Graviteam
April 28, 2024, 03:37:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission: Ugly Duckling (JP IV)  (Read 18496 times)
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »

OK. Now, thanks to some good guys, we've a possibility to check Jagdpanzer in the battle Wink
The mission-mod: Ugly Duckling (JP IV) presents a new units: Jagdpanzer IV, Pz IV H (schyrzen).
The mission was made on the NTA 1.3. base and polygon Sokolovo. There's only one variant of installation: full.
As usually, full variant made on the base as “INSTALL-PLAY-UNINSTALL”. So, BE WARNING, that when the mission has finished - don't forget to UNINSTALL it or use it at your risk.
Download. Weight: ~56Mb

Recommended installation order (through JSGME.exe):
1. SPM 1.5beta+fix 1.5 beta
2. SPM1.5 NTA1.3
3. Mission: A miracle-weapon Jagdtiger
4. Mission: Destroy Airfield
5. Mission: Ugly Duckling

Credits:
- SF authors
- SPM 1.5 team
- Donken (Jagdpanzer IV modeling, scripting)
- SHUN (Jagdpanzer IV adjusting, compilation)
- Maleshkin (Jagdpanzer IV textures)
- Mistwalker/Donken (Pz IVH (schyrzen modeling, scripting)

ps
I can win only at the balance "2" Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:04:09 AM by lockie » Logged

Provocative signature removed
Edward1
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:51:03 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the new models.  The JagdpanzerIV and the Panzer IVH are both great.  Really well done.  They both are a lot of fun to play Grin

Edward
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:25:48 AM »

Did some1 manage to finish mission on the balance "5"(enemy experience "3")? Wink Comrade SVN did it, mostly all screenies from his mission.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »

I tried, but I was not able to finish it with balace "5"... impossible for me  Undecided
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:23:55 AM »

What about gunsight damaging on Jagdpanzer? Can some1 confirm that damaging decreased drastically by ~90%?

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »

I must say that having played the jagdpanzer in both your mission and test ones no gun damage to report so far!Well done Lockie!Hope the same technique can be applied to all the tanks?
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »

I must say that having played the jagdpanzer in both your mission and test ones no gun damage to report so far!Well done Lockie!Hope the same technique can be applied to all the tanks?

Same results here... in my testing I have got no gunsight damage in the jaddpanzer IV. Seems to be working properly  Smiley

Txema
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »

Good to hear it! So, the problem vs gunsight damaging is resolved. Suppose, appropriate fixes will be applied to the new update NTA 1.5.

hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »

Lockie
 The game plays out beautifully. The only complaint I have is the MG's do not fire. This was a problem with the model from when it was introduced(at least for me). Both my Jagdtiger and Jagdpanzer refuse to fire their machine guns, other than that I have no negative issues.

Great work!

Cheers
H
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »

Hemi check your tech_cfg file for the Jagdtiger does it look like that for the weapons and shells entries?

//îðóæèå
   weapons()
   {
      //íàçâàíèå, ÷àíê âûëåòà, ÷àíê îòêàòà, áàøíÿ èç êîòîðîé ñòðåëÿþò, ðàáî÷åå ìåñòî çàðÿæàþùåãî
      PAK44, s_gun, db_gun,    head1, wp_loader,s_klin, 0.1, 0, 1, 0;                                                         
                         MG34,  s_mgun, ,       head2, wp_mgunner;

}

//áîåêîìïëåêò
   shells()
   {

PZGR39_44, 25, 0, 0;         
      SPRGR_44, 15, 0, 1;

BUL_792, 2925;
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »

Hi Frinik
 just compared the tech_cfg files and they're identical. The mg's should fire with the right mouse button right? Is there something in-game that activates or ok's their use? this is the reason I don't use either of  these units.

Thanks
H
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »

The mg's should fire with the right mouse button right?
Well, I don't know. I always shoot from MG by pressing "Enter". Jagpanzer has only one MG and if u want to shoot from MG, u've to take place of loader(F4).

Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »

Hi Frinik
 just compared the tech_cfg files and they're identical. The mg's should fire with the right mouse button right? Is there something in-game that activates or ok's their use? this is the reason I don't use either of  these units.

Thanks
H

No they should not, neither of the Jagdpanzer or Jagdtiger have coax mg:s. Only hull mg:s used by other crewmembers, same as Stug and Jagdpanther. Not many tankdestroyers had coax mg:s, its mostly a tank/turret vehicle attribute.

The real heroes are those that never came back.
hemisent
Oberst

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »

No they should not, neither of the Jagdpanzer or Jagdtiger have coax mg:s. Only hull mg:s used by other crewmembers, same as Stug and Jagdpanther. Not many tankdestroyers had coax mg:s, its mostly a tank/turret vehicle attribute.

Donken
 I must have missed it somewhere where the player must occupy the loader position to fire the machine gun. I just tried it and it works pressing the "enter" key. Not too thrilled with the tiny mg sight but at least I have a way of defending against infantry.  Thank you.

H
norm
Oberst

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:29 AM »

if you hit backspace it makes the sight bigger.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 02:21:20 AM »

The back space wroks for all gun sights as well.For the Tiger II and Jagdpanther you have 2 magnifications; the default one and if you want it smaller then just press page down.

I have chnaged the magnification values for the JP and Tiger II and Elefant in the common res from 9,5,5 to 18,2.5.2.5 .I find the smaller magnification gives better accuracy when targetting and hitting tanks and vehicles.
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:53 AM »

frinik: Or in the future you can experiment with the aiming speed instead, It is these numbers, You find them in xxx.engcfg under heads() section

//name, chunk of the head, chunk gun
      //angle to the left - right angle up - down
      //speed of rotation on the horizontal - vertical - / / - for electric drive (deg / sec)

head1, s_rotation_01, db_gunmask,      10, 10,  10, 5,   17, 12, 12, 8;

So 17(up/down), 12(left/right) is the speed for the "fast" aiming (when pressing down ctrl and moves) and standard speed is 12, 8.

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 06:43:25 AM »

Donken I am not sure I am following you when you say "fast aiming"Huh??Do you mean increasing the rotation of the turret ? Already I find that for some tanks the rotation speed seems to be much faster than real values?
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 06:50:40 AM »

You have two different ways to rotate your gun/turret. One normal way using mouse or arrowbuttons on your keyboard. That is the usual way. But you can also hold control button and move with your keyboard and the turret/gun move alot faster (on the tanks with different numbers in their .engcfg file). So if you change those bold numbers in my other post to a lower number the aiming should be alot slower depending on how much you change it.

So in a other way this could help with your "inaccurate moving to fast" aiming when the sight is zoomed. Instead of changing the real values for the sights (cheating) Wink

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »

Ahh Ok ! I undertsand what youare talking about.Actually what i do to move the turret is use the up, down right and left arrow keys rather than the mouse which i consider too arcadish( OK for fps but not for sims).

Re the magnification I did not explain myself well.I find the magnification to be too big for me to properly estimate the disatance to the target because in tanks/SPGs with a single rectangle like the Tiger II, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanzer , Stugs, Elefant and the Panzer III and IV I don't use the calibration.No I love using my eyesight to elevate /raise the gun to aim and hiot the target merely through my distance-estimations skills.I have a pretty good eye for thta and I am able to quickly estimate how much I shoulkd raise the gun to hit the target accurately withotu using the distance gradings.So instead of " chaeting": I am in fatc making my gunning skills more challenging and difficult.However I need to decrease the magnification use the eye method. So technically I am nto cheating unless you want to call making targetting more difficult for the user cheating... Grin

BTW I did the same with yoru Jagdtiger.Now I can hit targets by eye with 80% accuracy or more...With the JP and Tiger II I am at 95%.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: