Graviteam
May 06, 2024, 09:08:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firing the main gun question  (Read 7776 times)
hemisent
Oberst

« on: April 11, 2011, 11:34:35 PM »

Guys, at the risk of sounding like a total imbecile here, I'm playing Kyth's mission and getting killed spectacularly every time. My problem is I cannot get the main gun to fire. I have the default position set as commander. I can identify and highlight a target of choice using the F key. I can get the MG to fire but for some reason the gunner will not load a round. I thought it might be due to excessive range but I've tried firing on anything close by and ...nothing.

Can someone give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong please?

Thanks
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 01:42:46 AM »

Just a little curious, when you assign the target, does a little red dot appear above it?
That indicates whether the gunner can actually see the target - the gunner's field of view is slightly lower than the commander, so it could be blocked by terrain or foliage.

I'd actually suggest sticking with the defaulted gunner position in my missions!  Grin
The force balance and timing are rather finely tuned, so quick and accurate shooting could be the difference between victory and defeat...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:56:06 AM by Kyth » Logged

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »

Hemi open the docs folder in your game main folder.Inside you' ll find the users manual, editor s manual and controls manual.You ll find all the controls for each position in the tank.AS commander you have to assingn targets to your gunner PressF , then you have to select the type of ammo you want him to use either  numerical 1(AP) or 2(HE), then you may have to reload press R and adjust his aim through numerical + or -.

As Kyth wisely suggested it s better during intense fighting and challenging missions to be the gunner.Don t trust the AI they often can t get their target priorities right.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:13:22 AM »

So, even though the target is outlined(orange) and the commander selects it(F key-LMB) the gunner must be able to see it-that's indicated by the red dot. I recall the dot only a few times to be honest.

Thanks, I'll get back in as the default gunner and see how it goes.

Cheers!
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:59:32 AM »

Hemi you can set the gunner's position by default in your game settings menu.There 's a slider you can use for thta.

Also during a game you can shift from one view point; either gunner's sight, commander port hole, machine gunner's sight, driver's window by pressing page up and page down. My advice to you is to read the user's manual and the controls manual.They are quite helpful at the beginning.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »

So you see, those Matilda lessons are useful after all (the Commander's tutorial, that is)  Smiley

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »

Thanks guys
 I've read both the manual and I have a printed copy of the controls guide here but I guess this part eluded me. I just tried it as the default gunner and all worked perfectly.

I think Kyth, I need to go back and play the Matilda tutorial again.

Thanks again

H

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 02:10:10 AM »

Hemi when you play the gunner and then change position and back to the gunner don' t forget to reloait' s happened to me that a few times playing commander and then driver and then enemy tanks appear and in the excitement of an upcoming battle I aim and decide to shoot as gunner and sh.........t no shell loaded..

You aren't a verklempt! Even the great Kurt Knispel had to start from scratch!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 02:33:14 AM »

You aren't a verklempt! Even the great Kurt Knispel had to start from scratch!

And so did the "famous" (and fictitious) tank ace, Heinz Hellmann.  Grin

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 03:26:44 AM »

I've got another question on the gun issue. In the controls guide pg 16 # 80 "input of lateral amendment# {,}

What's a lateral amendment?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »

I've got another question on the gun issue. In the controls guide pg 16 # 80 "input of lateral amendment# {,}

Heh heh

Sounds like a sideways adjustment  Smiley

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »

Heinz Hellmann? Isn´t he the famous philosopher of the Panzer Waffe whose contribution to literary fame was " Am I chopped liver for the Fuehrer? Yes indeed you are; mere tinned meat in your Panzer III" Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »

Heinz Hellmann? Isn´t he the famous philosopher of the Panzer Waffe whose contribution to literary fame was " Am I chopped liver for the Fuehrer? Yes indeed you are; mere tinned meat in your Panzer III" Grin

Grin

No, Heinz Hellmann the Renowned Mayo-meister, turned Panzer Ace in a sudden, stunning switch of career.

Grin

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

Okay, I took out my trusty manual from the late Lighthouse Interactive.

The relevant section has a better translation, its:

"Adjust deflection left / right off gun-sight center (T-34 only)"

"Yes."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: