Graviteam
May 14, 2024, 10:24:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger  (Read 3615 times)
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« on: April 05, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »

I'm in the middle of the battle SW of Taranovka, playing as Soviets. One km from my positions is a Tiger tank, immobilized from air strikes. There is probably an enemy infantry squad nearby.

My forces consist of 3 Matilda tanks (one of them CS variant), one 45m AT gun and some battered up infantry.

Would you say that those forces have any chance of destroying that Tiger? Due to the distance, only my tanks could realy attack, I don't think it's practical to push an AT gun so far.

Or should I just accept the ceasefire?

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

I've only gotten lucky taking out a Tiger twice in campaigns on that map.

Once with a ATR squad and regular squad in a 2 story building when the ATR squad immobilized the tiger next to the building and the rifle squad pelted the rear deck with KS bottles and the other time when I concentrated a whole platoon of 45mm AT guns on a lone Tiger.

I've never been able to repeat any of those episodes in subsequent campaigns or QBs.
kuri
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »

Can you flank the thing? Get really close to it while not exposing your own tanks?
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 06:54:25 PM »

Those Matildas are really slow.
kuri
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »

Those Matildas are really slow.
Yeah. Plus they don't really pack much of a punch. The only way i'd try it is if the terrain allowed me to get really, really close on it's flanks or rear.
topnik
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 10:20:14 PM »

I started a few quick battles with similar forces, which always ended with Matildas being masacred. So I accepted the ceasefire  Grin

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »

Matildas are an infantry support tank, not very good in the AT role unless your going up against lights.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: