Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 08:43:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: delay and waypoints  (Read 4308 times)
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« on: May 07, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »

Currently, delay can only be set until specific time. Could you add the option to specify the amount of time for delay. For example, instead of setting delay until, say, 17:10, you set delay for 10 minutes.

Furthermore, I'd like to have the possibility to assign orders to waypoints (by orders I don't mean movement, but orders such is fire at area, hold fire, fire arc etc.). For example order a tank platoon to move to a point, fire on the area for 1 minute, then move somewhere else.

Imagine a scenario with infantry platoon attacking a position, supported by mortars. Order infantry to move to position for the attack, wait (delay) until 17:00 than attack. At the same time you order your mortars to hold fire until 17:00, then fire for 1 minute at the enemy position and again cease fire.

I'd also like to have the ability to edit the waypoints, change their orders and drag them around to adjust the path.  Grin
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »

Currently, delay can only be set until specific time. Could you add the option to specify the amount of time for delay. For example, instead of setting delay until, say, 17:10, you set delay for 10 minutes.

Why? Delay is necessary to synchronize the activities between the different groups, for example to start an attack at the same time. Relative delay is unclear.

Furthermore, I'd like to have the possibility to assign orders to waypoints (by orders I don't mean movement, but orders such is fire at area, hold fire, fire arc etc.). For example order a tank platoon to move to a point, fire on the area for 1 minute, then move somewhere else.
This is (fire area, hold fire, fire arc) not true orders its a states that apply immediately. All dynamic properties (modifiers)  with delays now is freely sequenced.
Simulator of warprogrammer will not to do  Grin, for that there are lots of languages, such as C# or JS, not need in game.

Imagine a scenario with infantry platoon attacking a position, supported by mortars. Order infantry to move to position for the attack, wait (delay) until 17:00 than attack. At the same time you order your mortars to hold fire until 17:00, then fire for 1 minute at the enemy position and again cease fire.
For this not need realtive delays. Fire area is cheat order, completely removed soon.

I'd also like to have the ability to edit the waypoints, change their orders and drag them around to adjust the path.  Grin
Real commander not have mental link to soldiers. Edit waypoints is not realistic at all only possible may be in strange arcade games. If you want "edit order" you need to do another order, with all the consequences.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »

Why? Delay is necessary to synchronize the activities between the different groups, for example to start an attack at the same time. Relative delay is unclear.
Well, one example is recon. Go to location, observe for 5 minutes, then go somewhere else and do the same.

This is (fire area, hold fire, fire arc) not true orders its a states that apply immediately. All dynamic properties (modifiers)  with delays now is freely sequenced.
Simulator of warprogrammer will not to do  Grin, for that there are lots of languages, such as C# or JS, not need in game.
I can think of many examples where this may come handy. Like, move a squad, at the last waypoint set arc of fire. Or, move the APC to location, dismount the infantry, then move the vehicle to another location. The purpose of such a system would be better user friendlines, because you don't have to wait for the unit to arrive to destination to give it another order. You'd issue multiple orders using waypoints and forget about it.  Grin

Fire area is cheat order, completely removed soon.
Noooo.  Grin How will we use indirect fire support?

Real commander not have mental link to soldiers. Edit waypoints is not realistic at all only possible may be in strange arcade games. If you want "edit order" you need to do another order, with all the consequences.
It is just a way to improve UI user friendlines. When changing the path, instead of doing it from scratch, you simply edit the current path. At the expence of command points,of course, as if you're issuing the new orders.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

Furthermore, I'd like to have the possibility to assign orders to waypoints (by orders I don't mean movement, but orders such is fire at area, hold fire, fire arc etc.).
This feature would be good for the advanced users who knows what trigger does.

Provocative signature removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: