Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 08:27:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a little computer help. Trouble with APOS  (Read 6528 times)
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« on: December 09, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »

I noticed that lately my game has been lagging and that I am getting a frame rate drop. Also, and more evident, there is a slightly blurry section on my screen while moving the camera around. It is like a thin line from side to side slightly blurry and not necessarily always in the same location. Also, last night my screen went black for just a split second (real quick)and did so again with the game minimized and viewing the net. Once I closed the game there were no more black screens.

Do graphics card degenerate? Something is not right here and it is rather sudden. Is there a setting on my card that I should look at.

Thanks in advance.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »

This may not help a bit, BUT..........

With recent patches the quality of graphics has improved in certain areas.  Video setting you may have used priviously may not be the best now. 

And you vid card can indeed take a crap.   Usually in a rather sudden death.  But not likly. 

Yabba dabba do
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »

It has happened recently and I haven't changed any in game settings. Does that blurry section denote any specific problem that you are aware of?  I noticed that it is doing it slightly right now on my screen while the game is minimized and scrolling fast on a web page.

Any ideas? I'm not very tech savvy.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »

It has happened recently and I haven't changed any in game settings. Does that blurry section denote any specific problem that you are aware of?  I noticed that it is doing it slightly right now on my screen while the game is minimized and scrolling fast on a web page.

Any ideas? I'm not very tech savvy.

Not a clue.  never heard or seen such a thing.  What sort of vid card.  maybe others have seen this?  A driver issue perhaps?  Or even video card setting thats gone bonkers? 

Yabba dabba do
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »

It is a GTX 570 EVGA Superclocked.

Hmmmm. Time for some detective work because this aint good.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »

I play this game on my laptop with a 22" monitor hook up.(Not the best for this game)

I usually like to use all the realistic and optimal settings for the best visual graphics,but it really is a heavy demand for the set up I have.

Any battles with more than a company on each side will drop my frps,also I find that the Summer map puts a heavy drain on my frps as well.

If I want to play the larger battles I have to alter my settings and cut out some of the max or optimal settings such as shaders,high grass and vegitation details etc...

Since I normally play QBs with no more than 4-5 platoons on each side my game plays pretty good with no noticable problems,but I really have got to scale back the graphic settings when playing the campaigns as thay are much more demading on my PC set up.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

It is a GTX 570 EVGA Superclocked.

Hmmmm. Time for some detective work because this aint good.

Turn the clock settings down abit, with it being "superclocked" it maybe clocked to much..heat is what slowly destorys CPU's and GPU's keep the heat down...check the GPU temp when the game is running...maybe over heating.

May also be your monitor...
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 01:35:48 AM »

Well it is names superclock and it is still at factory settings. I guess there are programs that display the temp or is it something that had to be installed with the computer? I'll look at it more tomorrow.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 02:45:52 AM »

PSU problems also cause all types of symptoms. 

Bring back 3D markers!
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »

True if your PSU hasn't enough watts to power the card etc you could experience trouble.

You need around a 650 watt or more these days..

Temp should be seen through your graphics card software where you can change the AA settings etc..
Missouri_Rebel
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 03:51:16 AM »

I don't think it is the PSU as I use a 1000w Thermaltake Gold. I actually think I have a dust issue. My fans are covered pretty good in it and my push/pull processor cooler is covered also. I hope I didn't do any damage to the processor.

A couple questions if you will.

1)I have a Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler. Do I have to take the whole thing out just to clean the heat sinks? They have quite a bit of dust on them.

2) I installed MSI Afterburner. It is showing me of having a top temp at 87 degrees C. and hovers around the mid 70's in game. What is a safe temp and what is getting too hot?

3) should I be wary of using compressed air to clean the fans and inside?

4) Is it advisable to overclock the GPU and increase the Core Clock and Memory Clock if I can keep the heat down?

5) Is it safe to not use the auto fan speed and instead increase the speed manually, where it will stay at all times?

Again thanks
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »

I think some of the guys on the SF42 thread may be more knowledgable about that you might try asking on that forum.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 06:09:24 AM »

I would never advocate overclocking any component.  It comes from the factory fast enough.  You are just risking a burn out. 
I have used compressed air many times to blow the dust bunnies out of my pc, including the cpu cooler and fans.  Just hold the fan blades so the fan does not overspeed.
A q-tip with a little rubbing alchohol is good for getting the built up dust off the fan blades.  Just make sure you ground yourself before working inside the case.

Bring back 3D markers!
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »

What Tanker says..a can of compressed air...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: