Graviteam
May 02, 2024, 06:10:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions regarding the future of SABOW.  (Read 20723 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 02:04:39 AM »

Cheesy totally agree Flashburn, but some how they did manage to get a lot of info on the M60  Wink

Thats not hard, they use m60s for reafs of the coast now =). But getting the needed info without spending a zillion bucks to do it......

Yabba dabba do
Tyockell18
Oberleutnant

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »

So for example, since interiors are very time consuming ect.  I think atleast with the T55's you could use mostly the T-62's compartments and just tweak outside views ect. accordingly?. 

While it wouldn't be 100% authentic it would be fairly close as they are quite similar design wise, minus main gun and the turret being widened and flattened.

Is this even possible and feasible?, Opinions?.  The T-55's need some love.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:34:57 AM by Tyockell18 » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 07:04:18 AM »

If you where to go hack N slash might as well dig up a copy of t72 Balkins on fire and use its t55 model.  At least Graviteam had a hand in that, ok all over that.  Would need an updated textures, and would be a bit clunky.  Honestly don't think you could get an editable model out of files.  Don't know, personally don't care.  Too much like hacking up someone elses work.  The farthest I would go would be textures.     

.............Or wait and see what happens.  Honestly IF Graviteam where to add more playable stuff (I HOPE SO, ILL GIVE THEM MONEY  Grin) I bet t55 would be up there on the list of things to do.  But then again they did have one in t72 Balkins on fire.  I vote BMP-1 lol.  But to each their own.  When I was a kid I had this poster thing of t62's, bmp's, and mig23/27.  It was neato, but back then it was all about US ww2 armor, and ww2 navy stuff with me. 

Wait, they should make an uber ACAV version of the 113.  Grin  Then my CAV side is happy.  One of the few bunch of folks out there who ever used the 113 really really aggressively. 

Yabba dabba do
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »

Interesting idea the ROF thing.  

For this we first need the money. Keyword - first  Grin.
Specifically, this game we do not sell, and money from its sales will not be to us.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tyockell18
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »

hmm I wish there was an efficient way to set up a fund towards something like this. 

I was not aware that gravi team doesnt get paid for SABOW sales?.  I feel crappy now, I specifically bought the game to support you guys because I love your products Sad.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:44:41 PM by Tyockell18 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »

We only sell English version of APOS by itself. Another (SF, SABOW) is same like subcontractors.
Tanksimulator is as expensive for us to make itself (partly because of the cockpits and animations for crews), only thought publisher.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Panzerfaust
Generalmajor

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 11:56:14 PM »

Well I did send a message to UGI Indie Games about getting some DLC for SaBoW. And I actually did get a response just got a feeling it's not what I asked about:

"Besten Dank für Ihre Anfrage / Supportanfrage / Mitteiung.

Ein Supportticket wurde erstellt. Die Nummer lautet: #XXXXX.
Wir nehmen so schnell wie möglich mit Ihnen Kontakt auf.

Sie können den Bearbeitungsstand des Tickets hier online verfolgen:
(sorry deleted this line as it was a link for something)

Wenn Sie weitere Informationen zum Ihrer Anfrage anbringen möchten,
öffnen Sie bitte kein weiteres Ticket sondern loggen Sie sich ein
und ergänzen Sie das Ticket (Ihre Anfrage/Supportfrage).

Support
UIG GmbH
www.uieg.de"

Ahhhh anyone speak German here?  Cheesy
Tyockell18
Oberleutnant

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 12:46:34 AM »

Well I did send a message to UGI Indie Games about getting some DLC for SaBoW. And I actually did get a response just got a feeling it's not what I asked about:

"Besten Dank für Ihre Anfrage / Supportanfrage / Mitteiung.

Ein Supportticket wurde erstellt. Die Nummer lautet: #XXXXX.
Wir nehmen so schnell wie möglich mit Ihnen Kontakt auf.

Sie können den Bearbeitungsstand des Tickets hier online verfolgen:
(sorry deleted this line as it was a link for something)

Wenn Sie weitere Informationen zum Ihrer Anfrage anbringen möchten,
öffnen Sie bitte kein weiteres Ticket sondern loggen Sie sich ein
und ergänzen Sie das Ticket (Ihre Anfrage/Supportfrage).

Support
UIG GmbH
www.uieg.de"

Ahhhh anyone speak German here?  Cheesy

Basically stating that they have made note of your support and interest in their game. They have made a support Ticket on your topic and you can keep up to date with it on the address they supplied you with.  No mention of any specifics ect. It is a generic reply, most likely automated.
Mechanicus_
Leutnant

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »

Andrey: It is frustrating to hear you do not make any money from the sales of English copies of SABOW - both SABOW and SF are great tank sims and entertaining games (which is also important!), and I would like to see more tank sims like them from Graviteam in future.

Self-publishing APOS seems to have worked quite well - are you planning to do that for all English versions of your games in the future?

The publishing deal does explain why patches for the English version of SABOW are so difficult - Graviteam is making them for free with absolutely no help from the publisher. Thank you for the effort! I hope you are able to continue providing us with new patches.

As others have mentioned, it would be really cool to see Graviteam take a similar approach to the Rise of Flight developers (777 Studios) - sell a very basic version of Achtung Panzer with a few scenarios for cheap (or even free as a demo) then sell scenario/vehicle packs as DLC directly to the customers. Perhaps you could even sell tank sim addons to this game - so you could pay $15 to drive the Tiger tank in the tactical battles? That would be such a unique game, there would be nothing else like it in the wargame/simulation genre.

A game like that, if promoted properly, could be extremely successful (almost nobody in the English language war gaming community even knows your great games exist!). To give an example of how profitable it might be - I bought SABOW on GamersGate for only $10 (which Graviteam didn't get anyway), but I have spent about $100 on planes and addons for Rise of Flight in the last 2 years (will probably be spending more) and it all went directly to the developers.

I know there is a language barrier, but you might want to consider contacting 777 Studios directly - they specifically say they are looking for business partners and want to help small simulation developers reach a global market, so might be able to help: http://777studios.net/About_Us/index.html

Anyway, thanks again for the great games Andrey and keep up the good work!

(P.S. I would pay lots of money for a driveable Chieftain in SABOW! and even more money for a Fulda Gap tank sim featuring M60, Chieftain, T-62 and T-72!)
johncage
Oberst

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »

from what i understand, graviteam only does historical scenarios. fantasy cold war gone hot might not be their cup of tea so to speak. if they included fulda gap, expect a lot of sitting around and watching the enemy through binoculars.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »

Andrey: It is frustrating to hear you do not make any money from the sales of English copies of SABOW - both SABOW and SF are great tank sims and entertaining games (which is also important!), and I would like to see more tank sims like them from Graviteam in future.
Its a real life  Roll Eyes

Self-publishing APOS seems to have worked quite well - are you planning to do that for all English versions of your games in the future?
No. We have rights only for APOS.

The publishing deal does explain why patches for the English version of SABOW are so difficult - Graviteam is making them for free with absolutely no help from the publisher. Thank you for the effort! I hope you are able to continue providing us with new patches.
No. It would be a violation of the law.

As others have mentioned, it would be really cool to see Graviteam take a similar approach to the Rise of Flight developers (777 Studios) - sell a very basic version of Achtung Panzer with a few scenarios for cheap (or even free as a demo) then sell scenario/vehicle packs as DLC directly to the customers. Perhaps you could even sell tank sim addons to this game - so you could pay $15 to drive the Tiger tank in the tactical battles?
Not so far. Vehicles and features will be free.
Lands and operations with a DLC.

I know there is a language barrier, but you might want to consider contacting 777 Studios directly - they specifically say they are looking for business partners and want to help small simulation developers reach a global market, so might be able to help: http://777studios.net/About_Us/index.html
777studios - its a Russian guys  Grin, we contact with them as a developer with the developer, but it does not make any money  Roll Eyes.

(P.S. I would pay lots of money for a driveable Chieftain in SABOW! and even more money for a Fulda Gap tank sim featuring M60, Chieftain, T-62 and T-72!)
I too bought this (because of Chieftain), although I do not like fictional stories. But, unfortunately, nobody does it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: