Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 08:09:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Khalkhin Gol 1939/Soviet–Japanese War 1945  (Read 4520 times)
woofiedog
Major

« on: December 26, 2013, 08:13:34 PM »

I know all of you are busy by the excellent updates released recently here on the forum. But was wondering if there were any plans for in the future for the Pacific side of WWII?

Thank's

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »

NTA mod has a plans to develop the `Desert mod` for the british side.
There will be 2-3 new buildings, building-pillbox and a couple tanks `General Lee`, Stewart `Honey`. And of course a couple missions. At this moment `Desert mod ` has 4 missions (already included into MP3.3b) and a texture mod.
As for "Khalkhin Gol", personally I've a big doubts. All tanks are extremely weak and area where battles had place was plain and dull. It means - one shot and game over.
More interesting for me, to make missions at the base on 1941, when the USSR attacked Germany (plan `Thunderstorm`), i.e. Ostpreußen.
There are more buildings, pilboxes, sanboxes, forest(oak), areas, bridges etc. Of course, this is my fantasy, but it's a game Wink
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:52:26 PM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
woofiedog
Major

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »

Thank's for the reply and info on the up coming Desert mod updates... which would be excellent. I really enjoy the early ground and air war and been having a great time with the recent BT-7 and missions. Since the BT-7 was included in the Soviet armored units that were fighting during Khalkhin Gol conflict was why I asked.

Again thank's.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 05:44:33 AM »

1941, when the USSR attacked Germany (plan `Thunderstorm`), i.e. Ostpreußen.

Never heard  of that one? Do you mean 1944?The late summer offensive against East Prussia after they smashed Heeresgruppe Mitte in Belarus.

There are good maps made by Deviator which could be used for such scenario (BSSR1 & 2). You would just need to adjust the vegetation to make it more northerly, more evergreens, definitely no palm trees in it... Wink

BTW how come there are no trees such as the oak, ash, chestnut, elms etc in SF? Don't you have these kind of trees in the Ukraine?
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »

1941, when the USSR attacked Germany (plan `Thunderstorm`), i.e. Ostpreußen.
Never heard  of that one? Do you mean 1944?The late summer offensive against East Prussia after they smashed Heeresgruppe Mitte in Belarus.
Answers moved here:
http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11435.0

There are good maps made by Deviator which could be used for such scenario (BSSR1 & 2). You would just need to adjust the vegetation to make it more northerly, more evergreens, definitely no palm trees in it... Wink
Sounds good! Personally, I'm interested to make an attack mission for the KV-2, when this tank smash the defense line of pillboxes.

BTW how come there are no trees such as the oak, ash, chestnut, elms etc in SF? Don't you have these kind of trees in the Ukraine?
At this moment I've only the 3d model of the oak and the model of the chestnut will be appreciated!

Provocative signature removed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: