Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 07:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to load games  (Read 5876 times)
tonyuk
Major

« on: March 29, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »

I see there is an option to save and exit on the menu when hitting the esc key.
Cannot find a load option though. On the campaign menu it says continue but when I go into the campaign it starts me off from the beginning again, which is rather annoying. Same for quick battle, have to start from begining. Or maybe the game only saves at a certain stage which is ridiculous. I should be able to save at any point and go right back to it.

Just bought the game today, because I know the original game lacked this option.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:22:50 PM »

Cannot find a load option though. On the campaign menu it says continue but when I go into the campaign it starts me off from the beginning again, which is rather annoying. Same for quick battle, have to start from begining. Or maybe the game only saves at a certain stage which is ridiculous. I should be able to save at any point and go right back to it.

Just bought the game today, because I know the original game lacked this option.

In the operations list must appear the "floppy disk" symbol to load savegame to continue combat (for operation and quick battle), when you click on it then savegame is loaded. One savegame for one profile.

But you should not start a new quick battle or operation.

P.S. Check users\profiles\<profile code> folder for "autosave.tacstream" file after save&exit.
May be you don't have a rights (as OS user) for write files to game folder.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

In the operations list must appear the "floppy disk" symbol to load savegame to continue combat (for operation and quick battle), when you click on it then savegame is loaded. One savegame for one profile.

P.S. Check users\profiles\<profile code> folder for "autosave.tacstream" file after save&exit.

I can see the saved files in a folder called'546F6E79'under profiles, but there is no floppy disc symbol in the campaign operations list. It just says 'continue' instead of 'start', but takes me back to the deployment stage. There would not be an auto save as I saved near the begining just to test if it works. It appears that saved games only work when next turn is reached, but not in between turns. Is this correct assumption?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:21:56 PM by tonyuk » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »

I can see the saved files in a folder called'546F6E79'under profiles, but there is no floppy disc symbol in the campaign operations list. It just says 'continue' instead of 'start', but takes me back to the deployment stage. There would not be an auto save as I saved near the begining just to test if it works. It appears that saved games only work when next turn is reached, but not in between turns. Is this correct assumption?

autosave.tacstream is present in 546F6E79 folder?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

autosave.tacstream is present in 546F6E79 folder?
[/quote]

I have reinstalled everything with latest patch. I cant see this file though.
Now I have 'Continue Game' on the main menu for Quick Battle. Looks like you can only load the last game played though. If I try to save a campaign game the'Continue Game' option disappears on the main menu.

Ah I just noticed the floppy disk appearing in campaign-great. But save  game also disappears if you if you just reload then quit. I can live with that. Great game-wish I knew how to use the artillery.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:32:35 PM by tonyuk » Logged
tonyuk
Major

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:01 PM »

Hi Andrey

I notice now that if you try to change options, controls, or save more than one game, the save game disappears. Hopefully you can fix this in next patch. I like to play quick battle for practice, and campaign once I have practiced, but only one saved game at a time will work, as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:42:26 PM by tonyuk » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »

Hi Andrey

I notice now that if you try to change options, controls, or save more than one game, the save game disappears. Hopefully you can fix this in next patch. I like to play quick battle for practice, and campaign once I have practiced, but only one saved game at a time will work, as far as I can tell.

1 savegame per profile. You can create two (or more) profiles and do it now Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: