Graviteam
May 10, 2024, 09:04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing Leaders What To Do?  (Read 6494 times)
mnizara
Oberleutnant

« on: September 25, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »

Now I am facing no commander issues to various platoon and if they fight then it is ok but occasionally these No-Commander platoon just run away from battle. They tell me "We can't continue to fight". I think 2 or 3 times I had to FLEE just because of this  Grin

Can this leader be reinstated with a new one? If yes how do I do it?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 04:12:48 AM »

Now I am facing no commander issues to various platoon and if they fight then it is ok but occasionally these No-Commander platoon just run away from battle. They tell me "We can't continue to fight". I think 2 or 3 times I had to FLEE just because of this  Grin

Can this leader be reinstated with a new one? If yes how do I do it?

ONLY if you have a command squad from reserves.  Otherwise you are out of luck.  It is vary important to try and keep your leader guys alive.  Which is NOT always easy.  They need to be in command range of the troops they lead but NOT right in front.  Troops without commanders are BEST used in defense only.  About all they are good for.  And if they DO have high enough moral and experience... they are still pretty effective.

Yabba dabba do
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

You can disband the squad that lost it's leader and the men will go to other squads.

I think this should be a feature for platoons as well.
I would like to disband whole platoons that have lost their leader and have the squads go to other platoons in the company that do have platoon commanders.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:09:15 PM »

You can disband the squad that lost it's leader and the men will go to other squads.

I think this should be a feature for platoons as well.
I would like to disband whole platoons that have lost their leader and have the squads go to other platoons in the company that do have platoon commanders.
In Mius we try (I hope) up to one level - no free squad micro-management, but platoon management by specific macro patterns.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 05:58:15 PM »

In Mius we try (I hope) up to one level - no free squad micro-management, but platoon management by specific macro patterns.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this Andrey.

Are you saying that in Mius we will no longer be able to give commands to individual squads but only to the platoons and the AI will manage the individual squads in that platoon to carry out those orders?

Please say this isn't so Cry
I like managing the squads.

Most of the time with this game I play QBs that have only 2-3 platoons on each side.
Squad management to me is the most immersive part of this game.

I don't trust the AI to manage above the squad level.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:02:48 PM by Dane49 » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »

Are you saying that in Mius we will no longer be able to give commands to individual squads but only to the platoons and the AI will manage the individual squads in that platoon to carry out those orders?
This can be done for about two years and APOS/GTOS. And no it did not bother since two year. I do not understand what the excitement about the Mius?

Please say this isn't so Cry
Yes

I like managing the squads.
Orders or manage, I am dont understand?

Manage will be on platoon basis, orders - from squad and team to coys and battalion basis.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:53 PM »

I'm still confused. Huh?

Will we still be able to give commands to individual squads?
 or
Will we only be able to give commands to the individual platoons and the AI will manage the squads in those platoons to carry out those orders.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »

I'm still confused. Huh?

Will we still be able to give commands to individual squads?
 or
Will we only be able to give commands to the individual platoons and the AI will manage the squads in those platoons to carry out those orders.

You can give commands to individual squads, vehicles, platoons, coys, battalions and even for teams. AI manage this groups to carry out those orders.

I do not quite capture the moment why we have moved from platoon management to orders and commands. I _only_ spoke about the management.

Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »

OK.

This is what I thought you were alluding to.

I don't know if you are familiar with the boardgames-Squad Leader(Squad level game),Panzer Leader and Panzer Blitz by Avalon Hill(Platoon level games).

Most Western wargamers are familiar with these games and they were/are very popular WW2 games.

Squad Leader reminds me of APOS/GTOS.Squad level units are the basic component and are moved and commanded separately.

I thought you were changing the game to be more like Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader.
These two games feature platoon level units not squads and combat is only represented at the platoon or higher level.
No breaking down of the platoons into individual squads.
Dane49
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »

I suppose that APOS/GTOS  reminds me of all 3 games actually.
Because it plays something like Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader at the operational level and plays like Squad Leader on the tactical map.

And while I like the operational layer,my favorite part of this game is the tactical layer.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »

Don't worry, Mius will be something different than GTOS in the details  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: