Graviteam
April 29, 2024, 10:45:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Added platoon to new camp but not showing up  (Read 14954 times)
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »

i left my infantry in the hollow (default location) for the test, only placing my Marders where i wanted them. So the Russians only appeared once they crested the high ground to the north of my positions.

Yes your right also, forgot most tracked guns are also designated SP's or SPG's but wouldnt that have been a western allied force term for them? As the Germans wouldnt call them self propelled guns.
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »

I dont know man, theres so many books that say different things.  I always thought that all assault guns, Marders, Hetzers, Jagdtigers, Jagdpanthers, stugs, Jagdpanzers, Brumbars, and sturmtigers could "technically" fall under the umbrella of the term Sturmgeshutz.
I wouldnt think that an infantry unit that was being reinforced for example would be told whether they were being reinforced with assault gun type A or assault gun type B.  I would think they'd be told "A platoon of assault guns will be joining us."
Again Im no expert, just an enthusiast. Smiley
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »

I would think they'd be told "A platoon of assault guns will be joining us."

Sounds about right to me  Smiley

So is your plan to populate the battlefield more by adding extra units (its a bit empty at the moment in my humble opinion....though that could also been seen as realistic with the vastness of Russian and units being stretched over miles of front!) or are you intending to try and recreate some battles/campaigns or even just some entertaining quick battles?
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »

Well its a learning process as you can see.  So Im really still just tinkering as I go.  But yes I do plan to continue to add units to both sides.  I doubled the size of the attacking Russians lastnight. Things didnt end well for the heroic SP crews, although they got some pretty good licks in before that.
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »

I would think they'd be told "A platoon of assault guns will be joining us."

Sounds about right to me  Smiley

So is your plan to populate the battlefield more by adding extra units (its a bit empty at the moment in my humble opinion....though that could also been seen as realistic with the vastness of Russian and units being stretched over miles of front!) or are you intending to try and recreate some battles/campaigns or even just some entertaining quick battles?

Yes and no some fronts were over stretched such as, in belaroussian front the central army's positions in 1944 but in Kursk there were some really intense battles. In some instances hundred panzers supported by assault guns attacked to small villages for to capture some key positions. Anyway, I also believe we need more units in the maps,but Im not sure how it would effect our pcs.I have 40 fps on some intense battles with 2600k ,16gb ram and 570
randall.flagg
Major

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »

Holy Moly 16GB of RAM? In your PC?  Our main SQL server for our bank doesnt have that much.
Bekro
Oberleutnant

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »

I know bit too much but it wasnt that expensive and Im a hardcore gamer
Mark Jonzo
Hauptmann

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »

interesting, i havent had any graphic slow down yet, even with the bigger fights that happen towards end of 320inf campaign, when the SS counter-attack in the south.

I have i5 cpu, Nvidia gfx 460 card and 8gb RAM. I have been pretty impressed with how smoothly its all run out of the box on high detail and with all the great attention to detail in the sim.  Smiley

What exactly is the max size of forces that the sim permits can be used in any one battle? ie company, battalion...regiment?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: