Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 01:43:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Unpacking/Packing Files  (Read 18621 times)
benpark
Hauptmann

« on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »

This thread will be my attempts at deciphering the packing and un-packing of files so that graphics/sounds/operations/models can be accessed for editing.

Quoting Flashburn from another thread:

"Ok this might be tricky.  I have not been able (have not really tried) to open a compiled campack file.  if all you want to do is simply add to the list reinforcements.  Start with the unflat command....Copy paste the DLC .campack2 file (have not gotten it yet....your fast.) to users/modwork use unflat on the campack .....it will not show in the pull down window so change it to all files.  It will un pack the campaign.  All tools are in docs/modwork folder.  need to convert cfg files to to readable.............top one in folder."

I'm putting the editing of the existing operation on hold temporarily, in order to figure out how to simply un-pack the files.

So- I'm in the "APOS/docs/modwork" folder.  I have looked at the manual.  I'm still befuddled by the system of unpacking the files using the "unflat" and "mkflat" command script programs. 

I have copied "speech_rus.flatdata" to the "modwork/flatwork" folder just run a test on unpacking, as I suspect there are sound files for Russian speech within.  I run "unflat" by double clicking, and select the "speech_rus.flatdata" file in the pop-up window, and press "open".  Nothing happens.

I tried creating a folder "my_addon", and placing it in the "users" folder (it says this will be created in the manual), that didn't help.

So, what am I doing wrong?  Thanks for the help, and hopefully this will aid others in creating modifications.  I see some interesting things happening in the Russian language forums, so hopefully we can contribute as well.

randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »

Check the APOS/out/i_unflat.log      It'll tell you if there was a problem and where it unpacked to.
benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

I don't have an "i_unflat.log" in there, unfortunately.  I did run unflat many times trying to unpack, though.
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »

the Campack2 files are the operations correct?  How are they unpacked so I can see/edit an existing operation?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:52:53 PM »

Ok ya campack2 2 is campaigns.  flatpack is compressed like a zip file. 

OOOOOOOOO can you give url to the russian forum.  Want to make sure I dont duplicate stuff.

Yabba dabba do
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »

So is it possible to edit the existing operations/campaigns?
benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D180

Off to the movies. I'll revisit on return....
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »

So is it possible to edit the existing operations/campaigns?

I think it MIGHT be possible but not easy.  Adding units to squads is not much of a problem.  But a major edit....ererrrrrrr maybe but not sure.  honestly easier to make a new campaign then unpack, then edit.  At least thats as far as Ive gotten.

Yabba dabba do
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »

Id think to learn the in's and out's of making operations in the editor, it would be helpful to see how Graviteam did it.  I swear I never understand why developers encrypt or pack textures, sounds, missions, etc.  Its seems counterproductive to the long life (and income) of a game.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »

I could be wrong but I think its just packed for ease of processing.

Big companys with retards with lots of suits and ties seem to think mods and user content cuts into sales.  They are retarded.   

Yabba dabba do
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »

Andrey can you shed any light on how to unpack the operations that come with the game?
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »

Ok it looks like the way to unpack the campaigns is to change their file extension from .campack2 to .flatdata and run the flat util.  duh!!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »

oh thats what you where asking!  Oh, ya that will do it but all you have to do is use unflat then change file type to all files.   Tongue

Yabba dabba do
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »

haha yeah that would be easier.
Ok now I notice while it does unpack the files it doesnt make something that you can open with the op editor.

I guess if Graviteam doesnt want to let us edit their scenarios for whatever reason then really if they just gave us the source files for one scenario then we could use that to use as an example for other scenarios.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:54:28 PM by randall.flagg » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »

you can add the unit structure.  but the nodes and ai flags.....no.  At least not with out alot of work. 

Yabba dabba do
benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 01:34:16 AM »

Okay, back at it. 

I can't get the unflat to unpack anything.  I have-

1. Set up a folder "users/modwork/my_addon". 

2. Made a copy of "01_02_07_volokonovka_ger.campack2" from the new addon (placing it in my "users/modwork/my_addon" directory)

3. Ran unflat and selected the "01_02_07_volokonovka_ger.campack2" in the popup selection window

4. Selected view all file types, and noticed the contents of the file are now visible

5. Tried selecting individual files, as well as the file itself and pressed "open"

6. Checked both folders ("my_addon" and "modworks") for the exploded contents, both are empty.  There is also no text record in the "out" folder

Odd?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 01:43:17 AM »

odd folder is just for error messgaes when you compile campaigns...er I think Grin

Gawd I love having 2 monitors, one to work on one to be a nerd.  LOL.  Ok thats not important....random thought.

Ok so you run unflat....nothing happens at all?  No file structure? 

Yabba dabba do
benpark
Hauptmann

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

Yeah, nada, no beans, nothing.  I could swear I heard some faint number crunching happening from the computer, but no luck.

Should the "modwork" folder only have unflat and mkflat in it? 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:48:40 AM by benpark » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »

Just your copied campaign you want to unpack.  run the .cmd files from where they where.  that might be the problem.  Basicly those call on programs buried into the game structure.   I would think it would work there too..........but er ya. Tongue

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »

YA DONT do that lol just tried that.  no go

Yabba dabba do
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: