.

This is how i have it and it works. And only in that order it will work

Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta
SPM1.5_ultimate_update
SPM1.5_ultimate_update_patch
Upd_Nov_2012(NTA)
Missions_pack_2.0

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »

minimi66,

Are you sure that you are using the correct version of the file:

SPM 1.5 Ultimate Update v 1.1 (ENG)

You can download it also here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21331726/SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar

The installation order proposed by Lockie works flawlessly for me !!

Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta
SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG)
Upd_Nov_2012(NTA)
Missions_pack_2.0

Txema
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »

Lockie:

perhaps the version of the "SPM 1.5 Ultimate Update" that you are linking in the first post is in Russian... I think that to get an English installation the version that should be installed is:

Could you please update the first post?

Txema
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »

perhaps the version of the "SPM 1.5 Ultimate Update" that you are linking in the first post is in Russian...
Are you sure? I need confirmation, coz we had testing and english translation was applied. So, AFAIK there are a couple eng files and all of them were translated and included into UpdNov2012(NTA).

PS
I've just checked once again and may say u that both files:
- loc_kit.text
- SPM1.5 NTA 1.3_units.text

were replaced in eng version in UpdNov2012(NTA).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:10:28 PM by lockie » Logged

minimi66
Major

« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »

Hi lockie,

I'll PM you ref this issue ok?

Be in touch.

Cheers.  Smiley
minimi66
Major

« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »

Hello guys,

The first link on this thread to Ultimate Upgrade did take me to some Russian site that wanted me to pay for some obscure advertising subscription:

http://mycollection.rusfolder.net/files/33963723

which was obviously wrong (for the English community anyway) but i checked my files and i already had the one listed by Txema i.e:

But it doesn't make any difference in my case, the UU and UU Patch do not allow me to play a good 50% of the available missions.  Yes i can solve the Russian language problem with the English patch for SPM1.5 Beta but have not found any working solution to the UU/UU patch CTD problem, i could handle the Russian language titles in the menu screens if i was just able to actually play the extra missions themselves?

Trouble is guys that testing this stuff out is VERY VERY time consuming!  To have to load EVERY mission out of about 40-60 missions and wait for it to load, then crash, then start again etc etc?  You're talking about wasting an entire day just trouble-shooting?  And thats not counting having to try this with about 4-5 different install configurations from JSGME?

From my point of view i'd rather have the option of separate downloads for everything, i.e. the ability to download an individual mission or mod or skin etc etc rather than a huge pack of files that makes dozens of changes to dozens of files that is totally un-trackable by the player doing the downloading.  The big .zip files are great for the guys who aren't having problems with their install but for people like me (even if i'm in a minority of one!!) it makes it impossible to track down what is causing the CTD's?  I also don't see any way of the designer of the update being able to help much without having access to the pc that the problem is occurring on? 

How about separate .zip's for individual missions, another for individual mods like skins etc and another for separate stuff like new vehicles etc.  That way you can just pick a mission or a mod, install it, see if it causes you problems and if it does you know you only have a few files to go through to locate the bug?  Likewise the mission/mod maker who built it only has one mission/mod to have to go through when trying to help you fix the problem instead of a 600MB zip file with 10 folders and God knows how many files, only one of which might be the cause of the CTD on your system?  In the end this process would help the designer to build mods/missions that are compatible with everyone's install and not just a  percentage of the players out there?  Even if it is the majority?

I'm not suggesting that the big single install zip/rar files shouldn't still be available for those who want to go down that road but it would be nice if people like me could pick and choose what to install so we can make sure that it works on our systems.  Lots of other games and sims do it this way and i can't think of any reasonable reason why it couldn't be done the same way with SFK42? 
Yes it would mean a bit of extra work for the guys putting up the DLC material but at least their hard work might actually eventually be enjoyed by a bigger percentage of players?

The way it is for me at the moment, i'm spending a lot of my time trying to develop a new mission editing tool and write a new mission editing tutorial for this game but as it stands i can't actually play about half of the missions that are out there? I'll probably spend a few more days trying to sort this and if no luck then i'm out of here and onto a different game like APK43 or APOS and see how i get on there?

Hope what i'm asking for is feasible and apologies if this has been suggested and rejected before but personally i can not see any other way of solving these CTD problems remotely?  Open to suggestions though?

Cheers guys.  Smiley

Rant over!!  Grin

minimi66
Major

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »

Oh and my current JSGME install config is here:

http://www.4shared.com/photo/m3Sc0yiE/myjsgmesetup.html

Thanks.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »

..... I checked my files and i already had the one listed by Txema i.e:

But it doesn't make any difference in my case, the UU and UU Patch do not allow me to play a good 50% of the available missions.  Yes i can solve the Russian language problem with the English patch for SPM1.5 Beta but have not found any working solution to the UU/UU patch CTD problem, i could handle the Russian language titles in the menu screens if i was just able to actually play the extra missions themselves?

minimi66,

It seems that you are installing something in a wrong way...

Could you please check installing just:

- Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
- Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta
- SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG)

Is this simple installation working properly for you? (if I remember correctly the "SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG)" mod contains ALL the English translations present in the "SPM_v1.5_Beta_English-patch", so all the English translations of SPM 1.5 beta should be there...)

Please make sure that you have the mod properly set in the MODS folder prior to activating it with JSGME... When you go to the MODS folder you should see the folder "SPM1.5_ultimate_update". If you enter that folder you should see the folder "data".

Now, when you have checked the previous install, add the last update and enable it with JSGME:

- Update November 2012 English version (NTA)
Upd_Nov_2012(NTA)
http://www.4shared.com/get/ojjC66_c/Upd_Nov_2012_NTA_.html

Check again to see if it is working properly and check specifically if everything is translated into English. Everything (except for some citations) must be in English. If you have texts in Russian it means that you have not installed the mods properly... Or perhaps that your downloads got corrupted somehow... Everything must be in English after having enabled these 4 mods !

Please, report the results here !

Txema

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:02:24 PM by Txema » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »

[
Please make sure that you have the mod properly set in the MODS folder prior to activating it with JSGME... When you go to the MODS folder you should see the folder "SPM1.5_ultimate_update". If you enter that folder you should see the folder "data".

Now, when you have checked the previous install, add the last update and enable it with JSGME:

- Update November 2012 English version (NTA)
Upd_Nov_2012(NTA)
http://www.4shared.com/get/ojjC66_c/Upd_Nov_2012_NTA_.html

Check again to see if it is working properly and check specifically if everything is translated into English. Everything (except for some citations) must be in English. If you have texts in Russian it means that you have not installed the mods properly... Or perhaps that your downloads got corrupted somehow... Everything must be in English after having enabled these 4 mods !

I second that! Take care to avoid the dreaded 'double folder' problem.

JSGME guide, page 7:
http://www.4shared.com/office/Psv9a0zR/JSGMEUG.html

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »

From my point of view i'd rather have the option of separate downloads for everything, i.e. the ability to download an individual mission or mod or skin etc etc rather than a huge pack of files that makes dozens of changes to dozens of files that is totally un-trackable by the player doing the downloading.
Mission Pack 2.0 (and 1.0) wasn't born on the empty place Smiley
At first, there were single missions and only after 2-3-4-5 years they were joined into one Mission Pack.
Anyway, u can check out the next topic and install a separate mission instead Mission Pack:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10102.0

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »

I personally feel that the mission packs are wonderful additions. Cheesy

If your installation is sound then the mission pack should not conflict nor create crashes in your game.
minimi66
Major

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »

Ok guys, it looks as though i have fixed it based on the advice you gave in the previous few posts!

I've now installed all 4 of the main updates and everything is now showing up in English, i've also tested most of the missions i was having CTD's with and they are all running fine for the first time since i first started playing the game again about a month ago.  So it all looks good now.

The problem was as follows:

I had extracted the SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).rar archive into the MODS folder in the game root folder and it obviously then created its sub-folder there named SPM1.5_ultimate_update_v1.1(ENG).  However what i hadn't noticed even after numerous checks inside this folder was that all it contained was the gunsight_readme folder and the SPM1.5_ultimate_update.exe executable file!!!  For some daft reason i was thinking that JSGME was picking up the executable and running it everytime i tried to apply the Ultimate Update.  Still can't work out why i would have thought that??

As soon as i realised that i knew i was on the way to fixing the problem.  So i moved the executable and gunsight_readme out of there, deleted that folder and then ran the executable and pointed its installation path to the MODS folder.  Lo and behold, inside the new SPM1.5_ultimate_update folder were a load of folders data\k42\loc_rus etc etc!!!  Ran JSGME, applied Ultimate Update, tested about 8-9 missions that used to CTD and they all ran fine now.  Applied November Update, tested some more missions and same deal, all good!

Thanks again for the advice and for your patience guys, must be frustrating when someone comes along and wants to turn the world upside down just because he's having a few problems!! Lol!  Grin

Will get back in my box and go and enjoy some of these great missions for the first time!!  Hoo Ahh!!  Smiley

Cheers fellas.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

I think to help newcomers to be sure that everth installed correctly, we need a graphic hint. i.e.:
on the picture should be logo or whatever: UpdateNovember or somth.

minimi66
Major

« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »

Yup!  Smiley
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2012, 11:13:58 PM »

Yup!  Smiley
Doest it suit? Wink

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

I think that would be very handy Lockie.  Also any listing in the forum for down loading should have the same info.

Bring back 3D markers!
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »

I think that would be very handy Lockie.  Also any listing in the forum for down loading should have the same info.
OK, but I'm still hesitating what should be a diff between 'UpdNov2012(NTA)' and 'fix_current'.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47
  Print  

Jump to: