Graviteam
May 15, 2024, 11:13:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: couple of questions regarding the campaign  (Read 18054 times)
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

Yes I have all the patches/updates installed.

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »

Yes I have all the patches/updates installed.

Wait, but in all the operations with patch, you can put a few platoons (up to 4) in a one square.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »

Do i have to press a certain key to get two units to share the same hex in Operations menu? I tried again last night but it still swaps the two units around rather than sharing. I tried shift whilst clicking but that didnt work.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »

Do i have to press a certain key to get two units to share the same hex in Operations menu? I tried again last night but it still swaps the two units around rather than sharing. I tried shift whilst clicking but that didnt work.

If two nodes in a square, you can put two platoons (one to each node), if node count is 3 - 3 platoons, and etc. If one node, only one platoon.

We do not have hexes in the game.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »

If two nodes in a square, you can put two platoons (one to each node), if node count is 3 - 3 platoons, and etc. If one node, only one platoon.

Why cannot we put more units. Lets assume we need to defend a village for oncoming assault what is the problem having more unit in certain location???Which kind a joy killer as some times battles become dull because few number of platoons available.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »

Why cannot we put more units. Lets assume we need to defend a village for oncoming assault what is the problem having more unit in certain location???Which kind a joy killer as some times battles become dull because few number of platoons available.

Because the computer's power is limited. At key points you can put three or four platoons.  As inconvenient, forests and swamps only one. The enemy is in exactly the same conditions - plan your actions more carefully.

Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »

Because the computer's power is limited. At key points you can put three or four platoons.  As inconvenient, forests and swamps only one. The enemy is in exactly the same conditions - plan your actions more carefully.

Fair enough especially computer power is convincing. But this is a simulation which i should be able to do everything that can happen or happened in real life. Hopefully when we have stronger computers  you will reconsider it
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »

by 'hex' i mean one of your 'nodes'  Wink

oh so, it is still one unit per node then. That would be my one critisicm of this brilliant sim, that the great looking realistic maps are often far too empty of units. Knowing the size of Russia and how thin units were often spread to cover ground, then perhaps this is realistic but it does seem weird that a town the size of Taranovka has just the odd platoon roaming around. It just feels a bit 'empty'. Taranovka was surely held by at least a battalion ?

Even the siege of Cholm had 2000 men approximately, surrounded in a small town.

You say computer power limits force sizes but cant you put in an options choice for unit sizes? Like Medieval/Napoleonic Total war series where you can choose to have small/large/huge unit sizes. My pc hasnt shown slightest slow down in any battle so far. (i5 3.3ghz, GTX460 card, 8gb ram) so i could have had battles with a few companies involved rather than just a couple of platoons.

Not moaning, just asking  Kiss

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

by 'hex' i mean one of your 'nodes'
No Smiley Hex its a square - in our game up to 4 node and 4 platoons.

oh so, it is still one unit per node then. That would be my one critisicm of this brilliant sim, that the great looking realistic maps are often far too empty of units. Knowing the size of Russia and how thin units were often spread to cover ground, then perhaps this is realistic but it does seem weird that a town the size of Taranovka has just the odd platoon roaming around. It just feels a bit 'empty'. Taranovka was surely held by at least a battalion ?
Now (with december 2011 patch), men count is same like in reality (if we know it). In Taranovka (march43) defence 9 coys (regiment) with support from Red Army, and approx 2 regiments from German side.

Even the siege of Cholm had 2000 men approximately, surrounded in a small town.
2000 men it's smallar than in Taranovka defence operation.
Taranovka it's not a town - it's a village.

You say computer power limits force sizes but cant you put in an options choice for unit sizes?
In option available radius of battles. By default in middle value (approx 12-17 platoons in battle).

Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »

Do you mean 'Limit battle radius'? it gives me option of moderate, no limits or limited.  Its currently set at 'moderate' in mine.  I thought that meant map size in battle rather than units  Undecided  So if i set that to 'no limits' what happens?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »

Do you mean 'Limit battle radius'? it gives me option of moderate, no limits or limited.  Its currently set at 'moderate' in mine.  I thought that meant map size in battle rather than units  Undecided  So if i set that to 'no limits' what happens?
All platoons from 3x3 squares around battle point get into a combat.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: