Graviteam
June 05, 2024, 05:34:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what do the appearing icons on top of the units mean?  (Read 8455 times)
oho
Oberleutnant

« on: March 19, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »

I think they mean message sent / received.
Is there an explanation anywhere?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »

Is there an explanation anywhere?
Yes. Absolutely all explained in game help system. Chapter 3.6.
Please check it if you have any questions. This system describe practically all aspects of the game.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »

Andrey if you're going to depend on in game help I request that you give us some means to delay how long the information stays on the screen.  Presently it disappears too quickly. 
Also, no offense intended, but often the English in the help boxes is ungrammatical enough to be confusing.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:59:35 PM »

Andrey if you're going to depend on in game help I request that you give us some means to delay how long the information stays on the screen.  Presently it disappears too quickly. 
They are delay by infinite time until you turn this case off in the settings.

Also, no offense intended, but often the English in the help boxes is ungrammatical enough to be confusing.
It is inevitable - translation goes through e-dictionaries with some correction by human, many phrases are far from ideal, and there is nothing we can do about it. Our team dont have any native English-speaking people.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 11:04:13 PM »

They are delay by infinite time until you turn this case off in the settings.

It is inevitable - translation goes through e-dictionaries with some correction by human, many phrases are far from ideal, and there is nothing we can do about it. Our team dont have any native English-speaking people.

Can you tell me where I adjust the delay in the settings?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:40:15 AM »

Option 6.17. By default - infinite delay.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »

Enabling or disabling Option 6.17 has no effect on how quickly the help topic messages disappear from my screen.  With either selection chosen, the help topic messages still disappear in several seconds.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 04:53:32 PM »

Enabling or disabling Option 6.17 has no effect on how quickly the help topic messages disappear from my screen.  With either selection chosen, the help topic messages still disappear in several seconds.
Now I am install English version of APOS, then install core update 5.81, and than release march 13 patch.
Start helper - default is infinite time to view, skiped only by left click.
If 6.71 is changed to enable - message text automatically changed.

Do you use the last patch?

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »

Now I am install English version of APOS, then install core update 5.81, and than release march 13 patch.
Start helper - default is infinite time to view, skiped only by left click.
If 6.71 is changed to enable - message text automatically changed.

Do you use the last patch?

I believe so.

I down loaded it from the Graviteam Patches page here, http://www.graviteam.com/HELP/271.html
a week ago.

Bring back 3D markers!
Aces
Generalleutnant

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »

Hi  mate,

Shouldn't the "Game Update" go at the top of the list?.

Regards

Aces

"IL-2 MAT Manager" co-dev.,Silent Hunter III "Super Turms","Super Pens","Crew on Deck" ,Multi-Skin Bombers dev. Wings of Victory v2.10.
Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »

Hi  mate,

Shouldn't the "Game Update" go at the top of the list?.

Regards

Aces

Not sure.  It does not seem to matter.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »

4.06 set to disable and apply
Help system manually enable by click on help button

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »

Andrey I went back to the game and disabled 6.17 and now see that some of the messages stay until left clicked (black letters) and some (blue letters) disappear on their own.

The following help topics have blue type in them and disappear on their own:

The following topics have a combined feature where some of the text boxes are black letters and some are blue.  The black letters stay until clicked but the blue go away on their own:

3.2.2 is grayed out and selecting it gives you the help topic for 3.4.1

3.3.2 does nothing and is grayed out.

3.5.1 gives no information when selected.

3.5.2 the wording is quite confusing.  I could offer suggested wording if you desired.

3.6.2 Wire link topic wording is also confusing.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »

4.06 set to disable and apply
Help system manually enable by click on help button

Yes, that was done already.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 08:52:33 PM »

and some (blue letters) disappear on their own.
Because messages with blue text suggest that you do something, so they appear periodically in time, not to close the place and situation where it is necessary to click or press.
I think it is somewhat obvious. At least no one complained about it.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »

You may have good reason for the blue text but I suggest it is best to leave it up to the user when the text box will close.  I may be looking at something else or concentrating elsewhere and the box closes and I have lost the sense of what you are trying to convey.  This is especially true when you are seeing it for the first time.  Once you are familiar of course it does not matter that it closes quickly by itself.

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

You may have good reason for the blue text but I suggest it is best to leave it up to the user when the text box will close.  I may be looking at something else or concentrating elsewhere and the box closes and I have lost the sense of what you are trying to convey.  This is especially true when you are seeing it for the first time.  Once you are familiar of course it does not matter that it closes quickly by itself.

It is not closed forever but after a time repeats. Is it usually is not reported anything important - except click here - backlit areas where to click. There is no point for a long time to delay this inscription.
Click on message is "go to next", give some other (totally different) function for this action is impractical, it is difficult to understand.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »

Ok, I did not know that the blue text repeats.  Thank you, that makes sense.

Now what about the issues with 3.2.2, 3.3.2, 3.5.1, 3.5.2, and 3.6.2 that I reported in my post above?

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: