Graviteam
May 06, 2024, 04:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: ME question  (Read 187861 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2011, 09:58:46 AM »

Hi Hemi!

I got your mission and had the chance to play it only once and not completely because it was very late and had to go to bed.Still quite nice! My Tiger almost got maimed by the surprise artillery barrage on the road to Taranovka village.Retaking the village from the Soviets was not difficult just the pesky infantry that needs time to eliminated.All in all good fun! Just one comment; I would suggest altering the balance of forces a bit in favour of the Soviets; they only have pea shooters like the Mark III and some T34s and KV1s while the Germans have lots of Tigers and Paks.To make the mission more challenging I would suggest replacing the Valentines with Churchills and the T34/40 or 41 models with T34/42 s or 85 and the KV-1s with KV-1es????You could also add SU-122 or 152 acting as heavy artillery.I would also switch some of the Tigers to Panzer IVsF I or II or Stugs III F or G. You keep 2 or 3 Tigers only backed with Stugs or Panzer III/IVs and Panzergrenadiere.Playing the mission at balance 10 as I always do that would make it tougher for the German player.I 'll try my ideas in your mission and I can email it to you for playing and testing if you want?

Anyway it's good to know that you and John are following in the footsteps of Kyth and Rends!!!!
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »

Hi Hemi!

I got your mission and had the chance to play it only once and not completely because it was very late and had to go to bed.Still quite nice! My Tiger almost got maimed by the surprise artillery barrage on the road to Taranovka village.Retaking the village from the Soviets was not difficult just the pesky infantry that needs time to eliminated.All in all good fun! Just one comment; I would suggest altering the balance of forces a bit in favour of the Soviets; they only have pea shooters like the Mark III and some T34s and KV1s while the Germans have lots of Tigers and Paks.To make the mission more challenging I would suggest replacing the Valentines with Churchills and the T34/40 or 41 models with T34/42 s or 85 and the KV-1s with KV-1es????You could also add SU-122 or 152 acting as heavy artillery.I would also switch some of the Tigers to Panzer IVsF I or II or Stugs III F or G. You keep 2 or 3 Tigers only backed with Stugs or Panzer III/IVs and Panzergrenadiere.Playing the mission at balance 10 as I always do that would make it tougher for the German player.I 'll try my ideas in your mission and I can email it to you for playing and testing if you want?

Anyway it's good to know that you and John are following in the footsteps of Kyth and Rends!!!!

Frinik
 Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I needed to know. I sometimes get stuck in the Tiger or Panther only.
You're very experienced in what makes a good and replayable mission and I value your opinion. Looking forward to getting your changes.

Also, a big thanks to Kyth for setting me straight on the minor fixes to the radio messages-all are working perfectly now.

Cheers
H

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2011, 01:49:46 PM »

Yes we hope to see the finalized mission(s) soon,

It's been delightful target-practice in the Tiger  Grin

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »

OKidoki I will work on Hemi's mission or should we call it Hemission Grin?BTW why do you call the village Sheimolin?It's Taranovka isn't it?
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »

OKidoki I will work on Hemi's mission or should we call it Hemission Grin?BTW why do you call the village Sheimolin?It's Taranovka isn't it?

No reason. I was looking for a name for an out of the way village and found this name in my search of Russian villages and towns. It was different and I'd never heard of it before.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »

OK as long as you don't call it Potatov Grin

Anyway i changed the tanks as explained and the mission is tougher.NOwe there are 3 Su-122s,9 T-34s, 6 KV-1s and 3 Churchills.I fet the Paks 38 but replaced all the Tigers save 2 by Panzer IVs, Stugs III F and G.Tested it but unable ti finsih as it was late and I had downloaded and installed Jagdtiger which I did nto get a chance to try various types.Will finish ti and release it Friday.BTW I am getting all the radio messages fine!

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2011, 05:51:18 AM »

OK as long as you don't call it Potatov Grin

Potatopov would be a fine name  Grin

Other bright ideas:

- Tomatovka
- Chugaluga
- Blubs

Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »

Hem re the Blubs I object since the name is already taken by a well-known Panzer III mission taking place on another map which has a well known river river called by that name."Quiet Flows the Blubs" for those not well versed is Steelfurology.... Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2011, 12:41:56 PM »

Sad to say, 'Glug' is also taken.

Never mind, these are still available:

- Meeskamooska
- Peepski

Grin

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2012, 03:54:57 AM »

Hello,

I'm still eagerly awaiting the finalized version of Shamolin, hope to see it soon  Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:58:29 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #310 on: January 02, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »

Hello,

I'm still eagerly awaiting the finalized version of Shamolin, hope to see it soon  Grin

Hi Kyth
 The mission is done and thanks to Frinik's tweaks to the units both the victory and defeat conditions work much better. I am just trying to insert the squarish colored waypoint or position markers (your suggestion) and am having a problem getting them to show up. I've been trying to duplicate the map object from a simple single mission of YL's.

What I have done is create a couple single contours in a test mission and named them: The_proposed_site and Village. I then copied into my loc_data.text

loc_rus()
{

txt_ldm_text1() { The proposed site; }
txt_ldm_text2() { Village; }

}

In my scripts file I copied what I think are the related lines:

cs_main()
{
              ext, sel_waypoint, The_proposed_site, 0xff00a040, txt_ldm_text1, 0;
              ext, sel_waypoint, Village, 0xff00a040,txt_ldm_text2, 0;
}

Kyth, can you please advise me what's missing here?

Thanks
H

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:12:30 PM by hemisent » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »

I am just trying to insert the squarish colored waypoint or position markers (your suggestion) and am having a problem getting them to show up. I've been trying to duplicate the map object from a simple single mission of YL's.

What I have done is create a couple single contours in a test mission and named them: The_proposed_site and Village. I then copied into my loc_data.text

loc_rus()
{

txt_ldm_text1() { The proposed site; }
txt_ldm_text2() { Village; }

}

In my scripts file I copied what I think are the related lines:

cs_main()
{
              ext, sel_waypoint, The_proposed_site, 0xff00a040, txt_ldm_text1, 0;
              ext, sel_waypoint, Village, 0xff00a040,txt_ldm_text2, 0;
}

Kyth, can you please advise me what's missing here?

Thanks
H

Try renaming the contours and their references without caps: 'the_proposed_site' and 'village'.
They should show up in the game when you press the '+' key,

"Yes."
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2012, 10:40:56 PM »

Kyth
 No joy! I changed the single contour to lower case, changed the file below to lower case and nothing happens. I should mention that I changed the contour in the Outlines>Maps section as I've seen others do. I can't see how this should make a difference.

cs_main()
{
              ext, sel_waypoint, the_proposed_site, 0xff00a040, txt_ldm_text1, 0;
              ext, sel_waypoint, village, 0xff00a040,txt_ldm_text2, 0;
}

I've gone over this backwards and forwards and can't figure it out, as before the answer is usually very simple.

Thanks
H
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2012, 11:04:11 PM »

Code:
cs_main()
{

}

I'd suggest u to avoid confusing, name all waypoints as map_wpt01, map_wpt02...
Try to name txt file for waypoints  as txt_fg_uni_wpt01.
So, finally:
Code:
cs_main()
{
              ext, sel_waypoint, map_wpt01, 0xff00a040, txt_fg_uni_wpt01, 0;

}

In the ***_loc_data.text:
//WAYPOINTS
   txt_fg_uni_wpt01() {Task#1;}

Provocative signature removed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2012, 02:23:26 AM »

Kyth
 No joy! I changed the single contour to lower case, changed the file below to lower case and nothing happens. I should mention that I changed the contour in the Outlines>Maps section as I've seen others do. I can't see how this should make a difference.

cs_main()
{
}

I've gone over this backwards and forwards and can't figure it out, as before the answer is usually very simple.

Thanks
H

Hi,

I'd like to clarify that the waypoints aren't objects on the Briefing map, they're actually seen in the game itself.
They're visible as little square, green icons and you can use the '\' key to get them to show up, and '+' key to run through each one.

One more thing that comes to mind: Your other text entries in the loc_data text file are under 'loc_eng()'. So its best to group your waypoint texts under 'loc_eng()' as well.

Remember, its either 'loc_rus()' or 'loc_eng()', but not both.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:06:35 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #315 on: January 04, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »

One final thing (actually the main thing):

Make sure your waypoint entries appear after the briefing and 'nop;' lines.

For example:

cs_main()
{
              ext, add_misobj, brief, start, 4, txt_brief_shamonin, txt_mis_order;
              nop;
}

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:45:51 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2012, 02:49:49 AM »

Just a slight update. I'm still eagerly awaiting the finalized version of Shamoleon  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »

The Hemission is coming Kyth just cool your Panzer III!Ah the impatience of youth! Grin
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2012, 09:01:11 AM »

This news is just in:

I'm still eagerly awaiting the finalized version of Shimoleon.  Grin

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »

Kyth this is going to be the mission of the century !Patience!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: