Graviteam
May 08, 2024, 04:50:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New mission...finally  (Read 22528 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: February 04, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »

Hi guys
 I've finished my first new mission and want to make it available. I've tried to put it on 4 shared (or some other site) but the site will not accept the files for upload-I have the folder JSGME ready. I've done this before(rapidshare) with my mods for Silent Hunter and there wasn't a problem but 4 shared has got me perplexed.

Anyone have any tips or easier sites to work with? I'd even e mail it to someone if they wanted to host it.

Thanks
H
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »

Congratulations!
I'd like to suggest: http://www.gamefront.com/

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »

Hi guys
 I've finished my first new mission and want to make it available. I've tried to put it on 4 shared (or some other site) but the site will not accept the files for upload-I have the folder JSGME ready. I've done this before(rapidshare) with my mods for Silent Hunter and there wasn't a problem but 4 shared has got me perplexed.

Anyone have any tips or easier sites to work with? I'd even e mail it to someone if they wanted to host it.

Thanks
H

That's strange, 4-shared works fine for me,

What file format are you using? I think .zip or .rar would be okay,

If all else fails, you could e-mail it to me to host it,
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:46:54 PM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:11:29 AM »

[/quote]

Hi Kyth
 the problem is I have a folder on the desktop which contains the entire file structure which is JSGME ready. 4shared won't let me bring over/upload the the entire folder. I even tried building a folder structure and uploading each individual file into the empty folders on the site and it still won't let me.

To avoid more delay I'd love to e mail the folder to you if possible. I will eventually work it out but until then if you host it that would be great. Can you pm me your e mail address?

Thanks
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:42:49 AM »

Okay, check your PM and we should be able to get this up and running,

As an aside, what I normally do after I build the folder structure on my desktop, I'll right-click on the folder and choose the option "Add to '<foldername>.rar' to compress the folder into one file. I use 'Winrar'.

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:55 AM »

Oh mighty Allah you have granted me my wish! I will see Hemisent's mission before the virgins of paradise Grin

Yeaahhhhhh!
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 03:10:03 AM »

Hi Kyth
 the problem is I have a folder on the desktop which contains the entire file structure which is JSGME ready. 4shared won't let me bring over/upload the the entire folder. I even tried building a folder structure and uploading each individual file into the empty folders on the site and it still won't let me.

To avoid more delay I'd love to e mail the folder to you if possible. I will eventually work it out but until then if you host it that would be great. Can you pm me your e mail address?

Thanks
H

[/quote]

You have to compress it first Smiley haha I had the same thing happen to me the first time I uploaded the Finnish thing. It left me scratching my head for a bit

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 04:07:10 AM »

You have to compress it first Smiley haha I had the same thing happen to me the first time I uploaded the Finnish thing. It left me scratching my head for a bit

Compress the folder?Huh? I never thought of that, thanks whukid. Used to be pretty easy with the old rapidshare from a few years ago.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 04:23:32 AM »

Yes, it's best to have it all uploaded in one self-contained file. The most common formats are .zip or .rar.

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »

Kyth
Check your e mail, I compressed it first. Let me know if you got it ok.

Thanks
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 02:25:11 AM »

OK hemi not to eb greedy but when can we expect mission number 2? :)Like Hollywood there's got to be a sequel to every good thing....
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:43 AM »

Kyth
Check your e mail, I compressed it first. Let me know if you got it ok.

Thanks
H

I'll check my e-mail as soon as I can, then I'll see about uploading it,  thanks!

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 03:57:40 AM »

OK hemi not to eb greedy but when can we expect mission number 2? :)Like Hollywood there's got to be a sequel to every good thing....

Hi Frinik
 Hah! Haven't even started yet but I hope nowhere near as long as the first. The Mayans predict the world comes to an end sometime later in 2012 so I hope before then. Grin

Will keep you posted with more questions I'm sure.

Cheers
H
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »

Okay everyone, the moment we've all been waiting for!

Get the new mission here:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/nQoCcGkW/Shamonin.html

I've taken the liberty of giving you a sneak preview:

I'll refrain from any further comments, since I haven't played it through yet  Embarrassed

Good luck!

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »

Thanks Kyth!Thanks Hemi!
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »

Much obliged Kyth
 Many thanks to Kyth, Frinik and a host of others here who never failed to answer my questions no matter how redundant or verklempt they were.

And without Frinik's testing I'd still be pulling my hair out.
Cheers
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:42 PM »

Hemi your mission is very enjoyable and I have bene pleased to make variants of it with 1942 models, 1943 models and late war models.So I have it in 3 different varinats on 3 diff installations.

Make more Kyth and Rends could use competition other wise they are going to corner the SF mission-making market ! Grin
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 04:48:59 PM »

INCREDIBLE! The mission has the total weight is only 13KB!? Didn't check it yet.

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »

Hi,

Having played through the mission (at level 5) , I do have a couple of comments,

- It's rather easy  Smiley The hilltop defenders do a good job all by themselves,

- The constant twists and turns at the beginning get quite exasperating; on subsequent replays I cut it short by ordering a direct heading to the point of action,

Maybe I need to turn up the difficulty  Grin

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:49 PM »

Hi,

Having played through the mission (at level 5) , I do have a couple of comments,

- It's rather easy  Smiley The hilltop defenders do a good job all by themselves,

- The constant twists and turns at the beginning get quite exasperating; on subsequent replays I cut it short by ordering a direct heading to the point of action,

Sorry Kyth, I tried to get the units to stick to the roads. If you follow the roads a number of the triggers
are activated.

Maybe I need to turn up the difficulty  Grin

I play this with a balance of 8-10.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: