Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 03:40:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SHIELD of the PROPHET  (Read 5835 times)
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: May 14, 2013, 02:16:32 AM »

Shield of the Prophet gameplay video on youtube.

Fracchione
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:12:53 PM »

You may want to delete this crappy video, it looks like the game is broken (black flickering cursor).
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »

It's not an official video.
MitralTA has made a lot of videos about this game and so far He is the only one who made one about this DLC.

I thought some people would be interested in seeing the game in action.
Besides maybe He prefers his cursor to look that way.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:05 AM »

Interesting to see but it reminds me how annoying the camera commands are in the game.  Control with the mouse in the 4 cardinal directions is wonky and the keyboard control of the camera is kind of laggy and all too often you over run your target and need to manuever around to get back.
Also it would be better when you zoom to a selected unit that the default camera position be near ground level, behind the unit but level with the ground so that you are looking past the unit at the horizon instead of a position above and behind the unit looking down and seeing nothing but the unit and the ground.

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »

Also it would be better when you zoom to a selected unit that the default camera position be near ground level, behind the unit but level with the ground so that you are looking past the unit at the horizon instead of a position above and behind the unit looking down and seeing nothing but the unit and the ground.

^^^^
I would like that too.

What I generally end up doing is once I hit the camera button or Q hot key to go to a selected unit is hit the Q hot key again and then the L hot key(I changed my hot key for leveling the camera to the L hot key)This puts the camera level and slightly behind the commander of that unit.

Also I get some lag with the camera in the beginning of a battle but not so much later in the battle(I don't know why)I also get a few occasional camera hiccups every now and then during the course of the battle,this can be somewhat annoying but not extremely since it doesn't happen often.

My camera speed is usually around 7-8 and I use the arrow buttons and mouse scroll to manipulate the camera.I very rarely manipulate the camera with the screen perimeter control.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:44:20 PM by Dane49 » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »

^^^^

What I generally end up doing is once I hit the camera button or Q hot key to go to a selected unit is hit the Q hot key again and then the L hot key(I changed my hot key for leveling the camera to the L hot key)This puts the camera level and slightly behind the commander of that unit.

Good idea.  I'll try that one myself.

Bring back 3D markers!
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »

^^^^

Good idea.  I'll try that one myself.

Yeah,it works well enough.
But like what you mentioned I would like the camera to automatically default to that position when selecting the unit.
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 06:12:59 AM »

Sneaky Iranians Smiley

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 06:58:15 PM »

Ya the ai can be blind as crap at night or in sand storm.  If both.........like I have the feeling that was taken.  But that is insane close and not know each other is there.  Hay who is wispering in Farcie?  I thought we where all glorious Soviet solders and such/.   Undecided

Yabba dabba do
Tac Error
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »

It was clear night when I took those screenshots.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: