Graviteam
May 05, 2024, 07:57:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resupply and units being routed...!!!  (Read 3080 times)
SSPEIPER
Major

« on: April 29, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »

As much as I really like this game, the way the game represents units being routed is very poor and very frustrating!!!

For instance, a unit is routed based on its location on the operational map - not the tactical battle...

I had the Russians advance right up to my positions but they had offered me a CEASE FIRE very early on
in the tactical battle - I was inflicting casualties on them and so decided to hold off on accepting
the CEASE FIRE... The Russians then sent 3-4 tanks and more infantry at me, and I knew I would incur
heavy casualties as I had not heavy AT weapons, so I accepted the CEASE FIRE....I still did not have one
casualty against me and yet when i check the Operations map I see that my entire ENGINEERS platoon has
been routed..........I had placed them defending right next to my other forces -BUT- because they were
more advanced in on the Opertation map prior to battle they then automatically get routed!!!

This needs to be changed... Fair enough ROUT a unit if it gets mauled in battle or even surrounded, but not
when I have it fighting side-by-side with my other units and it doesnt get so much as a scratch. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

I want to know that I have held the enemy on the map and not have some bull***t mathematical program equation
say that because X unit was too far forward before the fighting then he must be removed from play....Its not
table-top advanced squad leader.... that is a whole OPERATION ruined and I have to start again.

Also how do you resupply your troops.... I set certain units for priority resupply and they never seem to get any resupply of ammo or men...?

Do I have to move the reserve units to meet them on the map..? There is no explanation for any of this for ENGLISH lanquage players...

This game has sooo much potential, I mean to be the new KING of WW2 RTS games... However there needs to be alot of tweaking to the infantry!!

Suicidal attacks from units that i told to stay put... I have turned this game off more times than I care to mention due to stupid, untrealistic suicide charges
by one or more members of a squad...

MJR
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »

Only started playing APOS recently but when your on the operational map you have to move your Conscripts so that they are in range (inicated by the circle surrounding them when you have them selected) of the platoon you want to reinforce then right click on the platoon to go to the reinforce screen and be able to reinforce, same deal with the supply trucks and the repair teams and they will refill and repair.

I would like to know if there is any way of knowing before you go into battle on the tactical phase if one of your under strength sqauds is missing a commander. You need to know before you send them into battle to give you a chance to reinforce or retreat as not having a commander for the squad lessons there effectivnes worse than just being short a regular soldier.

EDIT/ After playing a bit more i am finding that supply seems to work a little differently depending on the scenario.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:21:53 PM by MJR » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: