Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 10:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The blue box request  (Read 13756 times)
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 09:31:24 PM »

Yes i noticed the Blue bar and points. Interesting. Though they will turn off with the UI?
The game play only gets better and better. I cant wait for the realistic communications.
Will squads without any comms not recieve any given orders and just stay put?
Obviously this will not effect any unit with a working radio.
I know armoured units sometimes used flags or flares.

Its only the Boxes and icons that i find off putting.
I wonder how many representatives of publishers actually bought the game!

How about small mods in the form of "Game Updates" that could be available to buy seperately?
That would keep the publishers happy if youre making money! Grin

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »

Its only the Boxes and icons that i find off putting.
I wonder how many representatives of publishers actually bought the game!

Unfortunately they determine whether the game is actually sold or not. So even if no copy is bought, but given the "green light" is not too bad.
Imagine that the game dont have BB, but you can not buy it and as a result not play  Grin

How about small mods in the form of "Game Updates" that could be available to buy seperately?
That would keep the publishers happy if youre making money! Grin
Its too hardcore for any e-shop Cheesy

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

Yes no APOS would be a bad thing!
Although my girlfriend would probably disagree.
Maybe im just to hardcore then? lol.
I know you have your hands tied.

Hopefully someone reading this could make a mod.

Thank you for your replies.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 09:50:06 PM »

So your getting rid of squad icons and no BB?
No, squad icon is over vehicle or commander, but personnel may go to far distance, we need to show where all of it, if selected.

Sometimes I feel you change things that don't need changing and this BB is one of them..the old way was the best.
Old way (planar outlines) was caused many complaints, current is less than old, but newest way (from next patch) may be better.

Not sure why you got complaints with the old way of things..but I'm sure this blue box will cause even more..All I wnat is an option to get rid of the blue box and have a choice of icon over every soldier or Unit icon. Wish you'd just go back to the old way..the fact the blue boxes stand up from the ground makes it look strange and obtrusive..
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »

wodin,
It would appear that this is what the publishers want, as no icons or blue box is abit to hardcore, ie wont appeal to as many people.
And andrey has to work within certain guidelines, and so has his hands tied on this issue.

Im afraid i do not know enough to make a mod to sort this out.
But if someone did...... id send them a Christmas card and my thanks! Wink
nuNce
Oberleutnant

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »

I love the unit icons, my problem is that they are a bit confusing because they miss the squad icon, which immediately gives you information on what team it is and who is leading it.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »

I'm confused which is the unit icon and which the squad icon? I want the one with the name of the leader with no blue box...
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 09:25:01 AM »

What about autnum maps, or desert or savannah - for each is unique color?
Oh no.
Have consciences  Grin
I don't believe we have any autumn, desert, or savanah maps. (hint Wink )

Capt Sam
Major

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 03:12:23 PM »

If I were in your place, I am do not worry about the BB, but worry about a blue bar and blue points, which you can see on the screen with renewed iface which I have post on this forum  Grin

What is the blue bar?

I'm hoping, perhaps unrealistically, that it is a rolling game recorder that can rewind and re-play a small amount of time?  Well, that's a little much to hope for, but I can't imagine what it is.  (Forgive me if it has already been mentioned elsewhere.)

As far as the blue boxes, I like them, since I only select units when I want to give orders, and I like seeing where all the squad members are.  Maybe it is a good idea to set in the options whether to display them or not. 
lavish
Oberst

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »

If I were in your place, I am do not worry about the BB, but worry about a blue bar and blue points, which you can see on the screen with renewed iface which I have post on this forum  Grin

What is the blue bar?

I'm hoping, perhaps unrealistically, that it is a rolling game recorder that can rewind and re-play a small amount of time?  Well, that's a little much to hope for, but I can't imagine what it is.  (Forgive me if it has already been mentioned elsewhere.)

Difficult to say, but may have something to do with communication ranges and dispersion/distances between units within or outside of that range.

Replay would require lot's of data saving in this kind of game, so I doubt it.

But who knows.  Smiley
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »

What is the blue bar?
#43 in patch note

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: