Graviteam
May 16, 2024, 05:56:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panzer III Cockpit: Here we go  (Read 16663 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 07:28:47 AM »

Yes I did but since I am  a pragmatic result-oriented person ( Grin) my question is for example: how did you  model the Panzer III interior????Did you do it from a photogrpah of a real one????Did you then transpose somehow the photograph into the Objects Editor and make your model out of it?Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 07:57:19 AM »

Yes I did but since I am  a pragmatic result-oriented person ( Grin) my question is for example: how did you  model the Panzer III interior????Did you do it from a photogrpah of a real one????Did you then transpose somehow the photograph into the Objects Editor and make your model out of it?Huh?

For some of the dimensions, I used a thumb.  Cheesy Low-tech but very effective.

Good luck!

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 02:15:44 AM »

Hi everyone!

A little edutainment with a historical flavour for you today.

Have you been wondering about the spinning thingy in the driver view? The one that gives you the compass heading like a clock.
The yellow dial seems to spin freely whenever you turn the vehicle, but the black dial never seems to do anything?
Well, you can actually work the black dial using the 'H' and 'J' keys. 'H' to move it forward 30 minutes (15 degrees, actually) and 'J' to move it back.

For example:
Untouched and pristine.
However, with 3 taps of the 'H' key...

That black dial is a sort of memory-aid to the driver about his assigned course heading! Very useful when you're preoccupied with things like avoiding ditches and swamps!  Wink
Okay, that's it for today - play around with the settings and have fun! Bye!

p.s. Some of you may be grumbling about the lack of historical content. Here you go, read up! ---> http://tiger1.info/EN/Gyrocompass.html

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »

Excellent work on the kurskreisel Kyth. and very much appreciated.

The upper dial was set to the desired direction and the lower dial is attached to a gyroscope so remains true.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

A sort of primitive GPS....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: