Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 11:01:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on AI  (Read 4918 times)
oho
Oberleutnant

« on: March 13, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »

I don't have enough experience with it until now, so I'm curious what's your experience on the AI.
On defencive deployment,
- does it use LOS calculation to find a good spot for AT-guns for example?
- does it use ambush?
- does it use terrain (border of woods) and houses.

On offensive
- does it use flanking manouvers?
- does it use fire comanders moving to detect the enemy and then designate targets?
I experienced some artillery going somewhere on an empty field once.

Perhaps Andrej can also give us some insight in the algorithms?
What changed since last summer?
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »

AI also fires artillery blindly on suspected enemy locations  (at least flags).

One thing I don't understand is the logic why AI sometimes fires artillery on neutral flags in the beginning of tactical battle when it's impossible for player to have units there. I don't know if this was changed in the march patch, however.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »

I don't have enough experience with it until now, so I'm curious what's your experience on the AI.
On defencive deployment,
- does it use LOS calculation to find a good spot for AT-guns for example?
- does it use ambush?
- does it use terrain (border of woods) and houses.
On offensive
- does it use flanking manouvers?
- does it use fire comanders moving to detect the enemy and then designate targets?

AI does not work as a human and all of these things (ambush, LOS, woods etc) it does not make any sense for it.
AI chooses positions and movements based on: their plans, the proposed action of the enemy (user), the balance of forces and by the landscape classificator.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »

One thing I don't understand is the logic why AI sometimes fires artillery on neutral flags in the beginning of tactical battle when it's impossible for player to have units there. I don't know if this was changed in the march patch, however.

AI do not look to user forces and areas, and initially knows only three things: the our flags, approx directions on enemies and the approximate strength of the enemy in numerical terms (two numbers).

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
oho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »

thanks andrej.
One more question:
Does AI react during the battle, and tries to flank after detecting the enemy?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »

thanks andrej.
One more question:
Does AI react during the battle, and tries to flank after detecting the enemy?

Play enough and you will find out...........  Tongue  Hopefully nothing to evil.   

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »

I find in Quick battles if you set the battles to 2-3 hours the AI will use flanking manuevers more often,but if you set them to 1 hour or less than they usually take a head on approach to capture their objectives.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »

I find in Quick battles if you set the battles to 2-3 hours the AI will use flanking manuevers more often,but if you set them to 1 hour or less than they usually take a head on approach to capture their objectives.

same as campaigns...........   BOY can that be a SUPRISE! 

Yabba dabba do
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »

AI do not look to user forces and areas, and initially knows only three things: the our flags, approx directions on enemies and the approximate strength of the enemy in numerical terms (two numbers).

I was referring to this (see AI firing artillery on ETA1. AI also fired arty there earlier in the battle):
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3515983/APOS_SABOW_Suggestion_squad_an#Post3515983

Why to shoot neutral flag in the beginning of tactical battle (after initial deployment during first ~2 minutes)? It's not possible for player to have units there.   Tongue
Flanker15
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »

I can understand the AI blind firing onto flags at the start of the match, but after they're presented with some real targets they still seem very eager to waste the rest of their shells on the same empty flags.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: