Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 06:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Supply Depots and resuppling troops?  (Read 13289 times)
Anon052
Oberleutnant

« on: February 08, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »

How exactly do supply depots work? I thought they would resupply units in range automaticly. I'm playing the Teranovka mission on german side. There is a depot in Teranovka. Most troops in this mission start with sparse ammunition.
In the first round, the depot did ressupply 2 Inf Units and a machinegununit(half of it). There were green lines drawn from the depot to the 3 units.
After the first turn however it does not work anymore. I moved a lot of units into Teranovka into the range of the Depot but not one unit did get resupplied.
No way of winning this mission this way. I'm in the 5th turn and have practicly no ammunition left to fight the enemy.

So my question. Is this some kind of bug or did I understand something wrong with how the depots work? Could it be that there are to much units( 7 or 8 ) in supplydepot range?

If you move a unit into reserve(border of the map) again will it be resupplied there?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:22:02 PM by Anon052 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »

How exactly do supply depots work? I thought they would resupply units in range automaticly. I'm playing the Teranovka mission on german side. There is a depot in Teranovka. Most troops in this mission start with sparse ammunition.
In the first round, the depot did ressupply 2 Inf Units and a machinegununit(half of it). There were green lines drawn from the depot to the 3 units.
After the first turn however it does not work anymore. I moved a lot of units into Teranovka into the range of the Depot but not one unit did get resupplied.
No way of winning this mission this way. I'm in the 5th turn and have practicly no ammunition left to fight the enemy.

So my question. Is this some kind of bug or did I understand something wrong with how the depots work? Could it be that there are to much units( 7 or 8 ) in supplydepot range?

If you move a unit into reserve(border of the map) again will it be resupplied there?

In this operation depots has limited supply amount. If depot in encirclement it supply only neighboring platoons.
In one turn 1 brigade resupply only one platoon.

Your first tasl to hold out until reinforcements that will knock the encirclement.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »

In this operation depots has limited supply amount.

Can you see it somewhere how much supply is left?
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »

I have a question about supply too. In the second campaign (as Russians) two aircraft symbols appear on right hand edge of map, and when you move the mouse over them they say 'transport supply planes'. I clicked one and thought it would be able to fly over my troops somewhere to drop supplies, but it moved only 1 hex and then became a ground supply unit. This was very inconvenient as it was miles away from any of my own advancing units and was quickly attacked and over-run by a company of German infantry the very next turn!  Sad
Should we be leaving those aircraft symbols alone until ground forces move up north to meet them? I havent touched the other plane symbol for fearing of doing the same.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »

How do I know how much ammunition in stock?
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73356&p=1788674&viewfull=1#post1788674

All signed in tooltips or a in table. I am unclear how this can't be found  Shocked

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »

Should we be leaving those aircraft symbols alone until ground forces move up north to meet them? I havent touched the other plane symbol for fearing of doing the same.

I check this moment

Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »

All signed in tooltips or a in table. I am unclear how this can't be found  Shocked

I did find it but i did not understand it because it said there are 5 crates of ammunition left but it did not refill the troops. So i thought i had a bad thinking. English is not my first language so sometimes i have problems to understand it too.

But now I'm pretty sure there is a bug. I'll try to explain.

A depot has fuel for vehicles and ammunition for troops/vehicles. I think that the bug is that fuel count as ammunition and ammunition count as fuel.

In the second turn the Depot in Taranovka did resupply my troops. After that there was no indication that any fuel was left. But the depot had 5 ammunition crates left and no fuel. It did not ressuply troops even thought it was not encircled and there were troops beside it(this was why I started this thread).
And now this is what happend in the 6th turn: A recon unit moved in range and it got resupplied. But it did not get ammunition only fuel. Now it is written only 4 crates of ammunition left. So it used 1 crate of ammunition to refuel the vehicles. And before there were no vehicles in range so it did not resupply them with fuel.

I could send you a savegame? if you need it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:08:07 PM by Anon052 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »

Initially depots in Taranovka German feb02 have 10 fuel items, and 5 ammo items.

Any unit (squad or vehicle) has _our own_ refuell and reammo price.
If it heavy tank - refuel price  may be 2 or 3 items, and ammo price about 3 items.
If it foot scout squad - refuel price is 0 items and ammo is approx 0.25 item.

For 5/10 items you can resupply 2-3 heavy tanks or 5-10+ inf/scouts squads.
Fuel and ammo have separate counts.

% in table it's approx resupply price.

This is as it should be.

But of course any issues or bugs maybe too, I'll see Smiley
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:59:14 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »

Yes I understand it.

Yes the northern depot had 5 ammunition units left and 0 fuel units at the end of turn 4. And still it resupplied only fuel to the scout vehicles in turn 5. No ammunition to the same unit, they still have only one quarter of ammunition as they started. But the depot lost one ammunition unit. And in taranovka the northern part there were no vehicles that could be refueled in the turns before

Same thing happend in the south. One infantry unit without any vehicles got resupplied in turn 2 before the depot got destroyed later by the attacking tanks. The count of the depot was 5 ammunition units and 8 fuel units after that.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

Yes I understand it.

Yes the northern depot had 5 ammunition units left and 0 fuel units at the end of turn 4. And still it resupplied only fuel to the scout vehicles in turn 5. No ammunition to the same unit, they still have only one quarter of ammunition as they started. But the depot lost one ammunition unit. And in taranovka the northern part there were no vehicles that could be refueled in the turns before

Same thing happend in the south. One infantry unit without any vehicles got resupplied in turn 2 before the depot got destroyed later by the attacking tanks. The count of the depot was 5 ammunition units and 8 fuel units after that.

Thanks.
Yes, it's really bug with indication (resupply calculation is still correct).
Checked in next patch.

Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »

After playing the volokonovka mission on russian side. It seems to me that rifle squads allways resupply rifle ammunition even without supply depot or trucks nearby. Is this right? Is this mapspecific? It even seems that offmap Arty of commandunits get resupplied a little bit too.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:15:01 PM by Anon052 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »

After playing the volokonovka mission on russian side. It seems to me that rifle squads allways resupply rifle ammunition even without supply depot or trucks nearby. Is this right? Is this mapspecific? It even seems that offmap Arty of commandunits get resupplied a little bit too.

In general, there is a warehouse. If your squads are close to it, they will be resupply (green dash lines on operational map).
Themselves they are not resupply, that's for sure.

How do you determine that they are replenished? Smiley

Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »

Its because after the second turn I was out of ammo with most squads, the ammunition icon was red/0%. And in later turns, they had definitivly more ammo again, sometime as up to 88%. Not the heavy weapons units but the riflemen units.

There was definitivly no warehouse nearby.  Its the encircled units in odincov.

I only saw this in the russian Volokonovka mission. In other missions I did not see it.
But i have to say. Without this the mission seems pretty unbeatable for me. To much ennemies to few ammunition.

What really would help too is an option to stop AT Guns/Tanks from shooting and wasting AT ammunition against infantry.

And something else. The conscript squads did not replenish the units even though in range. I had never problems with them before but in this mission the only use they had was cheap cannon fooder.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:41:27 PM by Anon052 » Logged
Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »

Ok I think there has to be another bug or I am to stupid to understand how resupply works. I made some screens.

Its turn 4 I think, the russion pavlovka mission. The supply trucks did not move(can't they move?) the entire game. And even though that several units are in range they did not get resupplied. The trucks have still full ammunition crates(20) as seen in screenshot.

Not one unit got resupplied. See the AT Artillery in screen. No green lines on operantional phase.

The same thing happens with conscripts.

Are there other people with the same problem? is this a bug or a mistake of me?

And in another post i was talking of another thing:

I couldn't hold the village in south, there was heavy fighting. 4 units of my ATR platoon were completly out of ammo,the ammunitionicon was red like it is now with the destroyed squad.

Now somehow the surviving units have again 50% ammoload(they started I think with 50%). Even though they are encicled and there is no depot near. In the turn before they couldn't shoot because they had no ammo left....

Everytime this ressuply of troops happend(without being in range of depot) the depot/conscripts did not work anymore.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:35:36 AM by Anon052 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »

No, in Pavlovka Russian support trucks stopped without fuel (historically) and don't move in game operation too. It's a historically moment.

About resupply: I am will be check it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:09:50 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »

Ok I continued playing. Conscipts seem to work, however the supply does not:

I moved my Tank platoon with half ammunition load in range of the supply trucks and my recon platoon in range of the conscripts.

The conscipts did work, but the supply truck not:

The supplytrucks are still with 20 ammunition crates:

Did anyone else encounter this kind of problem? Seems pretty major.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:24:06 AM by Anon052 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 08:37:42 PM »

May be your troops have above 50% of ammunition?

Anon052
Oberleutnant

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »

When they have more than 50% ammo, they do not resupply(I did not know that)? This could be it, i will have to try it. Smiley
MrSquiggless
Oberleutnant

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:42 AM »

Andrey, further to mark Jongo query about airplane transports establishing depot in desired location.
what is the command procedure to ensure the depot is set up near your troops where you want it.
Who can call in supply planes like this. Only Commanders and spotters?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 06:16:15 AM »

Andrey, further to mark Jongo query about airplane transports establishing depot in desired location.
what is the command procedure to ensure the depot is set up near your troops where you want it.
Who can call in supply planes like this. Only Commanders and spotters?
Click on transport planes on operation map and move it to desired location (click on green square).

All logistic in game is on the operational map.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: