Graviteam
May 11, 2024, 09:39:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: JagdTiger [Released, Page1]  (Read 106132 times)
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2011, 02:45:18 AM »

It might be a good idea to start out doing the camo pattern and checking it in the Object Editor
- to find any gaps, misalignments or imbalances in the coverage.
That's quite a time-consuming thing, I find.
Be sure to save any changes to the camo in its own layer and keep backup copies - I hope I'm making sense?

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2011, 04:12:40 AM »

It might be a good idea to start out doing the camo pattern and checking it in the Object Editor
- to find any gaps, misalignments or imbalances in the coverage.
That's quite a time-consuming thing, I find.
Be sure to save any changes to the camo in its own layer and keep backup copies - I hope I'm making sense?

yep Smiley My object editor seems to be broken though; I can't get any of the vehicles to come up without a CTD..

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

First try Cheesy

Provocative signature removed
whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »

First try Cheesy

Nicely done. Can I send you mine? I can't seem to get it pulled up Sad

lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »

Nicely done. Can I send you mine?
Thanks!
This is just a first one try, it must be adjusted. When I'll be satisfied vs textures, I'll upload them.
 At this moment I don't like a roller's textures.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:12:59 PM by lockie » Logged

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »

Someone knows if there is any specific made commandersight for germans? Im fixing all sights on it know and got the gunners sight cap working, and also the commanders but i want another sight for it. Like it was on the real ones!

The real heroes are those that never came back.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2011, 07:57:18 AM »

Someone knows if there is any specific made commandersight for germans?
I've 8 books(*.pdf) devoted to JT and none of them has ANY reticle description Sad

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »

well, i think its more of a standard issue periscope for commanders to aquire targets unbuttoned etc etc. Not a Jagdtiger only thing.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »

I spent three hours scouring the internet looking for pcis of the Jagdtiger reticle.NO Luck!!!!! Angry

Out of despair I checked the vids on youtube and happen to stumbe on a vid of the Jagdtiger In Red Orchestra's " Darkest Hour".It's exactly like the Elefant's .Actually it seems to me reading an article saying that Elefant, Jagdtiger and may be Jagdpanzer IV( not sure what version) shared the same gunsight.Why not use the Elefant"s?It's already in the game.
murkz
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »

If we are doing this one correctly, can we please do the JagdPanther correctly as well ?

I posted a screenie a few days ago Smiley

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »

Thanks Mukrz that's exactly the one I am talking about.On the other hand, the JT reticle in Panzer Elite looks vaguely like the Panzer III/IV one.I checked Forgotten Hope but couldn't find A JT.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »

The reticle for JT will be like this one:

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »

Yes, The gunner sight is fixed already by lockie, We decided to choose the same sight as on the stug/elefant/jagdpanther. Only slightly modified to fit the different trajectory for the 12.8cm gun. But ive decided to postpone the commander sight atm. Untill i find another solution for it Tongue

whukid
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »

I have a summer-style skin up Smiley It's just a start, so let me know your criticisms. On the right is a picture of my primary resource.

EDIT:

ACHTUNG! JAGDTIGER ANKOMMEN!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:45:28 AM by whukid » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2011, 04:04:33 AM »

Wow! JS-2 fans start soiling your underwear! Grin

But was the JT ever deployed on the East front? By all accounts it was not a very impressive vehicle in terms of combat record. Shortages of fuel, green, untrained crews, too heavy and prone to breakdowns, hunted by Jabos and artillery all gave it poor combat results.

Donken what´s the problem with the commander sights?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2011, 04:13:24 AM »

But was the JT ever deployed on the East front? By all accounts it was not a very impressive vehicle in terms of combat record. Shortages of fuel, green, untrained crews, too heavy and prone to breakdowns, hunted by Jabos and artillery all gave it poor combat results.

I think that would depend whether the battles in Hungary, Austria and on the Oder are considered 'East front' anymore  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »

Good work whukid. It gets better =)

Wow! JS-2 fans start soiling your underwear! Grin

Donken what´s the problem with the commander sights?

Ive just read "Tigers in the Mud" by Otto Carius and he wasnt impressive at all by the tank Undecided Probably one of the biggest wastes in the whole war for germans. But still the sexiest and biggest and meanest tank in the whole war 8) The only impressive thing about it is it took out shermans at 4km range ^^ And also the widely known thing Otto Carius did, He knocked out a tank shooting throu a building. That is also pretty fantastic.

Kyth pretty much sums up where the Jagdtigers where stationed, In my opinion it wasnt on the east front.

And about the sight, I cant get it to work like the gunners sight when the cap is closed. Pz4 is a good example of how all caps should work. And i also looking for a commander specific sight. Range finder type kind of. But if there arent any sight for that i scrap the plans for that commanders sight =)

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2011, 06:26:39 AM »

O n the Oder and hunagry?Are you sure Kyth?Austria I knew.

Yes a complete waste of resources.Would have bene better rather produce 175 or so Elefants and JTs to make an extra 175 Jagdpanthers or Jagdpanzer IV L/70 or even TigerII!

Re the 4000 metre kill I am sceptical.Without on board computers and range finders  even with the best optics of the World(Zeiss) I think killing or even spotting a tank at those ranges would be virtually impossible.2000 to up to 2500 metres yes but that would be the utter practical limit.At 2500 metres the Pxgr39/43 had only 32% chance of hitting the target!
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2011, 06:33:46 AM »

Im gonna show you a source (googling atm) but if my memory is correct it was Albert Ernst in s.Pz.Abteilung 512 1st company (you have probably heard of the Jagdtigers that surrendered at iserlohn, that was he and his company). It was the longest kill in the whole war.

EDIT: Google for Jagdtiger albert ernst and you got lots of hits about "several 4km hits".

And one more thing, i found info about the commander sight. it was a sight called S.F.14.Z (scissor periscope) it is a sight used by the artillery crews. That also explains why they could spot at 4km range. And the wzf 2/7 sight was graded 0-8km range for Spr.Gr and 0-4km for Pz.Gr.43 I couldnt find pictures of it thou Sad
And this means im not going to use a special sight for the commander. Its not possible to use it as i want in the game. So commanders sight is only going to be standard sights!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:53:25 AM by Donken » Logged

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2011, 06:46:21 AM »

NO need Donken thanks! I have read the account as I have read about a Nashorn killing a Sov tank at 3500 metres and Koerner taking out 39 Js-2s and T34s at more than 3 kils but I am still sceptical about the actual distance involved substract 1000 metres or more to the kills and I can believe it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: