Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 09:18:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Jason D Mark book coming soon..  (Read 2971 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: June 27, 2013, 11:32:52 PM »

I have a fairly extensive Military history library mainly covering WW1 but still a fair collection of WW2 books many covering the East front and I can say with certainty Jason's book Island of Fire about the attack on the Barricady Factory sits as my No1 book, not only for military history but my No1 book full stop.

Now coming soon is "Into Oblivion – Kharkov to Stalingrad: The Story of Pionier-Bataillon 305" . This battalion is covered in Island of Fire and in away you can say this is the prequel to island of Fire

I will say the books aren't cheap, however I wouldn't part with my copy of island of fire once out of print for any money, it's my prize posession.So I have no doybts at all this new book is going to be as superb as his previous books. I usually ask my Mum and Dad to get me on for Xmas (well I have done for his Cholm book and for other expensive books in the past and I will do for this upcoming book).

Anyway I can't recommend his books enough. If you have any interest at all in WW2 then they are must reads and must owns no matter the price. I can't think of anytthing else I could recommend with such certainty.

http://www.leapinghorseman.com/proddetail.php?prod=9780992274900&cat=5
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 04:36:34 PM »

I've always wanted those books but the price turned me off Cry

A decent book about the battles depicted with most of the initial campaigns for this game is "Last victory in Russia 1943" by George M. Nipe.

Very good for putting all the battles for the 3rd battle of Kharkov into perspective.

There should be a few sites with free PDF copies online somewhere.
Definitely one of my favorite books about these battles around Kharkov in the winter of 1943.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »

Are expensive..ask for one as a pressie for Xmas? Remember once out of print the price sky rockets..so see them as an investment aswell.

However when I get down to it they are worth every penny. I'd rather have one of his books for 10 other books by different authors...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: