Graviteam
May 14, 2024, 09:54:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game settings  (Read 3973 times)
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« on: July 03, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »

Having a bit of difficulty with a few of the game settings, I did ask about this on the steam forums but then derailed my own thread with questions about DLC.

1 - Video and Performance.
2.03 Decrease texture size - does this improve graphics or improve performance?

6.07 Forced texture reload/6.08 enable managed textures
what do these do?

2 - enabling/disabling
In the right hand column where we select to enable or disable a setting do I click 'Enable' to enable? or do I want 'Enable' to be showing? Sometimes it seems like I have to 'Enable' an option to 'Disable' it and vice versa.

For example... 
3.02 Disable Ambient
Do I click 'Enable' to disable Ambient?

2.13 Remove insignificant objects.
I have clicked 'Enable' so now 'Disable' is showing in my right hand column. Have I enabled it or disabled it?

4.02 Show blood
in order to get blood to show in battles I had to click 'Disable' in the settings menu, I am sooo confused.

Basically I want all the graphics settings set to highest quality and the game settings set to hardest difficulty, if someone could please explain how to do this? or maybe post some screenshots of the settings menu to show me what I need to enable and disable to achieve this I'd be very grateful. I have the Textures DLC enabled its just the settings menu that is confusing me.

Thankyou.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:45:44 PM by wildman » Logged
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »

2.03 Decrease texture size - does this improve graphics or improve performance?

It improves performance, by reducing quality of the textures.

6.07 Forced texture reload/6.08 enable managed textures
what do these do?

No idea, so just keep them default  Wink

In the right hand column where we select to enable or disable a setting do I click 'Enable' to enable? or do I want 'Enable' to be showing? Sometimes it seems like I have to 'Enable' an option to 'Disable' it and vice versa.

The wording is strange, so think of it as more True/False or Yes/No. So if it says "disable something" and you choose "Enable" it will be *disabled* - make sense?  Grin

3.02 Disable Ambient
Do I click 'Enable' to disable Ambient?

To disable Ambient sounds you *enable* this  Grin Grin

2.13 Remove insignificant objects.

If you want to improve performance by removing some "unnecessary" details, like destroyed parts of vehicles, dropped rifles/helmets etc, you *Enable* this.

4.02 Show blood
in order to get blood to show in battles I had to click 'Disable' in the settings menu, I am sooo confused.

This should be Enabled to show blood so not sure what happened there. Try it with Enabled?

Basically, the settings menu messy and I keep stuff mostly at defaults, except change a couple of things like control allies and disable the excessive bloom.

Rule of thumb; if you don't know what it does, keep it at default  8)

One thing I'd wish for is to have the settings retain after I apply patches, it's a mess to reapply if you make a lot of changes  Roll Eyes
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »

Thanks for the reply  Wink

I think I understand now, I think they missed a *D* off the indicators, should show as 'Disabled' or 'EnabledRoll Eyes

I agree about the settings when you add a mod or update etc, be nice to have a load/save feature for settings at least.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 09:59:39 PM »

Remember to never have simple shaders and shading at the same setting(otherwise your mouse won't work properly).
Simple shaders eliminate the shadows, I use this(simple shaders) for winter maps for more dreariness and it also makes storms look like heavy fog plus it helps boost your performance somewhat.

The shading isn't important to me so I disable that and enable simple shaders, by default it is the other way around.
Very important though not to have both at same setting.

You can play around with the other settings to tweek your graphics and such to your liking without screwing up your game, but those 2 settings if not different will give you problems and it took me a day to figure out what I did wrong.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:12:13 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »

Another thing I've noticed when I make videos and post them to YouTube is if you have ambient sound(back ground owls hooting, wind etc...) that scumbags on youtube claim copyright infractions to your videos because of those sounds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: