Graviteam
May 13, 2024, 09:13:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustration!  (Read 12152 times)
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« on: August 25, 2013, 11:36:11 PM »

This could be a great sim...but it is ruined by several things.

My JSGME ...on the left my 1.5/1.6 install...on the right my 2.0 install

Since yesterday i have been getting CTD from various missions and enabling/disabling various mods..

Sometimes it CTD when loading...sometimes a few minutes into a mission...sometimes a long time into a mission........... BUT the re is no knowing WHY!!
With il2 sturmovik you can check the log file to get an idea what caused the CTD...but there is nothing like that....just a white screen with that stupid unhelpful 'error' xxx000111 ..bullshit...that tells us nothing.

We have sound mods and hit sounds and english sounds etc. and it is getting confusing trying to know where the problem lies..... mod 1.5 ; UU, 1.6; fis this....fix that. 2.0.;2.1
What a bloody mess!

I think this is what drives people to give up.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »

Don't give up.  Smiley

There's something to be said about having a stable mod version that can be relied upon every time. Presumably a one-stop 'mega-mod' installation. But it's a trade-off, you'd have to be willing to forgo the latest frills,   

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:08:07 AM »

Sometimes it CTD when loading...sometimes a few minutes into a mission...sometimes a long time into a mission........... BUT the re is no knowing WHY!!
If CTD during mission, then one of the reason is incorrect format of the sound(mostly shots). I recommend - remove `hits tank sound` , `eng speech`and folder `sound` from the `fix_spm(nta_1.6)_01` and from spm(nta)1.6 then re-install.
And of course don't give up! I've lost my videocard during experiments, but still keep going Smiley

BTW
Right now u may check out a format of the sounds, i.e. shots sounds. It must be 44kHz,16bit,mono. I use  winamp for these purposes.

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »

Fabian fred, one key lesson I have learned with SF is to make more than one installation. Make sure you have one for playing, one for mission making and one for testing new mods etc.. Also remember once you have a good, running version of the game you can copy it and paste into another drive to replace a corrupted one. That what |I do. I haven't done a clean install of the game more than once in the last 3 years.

Re new mods, my own method which is painstaking but almost always rewarding whenever there's a new mod rather than enabling it on top of others I copy all the new files; go, cd, text. textures, in the common res and common unit folders, tech_cfg into my game main data folders. Yes it's painstaking but then I have nothing but whether or mission mods to enable in my JSGME and I avoid file conflicts between several mod.

Tell us what your problem is and we will help! 
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »

After reinstalling...I can play without CTD with this...

but my menus are in Russian ...including the editors...what have I done wrong?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »

Oh that's very simple to fix. Just go into:data/k42/loc_rus/text:

In the text folder open with notepad each of the following:

loc_kit
Loc_kit_subs
Loc_kit_tools

Each should contain the following entry on the upper left side of the page:

loc_rus()

Just change it to: loc_eng() and save.

You'll see that all your menus, subtitles as well as your ME are now in English.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »

After reinstalling...I can play without CTD with this...
Sooner or later u'll get CTD, coz `hits_tank_sound` has errors Wink
And some missions are not compatible with SPM2.0, but if it works somehow - keep on rocking! Wink

fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »

Thank you  Grin
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 09:55:03 AM »

My mission menu and mission loading screens are still in Russian??
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »

My mission menu and mission loading screens are still in Russian??
Moonlight and vodka, takes me away,
Midnight in Moscow is lunchtime in L.A.,
Ooh play boys, play...

Grin Grin Grin

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »

That's odd! Checks the text files in the data folders of Steel Panzer 2.0 and the various mission MIssion Packs to see if they need to be changed. Normally though only the text files in your game main data folder needs to be changed for the change to be effective.
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 10:56:18 AM »

and my mission editor is Russian too  Cheesy
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »

It's cold gin time again! (c)  8)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »

Fabianfred when you changed your text files from loc_rus() to loc_eng() did you save before exiting the files? Because I had the same problems on my installs after downloading Russian-language mods form the tanksim.ru webpage and that worked for me .Everything is in English now?Huh?

OH! Another thing comes to mind. Fabian open your cd folder with notepad. Check the entries. The last entry at the bottom should read:

tex_pack9.datapack

If there's one below just delete it and save before exiting the file. That's another thing that can happen when you download Russian-language mods a new line is added automatically. I can't remember what it is but it's the first entry below the tex_pack9. It turns your whole game into Russian Grin ( it's an old KGB trick: how to turn everybody into double agents I guess....)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:13:16 PM by frinik » Logged
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 02:30:02 AM »

deleting that entry helped a bit...but in the ME still some items in the menus are in English and some in Russian... Huh?
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 05:20:20 AM »

In the same text folder try changing the SPM NTA1.3 units and SPM 1.5 units texts from loc_rus  to loc_eng and see if it helps. Actually you can do that for all units.text folders that you see there shouldn't be more than 4 or 5.
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:09 AM »

OK I seem to have got my menus back....

new problem..... I was trying my mission which uses the River of Doom map ...and it had no houses or bridge.... so I tried installing 1.7 on top of my 2.0/ 2.0 fix 5.1 ... it works Ok and the map is OK....but now my Tiger 1 will not allow me to raise/lower the gun barrel as a gunner??

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »

There's a fix for that; it was posted a couple of days ago by Lockie. Here it is;

With fixing old errors I put in the game a new ones, which worked without problems before Cheesy
So, make a quick fix or barrel of the Tiger won't move.
Entry:
...\data\k42\loc_rus\levels\levels\common\common_res.engcfg
tzf9b,tzf9ba,tzf9bb,,tzf9bc,cross,2,17,2.5,2.5,2.1,0,0,1,true,0xc0202020,0x60402020,0x20e0d080,2.3,false,3,-0.22,0,0,0,0,1.8,false,false,0,0,-20;

change for
tzf9b,tzf9ba,tzf9bb,,tzf9bc,cross,2,17,2.5,2.5,2.1,0,0,1,true,0xc0202020,0x60402020,0x20e0d080,2.3,true,3,-0.22,0,0,0,0,1.8,false,false,0,0,-20;

Make change only with `Notepad` or `Notepad++`.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:46:51 PM by lockie » 

BTW: It pays to read the various posts on the forum to be up-to-date!!!!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:36:50 AM by frinik » Logged
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »

Thanks again....I do try to read all the posts....but do not always understand them or connect to my present problems  Embarrassed
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 10:34:47 AM »

but now my Tiger 1 will not allow me to raise/lower the gun barrel as a gunner??
This is my `new` mistake  Grin
U may d/l a quick fix:
http://www.4shared.com/file/LW8JQmkr/fix_su122_mp1.html
It supposed to fix 4 missions, but also help in er case.
And I have another suspicion abt mystic `98%` error. I think smth. wrong with file polygon.datapack. I found out at 100% that mentioned error had place only with a new objects (stone bridge, gates etc). I'll prepare a fix_object and give u a link to check out.

PS
Also, at first time I installed SPM2.0 as a base for the NTA mod and it was good enough, but sooner I found too many mistakes and had to refuse.
There are a rumors that Frinik prepare to all of us a good surprise - he is working to join all mods in one bottle! It'll be NTA1.7 beta Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: