Graviteam
May 07, 2024, 03:45:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on the the mod enabler & SPM 1.5  (Read 4373 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: April 06, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

Hello all
  Finally got the game up and running with a lot of help from Kyth and Frinik. The game runs flawlessly so far.
 My question is: I have SPM 1.5 (along with it's 2 related fixes/patches) and the official patch. I install the included JSGME program into the main SF folder run it once and it creates a MODS folder and a Backup folder...great so far.

I then extract the official patch, along with the two smaller 1.5 beta fixes into that MODS folder. But, when I manually place the SPM 1.5 beta program into the MODS folder and run it it seems to install as normal, however it creates an entirely new MODS folder inside the original MODS folder and creates a JSGME desktop icon. Now, I have the first JSGME icon in the main game folder and it shows the patch along with the two 1.5 fixes ready for activation. I also have a second JSGME desktop icon which now contains the SPM 1.5 beta ready for activation.

I've never had a mod activate it's own JSGME program before. I've been playing Silent Hunter for years and am very familiar with the enabler and have been using it pretty much since Jeasen Jones came up with it.

How do I get this sorted out?

Thanks in advance and it's good to be here.

Cheers
H

POW
Major

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »

It's faster to unpack the files to a temp folder and then move the files to the steel fury install. Steel fury only takes a few minutes to install.
I made a zip with all the files necessary to play SP1.5 and i included the Kyth missions and the Kursk campaign/missions (Prokhorovka map). I just need to unzip that file in my SF folder and everything is running very well.

If my installation gets corrupted (while i'm messing with files) it only takes me 5 minutes to revert back to a fresh install of SF with SP1.5 and the others addons (install SF 2 minutes and 1 minute to unzip the SP1.5+addons zip)

If somebody is interested i can upload the file -640 MB- (megaupload or other free share site)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:11:34 PM by POW » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:02 AM »

I then extract the official patch, along with the two smaller 1.5 beta fixes into that MODS folder. But, when I manually place the SPM 1.5 beta program into the MODS folder and run it it seems to install as normal, however it creates an entirely new MODS folder inside the original MODS folder and creates a JSGME desktop icon. Now, I have the first JSGME icon in the main game folder and it shows the patch along with the two 1.5 fixes ready for activation. I also have a second JSGME desktop icon which now contains the SPM 1.5 beta ready for activation.

I've never had a mod activate it's own JSGME program before. I've been playing Silent Hunter for years and am very familiar with the enabler and have been using it pretty much since Jeasen Jones came up with it.

How do I get this sorted out?

Thanks in advance and it's good to be here.

Cheers
H

Hi Hemisent,

It's not a big deal, you'll just have to move the 'Steel Panzer Mod 1.5' sub-folder out of the "MODS within the MODS"  Smiley folder and get it back into the main MODS folder, together with the other 2 fixes. It should now show up in the listing for your first JSGME icon; feel free to delete the second JSGME, which should now be empty.

The general rules for extracting mods:
  • Zipped mods should be extracted to the MODS subfolder
  • Mods in '.exe' format (with the red star / black cross icon) are self-extracting JSGME files; they should be extracted to the Main folder of Steel Fury.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:18 AM »

Yes I have that same thing but I don't bother with it.What matters is the JSGME in your game main folder that ought to have all your mods and patches and the MODS folder also in your game manin folder.The duplicates don't matter and won't interfere with your game. I had to create my own mods folder at least in my case as it did not appear where it should have.There are lots of little things with SF that pop up now and then most are harmless....

Byt the Way welcome to the forum Hemi! Wink
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:13 AM »

Thanks guys
I just figured it out-never had a mod or app install, create and write to the JSGME MODS folder. This was driving me nuts, what you both say makes sense, I just undid everything and started bringing everything over and it seems to be straightened out...at least for now, but then the day isn't over yet is it?

Cheers
H

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: