Graviteam
May 13, 2024, 11:36:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Solokovo Redux release version OUT Jan 03 2014  (Read 25963 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »

Those Stugs are really kicking my ass!
I don't remember them from the original Sokolovo campaign.

I got lucky and took one out at 500 meters with indirect fire from my 47mm AT gun section-lucky shot to the rear of the Stug.

I was able to wipe out a recon platoon that attacked by itself near the bridge NW of Sokolovo.Also destroyed the 75mm APC that was supporting them with an artillery barrage.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 05:09:12 AM »

The stugs are on the left in both DLC and my remake.  What is happening is the infantry company on the far left of map shift to attack sokolovo instead of that animal farm and bridges over on that side.   My first play of beta this did not happen.  2nd and 3rd it did.  I THINK I discouraged that behavior on the current build I am testing. 

There are only a hand full of stugs supporting some truck mounted panzer grenadiers.  But they are tuff nuts to crack without BIG guns.  45mm at guns can kill if a flank shot.  Front is nearly impossible.  If you can bush wack one with a engineer throwing a satchel charge onto engine deck that works well too. 

On another note...

Using random support APC's is not working so well in my current version.  About a zillion 251-2's resulted and vary few 251-9's.  The 251-2 is the mortar carrier and is totally killing everything with good viability.  Since I now I added the missing wire troops those damned things fire at any of my guys when they get spotted.  The mortars hit within 25 meters every damned time in day light.  At night its just around somewhere close.  Also to my surprise units in off the map in reserves dont take the supports.  UGH.  So the 3 platoons that are active out of 9 of the regular panzer grenadiers keep replacing losses with the support weapons and vehicles intended for 9 platoons.   Undecided  Looks like 1 more build to go.   Lips Sealed

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 12:48:15 AM »

FYI for mission makers.  DONT set random supports in the reserve pool and expect the units to grab them when they should.  LOL.  If you want a random vehicle stick direct into the units spot.  UGH.  beta2 there failed due to that.  Stupid units replacing lost stuff with all the support weapons for a whole freaken battalion.  Angry   Or how after mualing a panzer 2 platoon it grabbed all the random tanks for the other 3 platoons.   Angry  It attacked next turn with pz 3 and 4's.   Tongue  Those where suppose to randomly show up in the medium tank platoons.  So DONt do THAT!   Tongue

OK back to fix that BS and I think this ready for final release.  I may drop one of the 2 flame tank platoons.  Seems over kill to me.  For me they almost never get close enough to my guys to fry them.  They keep running into my t70's.  Then a retard flame tank vs t70 fight at point blank.  The flamer charges the little guys to get in range.  Have not lost a t70 yet to that.  Just this dumb 5 minute fry and shoot thing.

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »

First release version... I HOPE.   Wink

https://www.mediafire.com/?ile1lf824rjsrma

Lots changed since beta 1.  New less lame pants graphic for operation and more changes to the campaign than I can remember.  Now should have some real crappy Russian language support.  Ok.......I put everything through Google translate.  So it is likely so mangled in Russian as to be worthless.  Assuming it even shows up.  No way to test that an English version.   Undecided

Yabba dabba do
Santini
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »

Where is the link to the project with the ods etc?
hamrock
Major

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »

Flashburn, many thanks for all your hard work.  Just getting a good kicking on the first turn.  very well done.

Hamrock Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »

Dont forget to give targets to your 82mm mortars!  If they can get a pickle in the halftrack barrel....well who thought no top armor was a great idea?   

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »

In all my 2 years of playing this game I've yet to destroy a 1/2 track with a mortar!
I've done it quite a few times with off map artillery but dropping a mortar round into the top of an APC has not been one thing I've been able to accomplish yet.

Then again,after trying unsuccessfully about 20 times I no longer waste my mortar rounds this way anymore.
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 11:29:18 PM »

Been having a good time playing. I wish I understood how reinforcements went and how to fill up the ranks of depleted units.

Appreciate the work.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »

I wish I understood how reinforcements went
I don't understand this question.
Unless your talking about units in the reserve area of the map.
These you will have to wait to move on the turn they become available.
run your mouse cursor over them to see when or you can wait till they light up on the turn they are available.

and how to fill up the ranks of depleted units.
At the beginning of each turn is the Op Phase.
Click on your units in your platoons(Then LMB or RMB can't remember which and some options will show on how to do some things)  you can disband squads and any left over troops in the squad  will go to other units in the platoon and open a slot to draw new units from the reserves or if you have conscript squads in the next 1x1 grid near a unit they will start filling the ranks of depleted infantry squads by AI choice.
You can also reinforce depleted squads from other squads in the platoon.

You have to play around a bit with the units to move people where you want them and it's still less than the type of control I would like as far as putting everybody exactly where I want them but you do have a little control as to who goes where.

There are some other things you can do also but I really don't play the campaigns enough to explain this with any type of authority or even clarity for people unfamiliar with this aspect of the game.

All I can say is trial and error eventually will be your best way to learn this part of the game.
Unfortunately,I'm still in that stage concerning the campaigns for this game.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:03:03 AM by Dane49 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 02:49:05 AM »

Sometimes you need to disband a unit with a few guys left.  the uninjured ones will go to other squads.  This can allow reserves to go to that spot.  For whatever reason sometimes the are available but don't show up. 

But ya... mainly just click on the icon of squad at beginning of turn and it should take you to the squad screen.  Reserves show up on the left of screen.  But also depends on setting you use.  You can have setting that only allow squads to get reinforcements at beginning of map.  This goes for you and the AI.  In this campaign setting to non historical units gives extra squads to both you and the Germans.

On killing half tracks with mortars...  It is most certainly possible.  Particularly if a command guy has line of sight.  But it is not exactly easy.  Best done when the half track is stopped for whatever reason.  But it also will suppress the vehicle and they will slow or even stop firing.  Goes for tanks too.  Even though vary unlikely to kill a tank.  When my guys take indirect fire from mortars or the mortar 250-2 half track I will dump ALOT of mortar rounds on it.  Sometimes I kill it.  Usually end up taking out a bunch of the crew and damaging the vehicle a bit.  But it stops shooting mortars at my guys.    This goes for medium mortars of 81 or 82mm.  The 50mm light sort... hmmm good luck. I do not think I have ever killed anything but infantry with that pee shooter.  Generally let the ai do all the targeting with that thing.  in older versions of game I would let them fire all their  mortar bombs and then disband the unit to get the 3 guys to beef up a depleted infantry squad.  It no longer lets you do this.  Sad

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 02:56:28 AM »

I wondered about being able to disband crew served weapons that are damaged or out of ammo to beef up infantry squads.

I think this should be allowed.
unless you can transfer them to serve on other crew served weapons in the company.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 04:10:18 AM »

BTW. 

Please if any issues encountered or to hard/easy.  Whatever...even hate posts.  Please post.  only way to make it better or not repeat a mistake.  I intend, baring any life issues to complete the textures on my su2 and then jump back to German campaign for Sokolovo.   

UGH amended..

Old side project is beating on my internet door. 

So I finish this for this mod team...

then this for myself...and maybe every gtos freak

THEN German sokolovo campaign. 

Unless my OTHER side project comes knocking...

vehicle mod team RO2.  UGh

Why do i feel like I am going to get busy with more projects than I can handle?

Oh ya and then I want to get back to this...

and now I want to make one of these.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck

muahhaha

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:11:57 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »

if its installed right you should see this at bottom of campaign menu.  Wonder what went wrong.
Someone forgot to put language files again. Cheesy

Gt2extensionified and Russian included.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iuz0mv6beqznsk0/fb_sokolovo_redux_06jan14.gt2extension

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »

if its installed right you should see this at bottom of campaign menu.  Wonder what went wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/iuz0mv6beqznsk0/fb_sokolovo_redux_06jan14.gt2extension

Thanks Krabb. Now it's ok Smiley
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 03:40:06 AM »

Well they should have been in there.... 

ugh.. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »

Anyone interested in that German version?  Sort looking for feed back on Sokolovo redux.  Seeing if anyone wants MORE. 

In other news... silly uber future ak thing is nearly done for an HL2 mod...

Yabba dabba do
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »

Flashburn,
Yes please for the German version Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:43 PM »

ok doky..  soon as I get some time.  Not that far off really.  Just the testing slows things up a bit. 

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:02 PM »

Really want a German version aswell:) Great work mate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: